[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Zeroignite: I thought I mentioned it. In the current release (v3.2) non-pumpable (eg SolidFuel, AblativeShielding) uses RocketParts when building, and evaporates when recycling.

BigNose: thanks for that. However, I think I'll move to a no-space distribution structure (but probably not for a hot-fix). Once I get an important change* in, I'll do another update.

*I had an unfortunate accident where my big crane got recycled due to the KAS cable passing through the recycle bin (the end of the cable was on the ground). I think that due to the cables passing through anything and everything, they should not trigger the recycler.

BigNose: thanks for that. However, I think I'll move to a no-space distribution structure (but probably not for a hot-fix). Once I get an important change* in, I'll do another update.

*I had an unfortunate accident where my big crane got recycled due to the KAS cable passing through the recycle bin (the end of the cable was on the ground). I think that due to the cables passing through anything and everything, they should not trigger the recycler.

Ah I see, are you going to solve this using a list of exceptions which will not be recycled?

If I might suggest, it would also be sensible to have a function checking if the part which lands in the bin has a ModuleCommand and a crew capacity of greater than 0.

If yes, check if there are any Kerbals in it.

If there aren't any, recycle.

If there are, print a warning message and don't recycle.

Mihara: The changes were encouraged by Majiir (didn't take much convincing, though). As for the parts count story, yeah: my base was okish (still small then), until I spawned a crane... ouch. However, I'm inclined to blame IR for that as my understanding of how it works says it's... less than efficient.

I also agree that magically evaporating debris is silly, but I'm not convinced that the gameplay got actually improved, if only because this requires me to have more parts on the field at any given time.

Now, if I could have a laser that I would have to point at debris for it to recycle, that would be nice...

It does not work at speeds greater than x100. Usually, with Kethane, I use about 6-12 on a ship, and run at x1000 or more. The issue is, the small one uses a 60 km range, and the one that reaches far out is so massive and large that you can't put more than 1 or 2 without making a supermassively huge probe ship. I'd bring the mass and size of the long range one down in line with the long range kethane scanners, and bring the small short range ones in line with the short range kethane scanners.

It does not work at speeds greater than x100. Usually, with Kethane, I use about 6-12 on a ship, and run at x1000 or more. The issue is, the small one uses a 60 km range, and the one that reaches far out is so massive and large that you can't put more than 1 or 2 without making a supermassively huge probe ship. I'd bring the mass and size of the long range one down in line with the long range kethane scanners, and bring the small short range ones in line with the short range kethane scanners.

Mine is two of each scanner. Being only two Kethane scanners any faster then 1000 and it tend to miss hex's.

screenshot2.png

They are intentionally large. The idea is that if you're sending up enough stuff to make a base you have the launch capacity for the large sensor.

Would be nice if it was at least a 2.5 m radius to fit nicely onto builds.

There is an attachment node that is way off to one side. Is there a way to put that attachment node on top of the stack? I'm using NovaPunch to launch may pad into space with NP fairings.

EDIT: This is in reference to the launchpad2

Edited by Eskandare
missing text

Hey, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've looked around the last fifty or so pages and not seen anything about it. Every time I add an OMD to my ship in the vab it expands to full deployed length. This would not be such an issue if I didn't hope to use fairings to make my payload resemble something aerodynamic. If anyone has ideas that could help to remedy this I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance everyone :)

Hey, sorry if this has been discussed before, but I've looked around the last fifty or so pages and not seen anything about it. Every time I add an OMD to my ship in the vab it expands to full deployed length. This would not be such an issue if I didn't hope to use fairings to make my payload resemble something aerodynamic. If anyone has ideas that could help to remedy this I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance everyone :)

I just accept it as fate denying me something useful. Could mount it on the nose of the craft, then have a really long and pointy fairing? Assuming you're using procedural fairings.

Do you have the latest Kethane? I believe Majiir fixed this bug.