The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

I don't know how you have been doing the remote vessel compilation, but if using actual parts spawned into the world has been a challenge, you might want to look at the way we did it in the Persistent Trails code's CraftLoader.

I basically make a text file out of looping through the vessel parts, getting their name, position, rotation, and then when it's rebuilt, I load just the corresponding mesh from the GameDatabase and assemble it according to the previously logged values.

Transmitting those values to the other clients should be easy enough, and then, even if the remote party is missing some parts, it's not a game breaking issue, since the rest of the vessel will still be shown.

No. This. Is. Not. Dead.

Me and WopsS have been working alot lately and we have rewritten the whole server and big part of the plugin. We just got our first succesfull connection, but that was super laggy and buggy. Awlso our new client doesnt send rotation but we are sure that we will get that working soon. We are gonna make a video too when we get some optimazing done. Stay tuned!

Cheers :) (i have always wanted to do that :))

Edited by CARROTSAREAWSOME

No. This. Is. Not. Dead.

Me and WopsS have been working alot lately and we have rewritten the whole server and big part of the plugin. We just got our first succesfull connection, but that was super laggy and buggy. Awlso our new client doesnt send rotation but we are sure that we will get that working soon. We are gonna make a video too when we get some optimazing done. Stay tuned!

Cheers :) (i have always wanted to do that :))

EDIT: Oh yes, i forgot to mention, we have our own website! Check it out!

Great, now my defibrillator's charged for nothing. Ah, well.

Seriously though, that's trucking awesome. PREPARE TO GET ALL MY F5 CLICKS!!!

Great, now my defibrillator's charged for nothing. Ah, well.

Seriously though, that's trucking awesome. PREPARE TO GET ALL MY F5 CLICKS!!!

Ahh, sorry for that, you charged your defibrillator for nothing ... So sorry ...

Cheers,

Octavian (WopsS).

Edited by WopsS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.