[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Imma so happy to launch with nuclear engines from the munbase now... And that is only the start of it. Sorry everything, I've gained new way to SPACE! Thanks Sky! You have done something AMAZING! :D

PS, cannot wait for the thing to look a bit better too, esthetic improvements, however, not overly important to the entirety of its splendour... ;)

I tried this in 2 of my savegames, its working in the one where i am trying new mods (1 flight) but not in my main save (56 flights). I just cant load rockets on it, nothing happen if i select it and click load ship. But i know that it works in my other save.

Any idea why i have this problem?

I tried this in 2 of my savegames, its working in the one where i am trying new mods (1 flight) but not in my main save (56 flights). I just cant load rockets on it, nothing happen if i select it and click load ship. But i know that it works in my other save.

Questions:

Do you have electricity if it is a probe/ is there a probe on it

Did you install the modified Kethane dll?

Is debug= true enabled?

Also

all resources for a rocket - liquidfuel, oxidizer, monopropellant and electricity

In Scott manleys video it seemed to make rockets without any Liquidfuel/ oxidizer, just rocket parts?

Edited by The Destroyer

I am not using resources (debug=true) so i deleted the modified kethane dll and still use the stock one (kethane works).

I tried it in both saves with just the launch pad and a probecomputer with battery attached.

I can unfold the launchpad in both saves but it doesnt open the list of saved rockets in my main game. Without changeing anything it works in the other save!

Is it possible that it has a problem with the MUCH bigger list of saved rockets in my main game? That and the number of flights is the only difference between the two games.

Does your save name have a space in it? The current version will not work if there is a space in your save name.

Does your save name have a space in it? The current version will not work if there is a space in your save name.

Yes, but both have a space in it and it works in one of them...

It works in "mod test", where i test everything before i ruin my main game. It doesnt work in "United Nations of Kerbin"

Yes, but both have a space in it and it works in one of them...

It works in "mod test", where i test everything before i ruin my main game. It doesnt work in "United Nations of Kerbin"

That's weird, it shouldn't work in "mod test", unless you have another save called "mod".

I only have a third save called "test center", it works there, too.

But i noticed that in "mod test" the list of ships (12 saved ships) opens immediately, in "test center" the list (24 ships) opens after several seconds and in my main game (75 ships) it doesnt open at all.

Is it possible that it just has a problem loading the large list?

I only have a third save called "test center", it works there, too.

But i noticed that in "mod test" the list of ships (12 saved ships) opens immediately, in "test center" the list (24 ships) opens after several seconds and in my main game (75 ships) it doesnt open at all.

Is it possible that it just has a problem loading the large list?

It's possible, but I don't know why that would be. It uses the same function as the game does to show that list, so if you can access it from the game you should be able to access it from EL.

There is no issue with space in the name.

If ships do not appear in the load menu, double check your persistent.sfs file for that save. Is the savegame name in the text file the same as the folder name?

I used to reset my persistence file by copying the one from "Default Save". I now realize that was bad :P

Not a bad mod, but I've found it won't let me do anything other than open and close, and the construction tower just lets mecontrol from here and rename. no launching ships from it.

got mining working now, so now have a full load of Parts in my launchpad on Mun. but can't load VAB ships with pre-filled (normal) fuel tanks. I started using empty fuel tanks in VAB ship design, which solved the problem, they just need to be filled manually once on the Mun launchpad now.

but I can't open my Kethane debugger - has launchpad's MMI_Kethane done this?

got mining working now' date=' so now have a full load of Parts in my launchpad on Mun. but can't load VAB ships with pre-filled (normal) fuel tanks. I started using empty fuel tanks in VAB ship design, which solved the problem, they just need to be filled manually once on the Mun launchpad now.

but I can't open my Kethane debugger - has launchpad's MMI_Kethane done this?[/quote']

The current kethane debugger does not support multiple resources, the next update will fix that. Also in order to build a rocket at EL pad you need EVERYTHING. rocket parts, LFO, monoprop, even electric charge. You have no fuel free-flowing to the Launchpad, that's why you could only launch with empty tanks.

The current kethane debugger does not support multiple resources, the next update will fix that. Also in order to build a rocket at EL pad you need EVERYTHING. rocket parts, LFO, monoprop, even electric charge. You have no fuel free-flowing to the Launchpad, that's why you could only launch with empty tanks.

thanks for speedy reply. already got fuel connected. ive got my workshop, smelter/miner and launchpad linked with KAS each with their own resources, and the launchpad itself has plenty of all resources for the real simple rockets im building to test it. im assuming tanks with engines are still valid sources of fuel?

thanks for speedy reply. already got fuel connected. ive got my workshop' date=' smelter/miner and launchpad linked with KAS each with their own resources, and the launchpad itself has plenty of all resources for the real simple rockets im building to test it. im assuming tanks with engines are still valid sources of fuel?[/quote']

Yes, they are; but they need to be connected to the launchpad with fuel lines.

If I use another mod with new resources, I need those resources, too? For example I use a mod "Ioncross Crew Support", I need oxygen to build a rocket?

Yes, you will. It looks at all resources.

Also, this unfortunately means that you cannot currently build a rocket with SRBs in resource mode, as there is no way to get the SolidFuel to the launchpad.

Yes, they are; but they need to be connected to the launchpad with fuel lines.

Yes, you will. It looks at all resources.

Also, this unfortunately means that you cannot currently build a rocket with SRBs in resource mode, as there is no way to get the SolidFuel to the launchpad.

Not entirely true, I remember I once had a fuel SRB that I transfered fuel from, That may have been a glitch though.

I've double checked, and for some reason, the install is not working right. It loads, the launchpad opens and closes, and the facility allows me to control from here, but it won't allow me to load any ship or launch from them.

Not entirely true, I remember I once had a fuel SRB that I transfered fuel from, That may have been a glitch though.

What I mean is that you can't mine SolidFuel to refill the launchpad, as Kethane doesn't support it.

hey guys, sorry if this question has been answered, im having issues just getting this to run.

i have the Extraplanetary Launchpads folder in the game data folder and have replaced my kethane.dll, my main prob is i have no idea what to do with the .DS_Store file im guessing this is whats causing ksp not to load at all now?

I've looked through all the pages and cant see anything, this is the first time ive posted on the forum so apologies if im not posting this in the right place. :blush:

hey guys, sorry if this question has been answered, im having issues just getting this to run.

i have the Extraplanetary Launchpads folder in the game data folder and have replaced my kethane.dll, my main prob is i have no idea what to do with the .DS_Store file im guessing this is whats causing ksp not to load at all now?

I've looked through all the pages and cant see anything, this is the first time ive posted on the forum so apologies if im not posting this in the right place. :blush:

Just ignore the .DS_Store file, it doesn't do anything. Mac OS automatically adds that when you make a .zip so that if you decompress it on a Mac it knows where to put the icons.

If you can't load ships on the pad, you may have to delete the kethane.cfg from your save.

The .DS_store is a file for mac users, Ksp will will load fine (on windows at least) with those in the files