Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Just now, ShadowGoat said:

how about with transfer ships only heavy warships of over 120t can move interplanetary without a transfer ship.

wait so ships under 120 have to use a transfer ship, while shirt over 120 use their own power?

2 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

nope!

One compromise might be to increase engine thrust, it wouldn't change a thing with regards to range or fairness, it would just take less time to burn.

PS - by changing engine thrust I mean going into parts config.

Edited by AlexanderTeaH

1 minute ago, AlexanderTeaH said:

One compromise might be to increase engine thrust, it wouldn't change a thing with regards to range or fairness, it would just take less time to burn.

PS - by changing engine thrust I mean going into parts config.

oooohhhh.... that's........ is that legal?

If time is a concern (and i really dont want to allow alt-f12 menu to warp ships as thatll be super lame and would render the skill of fuel management to be worthless), why dont we do something like this but in the jool system.  Everyone can establish on one of the moons, and once we are out of moons people can start to deploy around jool with various orbital heights and or have multiple people in team establish on same place.  Id like to have Pol if we do this (its so pretty, that planet has this nice yellow fog everywhere).  What do you think @ShadowGoat, is that reasonable so that burns do not take excessively long especially for the few of us that arent experienced with interplanetary long distance transfers or simply dont have time to do an interplanetary burn?

Also, i think ive thought of a good rule for teh support mechanic.  One immobile station where weapons and fuel may be stored.  And one support ship that is allowed to tow vessels that have been heavily damaged and may only carry fuel onboard.  Total mass of these 2 are added to your total mass of up to 500t.  This way is actually quite fair, you have the potential to have just 4 massive ships that have everything they need internally but arent as fuel efficient and when they run dry they are stuck, or you can choose to have a station near your start point or a supply ship that can make you more fuel efficient but not allow for excessively long missions for any ship.  Might also be interesting to allow the "space station" to be a land facility, but i think keeping it in space makes it far easier to engage it should a player decide to go after the enemy logistics instead of their ships at the start (although the loss condition is entirely dependent on the 4 combat vessels and irrelvant of what happens to the support ships).

Of course an argument could be made that it takes some skill to pull off multiple burns at the right point when trying to achieve escape velocity around a body of sorts, especially when using ions, and it's a matter of how efficient you are and how well you can perform, which is why I'd say it isn't strictly legal unless everyone agreed upon it.

One more rule that should be added:

each person may only be attacked twice before everyone's turn is up.  just to keep people from decimating any one player right out the start.  Itd really really suck to be that one guy that happens to have their turn last and have 4 others hit each ship...

Edited by panzer1b

Just now, AlexanderTeaH said:

Be careful not to knock things down into Bop when fighting around it. :sticktongue:

There is arule against accidentally knocking ships into impact trajectories btw.  Also, just to be nice to the peron, if you do knock a ship excessively and its still capable of moving at all afterwards, please take the time to take control of it and fly it into stable orbit...

2 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

One more rule that should be added:

each person may only be attacked twice before everyone's turn is up.  just to keep people from decimating any one player right out the start.  Itd really really suck to be that one guy that happens to have their turn last and have 4 others hit each ship...

I think once a person's attacked once, they can't be attacked again

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

I think once a person's attacked once, they can't be attacked again

Thats fair actually, so everyone gets a chance to move their ship and no 2 turn knockouts right off teh start, i support this...

Just now, AlexanderTeaH said:

But that severely limits how people can attack, especially for the last player.

Everyone has been attacked by the last player so they can pick anyone basically...

Although i think limiting it to 2 attacks to any player per circle would be acceptable, more tactical options as high threat players can be targeted strategically, but at the same time noone gets wiped out too quickly to do anything...

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.