Naval Battle League 2016-2018

1 hour ago, ShadowGoat said:

4 ships each, 500t limit.

Wait so each ship has to be under 500t? Or the total must be under 500? Because if so, I'm gonna have to put the I892's back in the hangar XD

3 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

@Spartwo @MiffedStarfish @panzer1b @dragonaether @Joseph Kerman @zekes I hereby invite you all to the first annual interplanetary battle Royale! 4 ships each, 500t limit. As many people as possible can join. You claim planets on a first come first serve basis. This could be awesome. We each start on a planet, and go out to blow up the other people's fleets. It goes in order of whoever has the lightest fleet.

I have Minmus and Dres for in universe reasons (AKS territory in my campaign, minmus primary, dres secondary if we need it to be a unique planet and not a moon)...

Also, while its 4 ships each, do you mind if i have like 2 support vessels that have no guns as part of my tonnage?  I just DO NOT have anything that is above 80t and i dont plan on since i only build up to a frigate class wise with my competitive ships, so itd be kinda fair if those slightly undertonned ships had access to 1-2 support ships that carry fuel/weapons reloads (and cannot actively participate in battle but may be targeted) to fly alongside the 4 combat vessels?  If no its not a huge deal, but i think allowing up to 2 support ships per team (provided the 4 combat + 2 support do not exceed 500t total) would be fair and would open up an interesting way to play the game (and if i dont get them ill have to be twice as badass with my maximum tonnage being like 250 :D)...

Also, i need a bit of time to finish finals and make 1-2 more vessel, since my current "regulator" class is way too lightweight even if i cram all the comp weapons onto it (~70t with every hardpoint carrying tribeams).  Ohh and are carriers allowed or just direct combat vessels?  A carrier would easily let me bring my tonnage up to your 500t max.

Edited by panzer1b

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Hey @panzer1b want to team? Also @ShadowGoat can you give us 5 or 6 ships in stead of 4, as I'm in the same situation as panzer. 

Sure, we can team if its not free for all rules wise.  Also, i sorta like the 4 ship limit (so it doesnt take 3 months to do the battles) but i really feel that support ships (clearly labeled and not allowed to engage targets at all) would be fair for such a drawn out battle and since we are going to be dealing with interplanetary stuff i do fully intend to have a support ship with IRSU lander (if that is legal).  Most of my ships are designed for ~2000-2500 dV, and having access to a pure fuel barge would be kinda beneficial to this.

Actually i just thought of something that might be a good idea to include.  Have each team get access to a space station around their start planet.  TO make it more interesting lets make the station be our only source of weapons reloads (so ships need to eventually return to base for that purpose if they ever run dry), and only allow the support ships to carry fuel (or act as tugs for damaged vessels).

Umm, No you can't, what do think engines are for? You can only cheat to get to the starting orbits.

I remember a while back someone saying use the F-12 menu to get a rendezvous

I think that might have been me and shadowgoat In our after battle capital ship spam fest, where the actual battle was over and it didn't matter.

Well when going from planet-to-planet, I'm using F12. 

Also, what's the turn order going to go? I call last spot 

Why? You have nukes, the burns wouldn't even be too tedious. Actually, expanding on @panzer1bs idea, we could all have transfer ships to cart our heavy warships back and forth between systems. It would also add strategy because you could only have one, limiting operations from sending all your ships to one planet.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Why? You have nukes, the burns wouldn't even be too tedious. Actually, expanding on @panzer1bs idea, we could all have transfer ships to cart our heavy warships back and forth between systems. It would also add strategy because you could only have one, limiting operations from sending all your ships to one planet.

When did I say I had nukes

Your I892 had nukes and vectors, if I remember correctly. And if your building bigger ships, then it makes sense to keep that configuration.

oooooooohhhhhh. Well my schedules tighter than a rubber band wound up 50 times, so I have literally no time to burn for 15 minutes. Combined with my terrible dictionary of orbital mechanics, that's just begging for disaster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.