[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

This is not a perfect solution. I spent all day trying to update part catalog and for the lift of me, I could not figure out how to detect what category was currently selected. In the end I neutered the mod down to just the page scrolling. Right now, you can scroll within a category, but cannot scroll between categories. If anyone knows how to detect your current category, please message me so I can fix it.

Link

I would kiss* anyone´s feet virtually if they can give me back mouse wheel scrolling in the part pages.

Ill take you up on that :)

This is not a perfect solution. I spent all day trying to update part catalog and for the lift of me, I could not figure out how to detect what category was currently selected. In the end I neutered the mod down to just the page scrolling. Right now, you can scroll within a category, but cannot scroll between categories.

Thank you good Sir !

To get this straight out of the box I won't update the current PartCatalog codebase, would be just madness to try and merge it in the new stock editor.

But after playing with 0.90 a bit I'll need some solution for this stock mess and was pretty much the same reason I started PartCatalog.

I can't promise anything especially not fast but I will probably work on this issue and if it ends up as something remotely usable I'll make sure to let you know.

Guess I'll spend the evening digging through the new stock editor stuff and see whether I can shape it into something useful.

Seeing as how the new stock UI has support for part-groups, maybe all the new Part Catalog should do is programmatically generate *those* groups for the new editor and name them after each mod? That might be easier.

Seeing as how the new stock UI has support for part-groups, maybe all the new Part Catalog should do is programmatically generate *those* groups for the new editor and name them after each mod? That might be easier.

I think the same !

And hide group on right click is awesome fonction of your plugin :)

I hope you can do this in your next version

I really think the new system is a mess as well, but it could be workable if there was just a search function.

I am not sure how the new system works, but maybe as an interim solution just some ability to search for a part, but still using the stock part manager.

I just wanted to put a post here to show my support for this plugin. Part Catalog has become a necessity for me since I have so many parts in my list. Scrolling, search functionality, categories... the list can go on and on, this is a rock solid plugin. Hopefully we'll see an update soon. Hell, even just releasing a plugin with scrolling functionality would be absolutely amazing! It's by far and away a feature that should be stock. I'll be sticking to 0.25 as long as possible until this gets updated; I can't stand building without it.

Keep up the great work! Hopefully it won't be a pain to update. Hell, I'm sure if you just released scrolling functionality most people that are here showing support would be head over heels!

I just wanted to put a post here to show my support for this plugin. Part Catalog has become a necessity for me since I have so many parts in my list. Scrolling, search functionality, categories... the list can go on and on, this is a rock solid plugin. Hopefully we'll see an update soon. Hell, even just releasing a plugin with scrolling functionality would be absolutely amazing! It's by far and away a feature that should be stock. I'll be sticking to 0.25 as long as possible until this gets updated; I can't stand building without it.

Keep up the great work! Hopefully it won't be a pain to update. Hell, I'm sure if you just released scrolling functionality most people that are here showing support would be head over heels!

Hello, on this topic, you can see that Fred4106 has made a comptability update to PartCatalog for KSP 0.90 ;)

And if you prefer to wait the official release of PartCatalog, you can try the small mod which only has the scrolling functionality (look at my signature :P).

This is not a perfect solution. I spent all day trying to update part catalog and for the lift of me, I could not figure out how to detect what category was currently selected. In the end I neutered the mod down to just the page scrolling. Right now, you can scroll within a category, but cannot scroll between categories. If anyone knows how to detect your current category, please message me so I can fix it.

Link

Ill take you up on that :)

Oh, great, it's (somewhat) back again! Thanks!

But I still hope BlackNecro can bring us back the official version.

Hello, on this topic, you can see that Fred4106 has made a comptability update to PartCatalog for KSP 0.90 ;)

And if you prefer to wait the official release of PartCatalog, you can try the small mod which only has the scrolling functionality (look at my signature :P).

I could've sworn that I read the last page or two before posting... I don't know how I missed this. Thanks for the link! I should also mention I love your quick mods. QuickExit and QuickHide really should become stock; I can't think of any excuse squad has for not implementing those super small features. Anyways, thanks again for pointing out Fred's post!

Aside from scrolling, i miss this functionality:

You coudl filter parts by mod, and within singel mod you coudl filter parts by type..

Right now with stock manufacturer filtering you can either filter by part type or by manufacturer, you cant select only command parts from b9 for example.. or am i doing something wrong?

u can have done everything by stock but u neeed A LOT of work to make your own categories (part by part) wich i SLOWLY starting to do with most commonly used parts but... its lack of filtering using multiple funcjons at once u can make it by your own but u need a lots of time a LOTS OF and this mod was awesome for that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.