Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Lets stick to the original plan of Dres, Elloo, and Jool, any ship that goes beyond that excessively is out of the competition and counts as if it was dead (solar orbits are allowed i think, but if its much past dres or eeloo its a dead ship).  Transfer burns between these planets are low enough (especially if you aerobrake/grav assist in jool) that any ship here including LFO ones should be useable (especially since we clearly allow 1 support ship per person).  Fuel management should be a factor in winning, but its not exactly all that much fun when people abuse long range to basically avoid combat indefenetely (if we were to do that id just bring a light scout ship with 30K dV and be really annoying with putting that basically so close to the sun noone could reliably intercept the thing (especially if it was retrograde and or polar orbit).

I will setup in a bit, around pol as i planned before.  Just need to finish the IRSU lander system as im so not bringing a supply ship that doesnt have the ability to refuel itself as thatd be kinda stupid (unless ofc noone was allowed IRSU).  Anyways, i think IRSU should be legal, since its a considerable weight penalty on anything but the heaviest of ships.

Yup. Or if you just expanded your orbit to be ridiculously huge. Also, someone should build an artificial planet using tweakscale and welding mod, arm it, and use it as a Death Star.

Edited by ShadowGoat

10 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Lets stick to the original plan of Dres, Elloo, and Jool, any ship that goes beyond that excessively is out of the competition and counts as if it was dead (solar orbits are allowed i think, but if its much past dres or eeloo its a dead ship).  Transfer burns between these planets are low enough (especially if you aerobrake/grav assist in jool) that any ship here including LFO ones should be useable (especially since we clearly allow 1 support ship per person).  Fuel management should be a factor in winning, but its not exactly all that much fun when people abuse long range to basically avoid combat indefenetely (if we were to do that id just bring a light scout ship with 30K dV and be really annoying with putting that basically so close to the sun noone could reliably intercept the thing (especially if it was retrograde and or polar orbit).

I will setup in a bit, around pol as i planned before.  Just need to finish the IRSU lander system as im so not bringing a supply ship that doesnt have the ability to refuel itself as thatd be kinda stupid (unless ofc noone was allowed IRSU).  Anyways, i think IRSU should be legal, since its a considerable weight penalty on anything but the heaviest of ships.

@MiffedStarfish @panzer1b @Spartwo @ShadowGoat Fine. Move my ships to Dres.

Can anyone send me some really heavily armoured ships for testing?

Also, if joseph kerman dosent change his fleet to a persist I'll do my persist in while, I'm not expecting to do to well as none of my ships are the 400+ plus tons of pretty much everyone else battling.

youre that annoying hit and run guy on your team with all the decoys no one can ever find. You're basically the special ops of your team. Use your team to support you. Small ships have advantages. The only reason I'm bringing the death is because it has cluster nukes which I'm thinking can kill panzer1bs new ship, otherwise I'd bring something smaller like a bunch of voids.

Edited by ShadowGoat

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I guess, OH MY GOD I JUST HAD AN IDEA. you know when I deployed those 4 decoys and it took you ages to find the Eos? I just thought of a way to cram 17 decoys in the space of one decoy. Im going to give vall rings!

Counter Idea: Do not engage.

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I dont think there is any rule against them, they are pretty harmless, they are just used for frustrating your oppenent, hopefully to the point were he missed all his shots. :D

I dont see the issue, when i pick a target im gonna go into the tracking station, and basically look at whatever i feel may be killable by my ship (obviously if i see some monster im not gonna waste my turn shooting at it and doing jack) and they fly my ship over to it and hit it.  Its kinda hard to "hide" your ship when anyone can go into the game and take a quick glance at every ship on the battlefield anyways.

Now in real time MP i totally see this as viable and even necessary since you can deploy countermeasures in real time and you have a chance the enemy will target the wrong thing.  Doesnt do much (besides maybee annoy people and make a turn take slightly more time) so i say its fine to use (albeit pointless use of part count in turn based).  Myself i have the capability of probe spamming, but i dont see why id want to do it as noone is actually going to target those things...

Also, im 100% ready to deploy, but im still wanting to make a few minor tweaks to the weapon loadouts before i put my ships on the battlefield.  Im not gonna be that gujy that deploys last, but ill take the little more time i have (since not everyone is ready atm) to improve the torps (especially the tripedo-II, it works but its not quite as lethal as i was hoping given its mass and part count).

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.