[0.20] Elysian Empire Advanced research Division 0.0.01 - A World War 'K' Mod

EnterElysium

Deprecated, we have better options now

Introduction

Due to the current state of the nation, the EEARD are proud to announce a line of military technology to protect us from any aggressors.

Parts

'Sparrow' Short-Range Kinetic-Kill Missile [Light] MkI - Designed by our top scientists using cutting edge technology, the SR KKM[L] MkI, affectionately known as the 'Sparrow', is the first in a line of general purpose light-missiles designed to fly roughly in the direction pointed and hopefully destroy whatever they hits using momentum alone. Now with added duct tape!

sparrowb.png

Plans

• More Missiles

Change Log

0.0.01 - First Release, Sparrow inc.

Download

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/elysian-empire-advanced-research-division/

License

Please contact the original author before redistributing any changes to this mod, for now.

Edited by EnterElysium

For the proximity detection, do you want the missiles to automatically lock onto things that come within range? I accomplished that a while back (not in KSP, just plain Unity) so I can send you code if you want to look at it. :) Oh– same goes for the guns. Ammo should be a pretty easy matter, I already have the single-shot reloading (you can make an 18th-century rifle or a modern machine gun by changing a single value is what that means) taken into account so it just needs to be translated to C# (trivial, believe me) and the ammo usage needs to be added.

Edited by OrbitusII

For the proximity detection, do you want the missiles to automatically lock onto things that come within range? I accomplished that a while back (not in KSP, just plain Unity) so I can send you code if you want to look at it. Oh– same goes for the guns. Ammo should be a pretty easy matter, I already have the single-shot reloading (you can make an 18th-century rifle or a modern machine gun by changing a single value is what that means) taken into account so it just needs to be translated to C# (trivial, believe me) and the ammo usage needs to be added.

Sadly I have no idea when it comes to coding, I'd love to give it a go sometime but trying to even mod a simple thing like this was hard enough with the forum having bits and bobs all scattered around and a wiki that has more dead-ends than a town built solely from cul-de-sacs.

Put up your craft files! and use your youtubing connection to get Robbaz to do the same!

They are linked to a mediafire in my last IRU video.

This should use Romferers lazor system.

I'd rather stay away from RomFarers system for two reasons:

1) I want to stay dumb-fire for all or the vast majority of projectiles.

2) The lazor mod caused me issues a while back and I would rather like to avoid depending on another mod that is fairly complex.

Edited by EnterElysium

They are linked to a mediafire in my last IRU video.

i caant find it, could you put up a link

2) The lazor mod caused me issues a while back and I would rather like to avoid depending on another mod that is fairly complex.

not to mention there is already a missile pack that works with lazor systems....why would he wanna make the same mod that's already out there.....

So, you are going to be making your own missiles for the WWK series? Very cool mod, by the way.

Yeah, the only thing that comes close to weaponry in .20 now is Pirated Weapons mod and I don't even know if that works in .20. Although I don;t use that because the Lazor mod tankied my game and missiles that are fire-and-forget from 99km away are no fun at all. I already used it to great success in episode #9. Hoping to expand it a little bit but my modding knowledge of KSP is lacking and the resources and info on doing so are very... dispersed and dated.

Thread should really be in this section, as it is in progress

As are the vast majority of the mods here, the difference I am seeing between the two sections is that one has workable content and the other is just 'in progress'. I have the former, sadly SpacePort has swallowed my upload twice now to no result... :/

Edited by EnterElysium

I would personally rather see guns before the other features, I understand that missiles are much easier to do, but at least some place-holders for guns (ESPECIALLY frigate-sized guns) would be high priority in my books.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y424/kspfan113/2013-06-12_00001_zpsf119be0a.jpg' alt='2013-06-12_00001_zpsf119be0a.jpg'> hello i am the chairman of mmrdcorp moon and minmuss research and and development corporation tis is just are medium tank it is no final product this is just a tid bit

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason, this looks closer to Israel's David's Sling missiles, not the Iris-t, (Although that's because of other reasons than the nose) which was a German lead missile. while the iris t also has strakes, but this game model doesn't. If it's trying to simulate the ramjet powered meteor, it is still missing strakes while the mbda meteor missile is actually a medium to long range counter ecm and kinematic dash missile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David's_Sling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIS-T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbda_meteor

Edited by andrew123

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.