The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

Gettin us excited for release! When's will it be? I hope squad is watching this project once it is released.

We hope too. My and Carrots want to release it this week, the date is unknowned ... But we work hard to do the server part and some features, anyway if we release it, it will be in Pre-Alpha. With some features less... (for the moment!)

Edit: Maybe some guys, won't like the surprise ... Maybe ...

Edited by WopsS

Merry Christmas to all!

PH3jYF5.png

Sorry because we can't release L.O.G. in Christmas Eve or in Christmas day ... We working hard on it and try to fix some importants bugs. We try to release it before new year, we can't promise anything.

Me and L.O.G. team we want to wish you a happy holidays with your loved ones.

Santa has not yet appeared in some of us ... So I'm still waiting.

lH5GQCH.png

In Christmas Day, I will replay to all question in this thread :D, but no question about code (I mean, if some one want to see some parts of the plugin).

I think I understand the LOG idea, but I can see it running into some... physics consequences.

If I understand it correctly, the server keeps a "log" on what happens to all vessels since the start of the game. When you connect to the server, I assume the client downloads the log and "replays" it to get in sync with the server (as opposed to KMP which does not keep history of the past, but lets players play in different times).

You mentioned you can time warp (and this will play-through the log as well, up to your current MET timer). What happens when a player in the future transfers a vessel to lets say eve, but I transfer it to duna in my current time (his/her past)?

Are vessels that have been interacted with in the future banned from interacting with the world?

KMP and L.O.G seem to be targeting different play styles, which is why I'm interested in it, LOG seems to be a different way of solving the multiplayer problem.

I think I understand the LOG idea, but I can see it running into some... physics consequences.

If I understand it correctly, the server keeps a "log" on what happens to all vessels since the start of the game. When you connect to the server, I assume the client downloads the log and "replays" it to get in sync with the server (as opposed to KMP which does not keep history of the past, but lets players play in different times).

You mentioned you can time warp (and this will play-through the log as well, up to your current MET timer). What happens when a player in the future transfers a vessel to lets say eve, but I transfer it to duna in my current time (his/her past)?

Are vessels that have been interacted with in the future banned from interacting with the world?

KMP and L.O.G seem to be targeting different play styles, which is why I'm interested in it, LOG seems to be a different way of solving the multiplayer problem.

Yes, the server will keep all data until it is open and when it will be closed. For the moment I don't know about how to make the log, I mean to save it in each folder with player name or save it in same folder.

Client won't download the log from server, it will save own log. With sended data and received (text and maybe vessels data).

Sincerely I don't remember about the time warp. Right now it is disable now ... So, you can't warp and time will be global on server.

"Are vessels that have been interacted with in the future banned from interacting with the world?" - I don't understand it ... Sorry ...

Yes we will try to make it different as against KMP. For now we try to makeing the server, we find the bug and we try to fix it.

(We will release it in Pre-Alpha, but I'm not sure if Markus want.)

Edit: Mefi282 - "witch are both from the same vessel" what you mean? And yes you will be able play with your brother :D.

Edited by WopsS

ahhh so KMP has some competition eh :D? from what your showcase vids show us it seems that things like rover racing and atmos formation flying will be much more stable here than in in KMP (ships tend to jut all around the place).

will be watching this thread quite closely

Hey all!

After promises that we will launch L.O.G. unfortunately be disappointed this time. I'm very sorry for that, but something happened to us. No argument but for now I've temporarily stopped developing L.O.G., as my colleague Carrot.

Happy new year everybody!

*END OF THE MESSAGE*

Aw that's too bad, well I hope whatever is the matter gets resolved, you've made something promising here :)

Uhh, yes... We make some promising ... :( We will try to make something, but WE NEED DEVELOPERS. If someone know C# and want to join us please PM me. I speak with about that. If I will find some devs, we will start the work again.

Edited by WopsS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Btw, because there seems no hope for L.O.G. any more, I am working on another project (a revolutionary physics engine) at the moment which I will release a first demo of in the near future. Anybody who is intersted in that write me a PM.

Btw, because there seems no hope for L.O.G. any more, I am working on another project (a revolutionary physics engine) at the moment which I will release a first demo of in the near future. Anybody who is intersted in that write me a PM.

So L.O.G. is entirely dead? DX

I've been keeping an eye on the thread just in case anything pops up, it's good to be able to compare to each other and try to build something great.

Multiplayer is a big project, and I think it will take squad quite a while to solve all the multiplayer problems, docking with players can be fun :). We've had over 700 issues on our KMP bug tracker, but we are getting through them.

It's a little sad to see this go, but best of luck on your future projects.

I've been keeping an eye on the thread just in case anything pops up, it's good to be able to compare to each other and try to build something great.

Multiplayer is a big project, and I think it will take squad quite a while to solve all the multiplayer problems, docking with players can be fun :). We've had over 700 issues on our KMP bug tracker, but we are getting through them.

It's a little sad to see this go, but best of luck on your future projects.

Well, this. Sad to see LOG go. But on the bright side, it was already pretty much dead. What will be revolutionary about this engine?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.