Hi All.

DesertPhoenix

Hi all. I've been playing the demo for about two weeks now, and lurking the forums (and youtube videos) for about one week. I have purchased the full game on steam, but am resisting the urge to install it till after my exams are finished, in 10 days.

So far, I've landed, and returned safely from Mun, launched capsules into orbit around Kerbin and done the closest I can at docking within the demo, and launched thing out of the Kerbol's range of influence.

I look forward to playing with docking ports, rovers and the like... and especially look forward to participating in some of the challenges.

I spent a large section of last night trying to comprehend the mathematics of orbital physics, from what I could find on Wikipedia. I didn't succeed, though by the end my brain was dribbling out of my ears. Is it possible to calculate delta-v, orbital requirements, gravity assists and so on using just maths? And if so, what aspects of maths do I need to study? the equations in wikipedia made no sense to me at all.

It would be nice to be able to draw up a flight plan, including burns and planet intercepts, before I leave the launch pad.