[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

I then created numerous test vessels mostly consisting of rocket parts containers and tried to spawn them on a debug-enabled launchpad. None of the test vessels even loads if it contains a part that can contain rocket parts, it doesn't even snow me the resource sliders. Everything else builds normally.

Try with debug disabled. I had the same problem yesterday (with stock pad) and it turned out I had debug on. Disabled it and it's working fine now.

Ok, I'll accept the challenge of fluffy rocketparts. Two things though:

1) Can I get a large half-spherical tank?

I'm pretty sure you'd need to ask Talisar for this one first, as originally these don't exist. They would be very nice for keeping flat side on the ground, but nobody expected such a need would materialize until EPL came about -- the tanks are mostly intended for orbital applications.

2) Can I change quantities of already-discovered ore deposits to deal with the density nerf?

...Good question, I'd love to know about the already discovered deposits as well, I really don't feel like wiping the kethane seed and doing the scanning all over yet again...

Zeroignite: Large hemisphere: sorry, there isn't one, though I suppose you could rescale a medium. I'm a bit busy right now, but I could look into it later. One option is to put 3 of the shorter (stock) truss segments around the base of a large sphere, though that will take 14t to build (tank is 13.5) :/

As for the deposits: delete the ore deposite info (not the scan data!) for the planet you want to regenerate. I don't know where it's hiding with recent kethane as I haven't had time to install 0.7.5. They'll be regenerated the next time you load (or at least, it used to work that way).

As for the deposits: delete the ore deposite info (not the scan data!) for the planet you want to regenerate. I don't know where it's hiding with recent kethane as I haven't had time to install 0.7.5. They'll be regenerated the next time you load (or at least, it used to work that way).

That would be the save file itself, then:

GAME
{
SCENARIO
{
name = KethaneData
Resource
{
Resource = Ore
Body
{
Name = <celestial body>
Deposit
{
Quantity = 448621.7
}

I expect you need to remove the Deposit{} sections for ore for all bodies, because they're pre-generated for all of them.

Disabled, still no cigar. :)

Doh! Tried it again and it's not working now:( Managed to build one craft before but now l can't even select it. Seems that the problem is more complicated. At least this time is not a game breaker.

vasco: I've got resource handing (including rocket parts storage) working in my tree (mostly merged into skykooler's tree) except for a dictionary key error that is giving Mihara grief.

As far as I am concerned, not being able to build craft with rocket parts storage is game-breaking, even if only for some (it works for me :/), especially with the low-density rocket parts: makes it rather difficult to bootstrap.

Question: Why doesn't the little rocket powered launchpad fly like a normal rocket? I landed one on the side of a hill on Minmus and decided to relocate it only to find I could not control it.

P.S On the plus side, I had a great laugh bouncing it around the low grav moon. It seems to be indestructible (more testing required :cool: )

Keep up the good work

Doh! Tried it again and it's not working now:( Managed to build one craft before but now l can't even select it. Seems that the problem is more complicated. At least this time is not a game breaker.

Same issue here. Can't even select the vehicle when any of the rocket part container is included.

Question: Why doesn't the little rocket powered launchpad fly like a normal rocket? I landed one on the side of a hill on Minmus and decided to relocate it only to find I could not control it.

P.S On the plus side, I had a great laugh bouncing it around the low grav moon. It seems to be indestructible (more testing required :cool: )

Keep up the good work

Flys just fine for me..are you paying attention to CoM....

As far as I am concerned, not being able to build craft with rocket parts storage is game-breaking, even if only for some (it works for me :/), especially with the low-density rocket parts: makes it rather difficult to bootstrap.
Agreed, especially since I haven't been able to change an ore container to rocketparts in my save.

Regarding regenerating deposit quantities, is there a scalar value I could multiply existing deposits by?

Although the new launchpad is a lot easier to transport, the first one was a hell (but not impossible), I have no idea how to attach a docking port to it so I can attach an entire base to it. Has this still to be implemented?

HadrianF: use KAS* and the detachable radial connector. you should be able to attach it pretty much anywhere once the pad is open.

*Yes, it says 0.20, but other than trying to attach things in orbit, it works fine in 0.21.

I found that if you load something that works, then load something with rocket parts in it, then press build.. you get your rocket parts storage vessel. it's a bug of a bug, allowing me to build probably a 8k cost warehouse for the price of a 2k rover.

I also have this one bug where occasionally my built vessel appears attached to the side of my workshop instead of on the landing pad, breaking off all of the solar panels on that side.

Alright, I'm missing something here. The screenshot on the first page says that the stock 2-stage lander takes 38.73 parts. On the pack I just downloaded, it says the 2-stage lander takes 3084 parts.

I just downloaded "Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v3.zip" from the download link on the page as of 10 minutes ago. What am I missing here?