Naval Battle League 2016-2018

@Spartwo yes he did but i put up a bit of a fight destroying 2 of his ships. (i ran out of weapons) @Sgt Doomball i generally dont use mods (especially weapons mods) with the execption of graphics and i dont have any naval ships right now, so i might be able to in the future, But definitly not right now.

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Spartwo yes he did but i put up a bit of a fight destroying 2 of his ships. (i ran out of weapons) @Sgt Doomball i generally dont use mods (especially weapons mods) with the execption of graphics and i dont have any naval ships right now, so i might be able to in the future, But definitly not right now.

Okay I understand.

Check out my new carrier!

zGHWpTV.jpg

I haven't even tested it's armour because it's built for a cinematic series me and some of my friends are working on. (think a cross between spiritwolf and kethane station, but less nation vs nation and more personalised) it's more focused on looks but it carries 3 EX-3 fighters.

On 21/03/2017 at 6:46 PM, MiffedStarfish said:

@Calhoun I can't speak for everyone, but as far as I can see we don't. I use 0.6m I beam tipped missiles and I have seen a few 1.25m missiles, but 2.5m is too heavy, too big and easy to target. 

Thanks, that's good to know.

@Sgt Doomball yeah I'd enjoy battling you but we'd have to do it in stock, sorry I just prefer the challenge of using the game for something it wasn't meant to. Just checking, but you do mean a space battle not a naval battle? Also depending on how long it will take you to get ready you could "reserve" (best word choice I could think of) a battle I could battle someone else. Unless you mean a few days.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@Sgt Doomball sorry i forgot to tell you you can use hyperedit (but only for getting your ships in position, not in the actual battle) but if you prefer vessel mover then that's fine. (though I don't know how well it would work in a space battle) Basically you can you can use any mods that don't add or change the characteristics of parts. I'm sorry if this is inconvenient for you, I'm just pretty paranoid of corrupting my game, as I have 2 year old main saves on it.

8 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Basically you can you can use any mods that don't add or change the characteristics of parts.

4 hours ago, Sgt Doomball said:

I'll will be only using mods that will add parts not change characteristics of the parts

@Sgt Doomball I mean no parts mods. If we have a battle with mods I will delete the mods after, and my save will not load because there are incompatible parts in the persistence folder, corrupting it. And since I've had that save for 2 years, I don't really want that to happen.

10 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

@MiffedStarfish What version of Hyper Edit are you using? Please place a link in your response so I can access it quickly. Thanks:).

Sorry don't have a link right now but the latest one for 1.2.2, I think the website is called kerbaltek.com or something like that.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

@Sgt Doomball I mean no parts mods. If we have a battle with mods I will delete the mods after, and my save will not load because there are incompatible parts in the persistence folder, corrupting it. And since I've had that save for 2 years, I don't really want that to happen.

Sorry don't have a link right now but the latest one for 1.2.2, I think the website is called kerbaltek.com or something like that.

Well, I propose a solution make your 2 years saved ships part of the stock ships and make a new save for our battle, and the website Kerbaltek is the website but it only has the version for 1.2

Spoiler

I have deleated mods that were on craft and they did not load but my save did not corrupt

@Sgt Doomball I'm sorry but I just don't like part mods.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:
  Hide contents

I have deleated mods that were on craft and they did not load but my save did not corrupt

so it's not corrupt, just unplayable? I want to have a stock battle as I find modded parts can be unbalanced and less challenging to build with, and as it says in the rules here, this is a stock thread.

16- Any mods which affect craft or persistence files are forbidden.

I have looked up the mods you want to use and it seems like you could just use the mk2 and rotated mk3 parts as alternatives without having to use mods and potentially just create a hassle that could be easily avoided.

As for hyperedit, that's the version I downloaded so it think it works for 1.2.2. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.