[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Preview of new UI

Notice the Separate JetFuel and RocketFuel(LF) sliders.

Both control the same thing, but when you have a vehicle that has both LFO and Jet fuel tanks, this allows you to have a different fill rate for each.

Also note the "Link sliders" option. This allows you to link the LiquidFuel and Oxidizer sliders to keep the correct ratio when you do a partial fill.

Loading from both SPH and VAB is now fixed.

I upped this DLL to http://evilc.com/files/games/ksp/Launchpad.dll so you can have a play before the next full release.

Edited by evilC

Does the fueling UI support arbitrary resources, i.e. Kethane or other mod-defined resources?

It should; the only hardcoded resource names are liquid fuel, oxidizer, and intake air (which is ignored).

Does the fueling UI support arbitrary resources, i.e. Kethane or other mod-defined resources?

Yes it should already, if it dont we will fix it.

I may have to add an exception list - at the moment it is hard-coded (eg it never asks you to supply Intake Air!)

Awesome new UI! When can we expect this? coming soon? I can't wait to use this :)

Use the DLL in my post to use it now. This does not change the UI or kethane compatibility issues, it just changes the build UI.

Yes it should already, if it dont we will fix it.

I may have to add an exception list - at the moment it is hard-coded (eg it never asks you to supply Intake Air!)

This would be nice. Can you create a config node that other mods can define to add exceptions? For example, Kethane's KIntakeAir shouldn't show up, but that's defined in Kethane and it'd be unreasonable to have you maintain an exceptions list.

This would be nice. Can you create a config node that other mods can define to add exceptions? For example, Kethane's KIntakeAir shouldn't show up, but that's defined in Kethane and it'd be unreasonable to have you maintain an exceptions list.

That was my plan, but I may have to ask your help on that one;

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to default the other way around? If this mod doesn't know what a particular resource is, it should probably not require it to be supplied. So if a rocket has a part that requires KIntakeAir but the mod doesn't know what that is, it just ignores it, but if maker of SuperTimeSphere mod wants this mod to require Element115 be on hand to make their rocket, they can define the node to add the rule. I.e. the mod should maintain a list of requirements, not exceptions, and mod makers can add to the requirements list rather than add to an exceptions list (that most mods won't know about and never add themselves to, making them incompatible with this mod).

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to default the other way around? If this mod doesn't know what a particular resource is, it should probably not require it to be supplied. So if a rocket has a part that requires KIntakeAir but the mod doesn't know what that is, it just ignores it, but if maker of SuperTimeSphere mod wants this mod to require Element115 be on hand to make their rocket, they can define the node to add the rule. I.e. the mod should maintain a list of requirements, not exceptions, and mod makers can add to the requirements list rather than add to an exceptions list (that most mods won't know about and never add themselves to, making them incompatible with this mod).

The way we do it at the moment, it should work with any mod you throw at it.

If you cannot "create" a resource you need, you can always set the slider to 0, but if you can, you can supply it.

Removing it is just cosmetic.

With your way, it needs to be enabled by each mod author to make it work with our mod.

The way we do it at the moment, it should work with any mod you throw at it.

If you cannot "create" a resource you need, you can always set the slider to 0, but if you can, you can supply it.

Removing it is just cosmetic.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. :) At least, as long as the part shows up with the appropriate resources it needs. e.g. if you're using that rocket that comes with 10 Thorium in it at launch and can't be refilled, it can still work with this...

EDIT: Talking about this engine. It's supposed to have the resource in it when constructed. Once it's empty, the engine is not usable by design...

With your way, it needs to be enabled by each mod author to make it work with our mod.

I must have explained it poorly. It would work with any mod done the way I was thinking, it would just waive the requirement for any resource it doesn't recognize, supplying it exactly as the part.cfg specifies, unless the mod author defined the node for your mod saying not to.

Edited by Gaius

The new UI looks great! But the support of resources from other mods would be helpful. Such as oxygen from the mod Ioncross Crew Support.

Ok, I misunderstood is written above, and said stupidity.

Sorry, I see now that the resources of the other mods are displayed in the new UI.

I also noticed that the crew for the new ships is created from the air. It would be right to take a crew of residential modules spaceport.

Edited by Malcolm

The new UI looks great! But the support of resources from other mods would be helpful. Such as oxygen from the mod Ioncross Crew Support.

The mod gets its list of resources from the ship being built - so whatever resources that consists of will be in the list.

I also noticed that the crew for the new ships is created from the air. It would be right to take a crew of residential modules spaceport.

Yes, this has been discussed and should be addressed at some point

Edited by evilC

I saw his mistake and corrected the previous message. But you have answered before I had time to fix it.

But I see that the new UI is not working right.

This rocket (~90 parts) to a new UI requires over 5000 parts!

6db42755c200t.jpg

Maybe you need this .craft file. It is made using the Remote Tech and KSPX Mods .

http://yadi.sk/d/_ZtBU-wP5qvOs For download press "ÑÂúðчðть".

Edited by Malcolm

Before I get building my launch pad I would like to make sure I know how this works so I don't screw everything up.

So if I have a launchpad, tanks of fuel and metal, and the rocket builder all hooked up with KAS, I'll be able to build rockets, right? Or is there something else I need?

OmenRa, ok, I will try to answer. You understand Russian? Else i need use Google translator too ;)

ÞÑÂтðûьýыõ ôõтðûø ýуöýы тþûьúþ õÑÂûø Ñ‚Ñ‹ øóрðõшь Ѡþтúûючõýýыü ôõñðóþü ò üþôõ (Ñ‚.õ. ÑÂþ òúûючõýýþù ôþñычõù рõÑÂурÑÂþò).

Ãâ€Ã»Ñ Ã½Ã°Ñ‡Ã°Ã»Ã° ýуöýþ уÑÂтðýþòøть üþô Kethane ø ÷ðüõýøть ò ýõü MMI_Kethane.dll ýð тþт, чтþ øôõт ò úþüÿûõúтõ Ñ Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Ãâ€Ã°Ã»ÑŒÑˆÃµ ÑÂтðòøшь ýð ÑÂÿутýøú úõтðýþòыù ÑÂúðýõр ø ÑÂúðýøруõшь ÿûðýõту ò ÿþøÑÂúðх úõтðýð ø руôы.

Ã’Ñ‹ÑÂðöøòðõшь ôþñыòðющую üðшøýу ø ñурþü ôþñыòðõшь руôу. àуôð хрðýøтÑÂѠò ÷õûõýþù ÿрþ÷рðчýþù фøóýõ, ò ýð÷òðýøø úþтþрþù õÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ "ore". ßþтþü ò ñþûьшþù чõрýþù фøóýõ (ÿõчь) ÿõрõÿûðòÃȄÂõшь руôу ò üõтðûû. Þý хрðýøтÑÂѠò тðúþù öõ ÷õûõýþù фøóýõ, ýþ ѠýðôÿøÑÂью "metal". ×ðтõü ò тþù ôõтðûõ, чтþ òыóÃȄÂôøт úðú òыÑÂþúðѠÿðûúð Ѡÿûðтфþрüðüø ÿõрõрðñðтыòðõшь üõтðû ò ôõтðûø рðúõты ø уöõ ÿþÑÂûõ ÑÂтþóþ ýð ûðýчÿðôõ ÑÂтрþøшь рðúõту. Ãâ€Ã»Ñ Ã¿Ã¾ÑÂтрþùúø ýуöýþ ýõþñхþôøüþõ úþûøчõÑÂтòþ ôõтðûõù, ð тðú-öõ òÑÂõ рõÑÂурÑÂÑ‹ (тþÿûøòþ, þúøÑÂûøтõûь, üþýþÿрþÿõûûõýт ø Ñ‚.ô.). áтþúþòыõ рõÑÂурÑÂÑ‹ üþöýþ ÿþûучøть ø÷ úõтðýð, ýþ ÿрþ ÑÂтþ чøтðù ò þÿøÑÂðýøø тþóþ üþôð ;)

Ãœþöõшь ÿрþúрутøть ýõüýþóþ ýð÷ðô òõтúу фþруüð, тут ñыûþ ýþòþõ UI ôûѠüþôð, ÿþ÷òþÃȄÂющõõ уüõýьшðть úþûøчõÑÂтòþ рõÑÂурÑÂþò, ýþ þý ÿþôóûючøòðõт.

Edited by Malcolm

Malcolm ,

Thank you! It's incredible! Will have to spend a couple of hours for translation! ë(LOL)

//

don't used Google translator. I applied the knowledge gained in school

I am having an issue when placing either of the two kethane survey parts on a satellite. When i go to launch the craft it shows as if I am already in orbit but yet i never launched the craft and the game goes unresponsive. All it will allow me to do at that point is return to the space center. But if i remove the survey part from the craft then it will go to the launch pad like normal. I was wondering if anyone else is running into this problem and has a solution. I am operating off of a MAC so I don't know if there is a conflict with the operation system and the mod.