[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

A great mod. I suggest however, to use 'cargo' as a resource instead of ores you have to mine. I believe the Orbital Construction mod does something similar. If you want to build a rocket consiting of an orange tank, a mainsail, a decoupler, a capsule, and a parachute, you'll have to fly those parts to your colony. 'Disassembled' perhaps, in a special container. A container can carry a set amount of weight. You can only use the parts that are in stock in your extra-planetary launchpad to build a ship.

Could give it a more interesting angle and give you an actual reason to make regular restocking flights.

Orbital construction uses an spare part resource who is just an fuel resource like kerthane you has to launch and transport to the dock.

Then it use something like hyperedit to move the ship from launchpad to the docks orbit.

It's here! It's here! Woohoo!

Looks like my site visit for that base was well timed.

Edit: The tanks are also showing up invisible for me.

This Mod will be fantastic once it's got bugs ironed out, and is updated for 0.20's format.

Edited by Tw1

Originally posted by The Destroyer

Like...

Carrying green goo and cryo pods to replicate kerbals?

Actually, I'd suggest building Passenger shuttles, as opposed to the current case of crew miraculously appearing off world.

Has anyone else found that this breaks all kethane parts? Just tested and I cant even drill kethane up any more!

Wondering if its an issue or maybe I installed wrong....any help would be very welcomed.

Has anyone else found that this breaks all kethane parts? Just tested and I cant even drill kethane up any more!

Wondering if its an issue or maybe I installed wrong....any help would be very welcomed.

I haven't tried it but did you see this in the OP?

THIS IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH STOCK KETHANE.DLL. Extraplanetary Launchpads includes a modified version of Kethane which Majiir has given me permission to redistribute; others are still subject to the original license. It should be compatible with the parts in the stock Kethane pack, I think.

Are you using the adjusted dll and is that the one that is failing?

I haven't tried it but did you see this in the OP?

Are you using the adjusted dll and is that the one that is failing?

Yes, im using the adjusted plugin...about to try both .dll's at once.....maybe at least then I can still harvest Kethane.

Was so excited about this mod being released, and while the Launchpad works great, not being able to use the resource aspect, and more over not being able to mine kethane is a big no go for me....would be nice to hear something from the dev on this

Not just you. Same thing here.

Err, weird. I didn't check the appearance of models after switching to 0.20 and it seems that those two bins are mostly invisible, and the textures are gone frlom the launchpad...Let me investigate this.

I've been waiting for this for a long time, Woo!! time to rejoice!!

as said above, compatible with kethane 0.5??

and by chance is it possible to have an orbital space center?

This is not compatible with stock Kethane of any version; it contains a modified version of Kethane 0.4. This is only temporary until the next version of Kethane is released.

When you load a craft it is loaded with a velocity of 0.0 m/s relative to the surface. This means that, unless you are in a geostationary orbit, if you try to load a ship in orbit it will have a high velocity relative to the launchpad and they will collide and blow everything up.

I'd suggest just launching from a low-gravity moon instead.

May I ask why the launch pad isn't folded up on both wings? It would make it look a lot better.

This is to allow for surface attachment of things. You can't attach to an animated part (if you try to put something on the outside of the folded wings, it will collide when you try to open it). Damned Robotics solves this by rebuilding the entire rocket during animation; I didn't want to have to code that into my plugin, so I made just the one side animate. I may change that for the next version.

Since the Orbital Construction mod seems orphaned (And not really finished) and I was the last person to release an update for it, I guess it sort of makes me the guardian of the code until the owner shows up.

If you need any mods to OC to make it work with this, drop me a line and I can release a DLL patch.

Seeing as I release these as byte patches, you would be legally allowed to include my DLL patch with your mod, but not the original DLL.

The concept of this mod is soooo much better than Orbital Construction mod ever was. I don't understand why people keep bringing it up, this mod if far superior in every way. Orbital construction = fling 'dead weight' into space + hyperedit (not to mention it was buggy, esp with high part count craft).

This is not only more realistic, but it works much better....

Since the Orbital Construction mod seems orphaned (And not really finished) and I was the last person to release an update for it, I guess it sort of makes me the guardian of the code until the owner shows up.

If you need any mods to OC to make it work with this, drop me a line and I can release a DLL patch.

Seeing as I release these as byte patches, you would be legally allowed to include my DLL patch with your mod, but not the original DLL.

Hmm...basically what OC would need to integrate would be to use the resource "RocketParts" instead of "SpareParts".

oh, so just one resource? All the rocks, fuel etc gets combined before that?

Sounds like an easy change.

That's what Orbital Construction does. Extraplanetary Launchpads does not combine resources; you still have to have fuel, monopropellant etc. on hand to build stuff.

This is not compatible with stock Kethane of any version; it contains a modified version of Kethane 0.4. This is only temporary until the next version of Kethane is released.

I think the confusion is coming from what is "the next version of Kethane"

The plugin was released at/with a modified .4.4 Kethane and since then .5 Kethane has come out. So the question is is .5 "the next version of Kethane" or is whatever is after .5 "the next version of Kethane"

If the latter, can we get a modified modified Kethane that updates the Kethane code to .5 while still maintaining compatibility with this new mod since .5 added and changed a lot to the Kethane pack.

I think the confusion is coming from what is "the next version of Kethane"

The plugin was released at/with a modified .4.4 Kethane and since then .5 Kethane has come out. So the question is is .5 "the next version of Kethane" or is whatever is after .5 "the next version of Kethane"

If the latter, can we get a modified modified Kethane that updates the Kethane code to .5 while still maintaining compatibility with this new mod since .5 added and changed a lot to the Kethane pack.

The "next version of Kethane" will be 0.6. I will try and get my code 0.5 compatible.

The "next version of Kethane" will be 0.6. I will try and get my code 0.5 compatible.

If youre'using kethane .4 with the mod (that I see no kethane parts included in your mod) the next version would be .5 that was released a few hours before this.

Cool mod but I think I'm gonna hold off on it until things are figured out. Seems like this got rushed out a bit.

If youre'using kethane .4 with the mod (that I see no kethane parts included in your mod) the next version would be .5 that was released a few hours before this.

Cool mod but I think I'm gonna hold off on it until things are figured out. Seems like this got rushed out a bit.

I am using Kethane 0.4; the "next version" I am referring to is 0.6. 0.5 just got released yesterday, and I will try and fix compatibility with 0.5 parts.

If you look at development thread for this it does not seemed rushed. I think Kethane being updated to 0.5release same night this mod was released is just a confusing mistake that was unintentional.

Hope skykooler can get a 0.5kethane replacement .dll worked out because this mod is simply amazing!

baring that maybe someone can mail me kethane 0.4...I already upgraded to 0.5....

How forward all structures for build in Mum... even if cheat?... i have not succeed.

Land a launchpad on the Mun. To launch a new ship from it, instead of clicking "Launch", click "Save", go to the Mün launchpad in the space center, and click "Load ship" and load the ship you just made.

Thanks! Please don't interpret my call for clarification as anything more than just my own confusion, thanks for all the work you have put into this, it seems like it adds a lot to KSP.