Amphibious Rescue VTOL

Hey, so in my goal of returning all Kerbals back to the KSC, and not just 'End Flighting' them, I've designed a Amphibious Rescue VTOL (ARVTOL). Downside, I still haven't fully worked out the whole plane building thing. It works, but testy when in flight. Even though originally perfectly symmetrical, it has a tendency to flip forward, partially overcome by adding some additional weight on one end, but also making it unsymmetrical. Flight tends to pull upwards, requiring constant supervision, and fighting. Doesn't turn great, probably to it's blocky nature. And I haven't been able to figure out how to land it without parachute assist. But since crafty kerbals can repack parachutes, that's just a luxury. Take off requires aft engines, and the 4 VTOL engines (Otherwise that forward flip thing happens again), but take off in the water is possible the same way. Images below.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B00kA5XU_PPFZTBjYkpmLUtRM28/edit?usp=sharing Craft File. (I think this works, never used Google Drive before.)

Anyways, I obviously need help. Can someone provide some insight on how to get a good VTOL going without needing crazy micro, or explain why perfectly symmetrical designs have a tendency to flip? Or point me in the right direction. Cheers!

VGOBIMM.jpgg1j86zn.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.