Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Just now, Joseph Kerman said:

That is outdated. I now have 4 under 500t

Ah... Strike that.

Also, because I've still not got any ships ready, (KSP Keeps crashing like.... actually, I'm probably going to get warned by a mod so never mind) @ShadowGoat and @Spartwo, you said you would loan me some ships?

1 hour ago, Frozen_Heart said:

Been trying to build something like that for years and just couldn't. Fuel balance always shifted too much.

The Co-21C could hover at a certain fuel load but not through its entire range.

Edit: Huh a pic survives:

1 hour ago, ShadowGoat said:

The trick is you add enough sas to keep it stable always.

No, actually the trick is to just evenly distribute fuel load over the craft. empty COM should be the same as full COM. It's not perrfect on my ship but it's close. The missiles stow center, the fuel drains fore and aft, and enough RCS to kill a planet.

COM is so good on this ship I can burn 100% power at any fuel level and not flip. 

The current VTOL layout is with aerospikes, which means no gimbal at all.

Edited by zekes

35 minutes ago, zekes said:

No, actually the trick is to just evenly distribute fuel load over the craft. empty COM should be the same as full COM. It's not perrfect on my ship but it's close. The missiles stow center, the fuel drains fore and aft, and enough RCS to kill a planet.

COM is so good on this ship I can burn 100% power at any fuel level and not flip. 

The current VTOL layout is with aerospikes, which means no gimbal at all.

Hmm i last tried when fuel drained in a very odd order through fuel lines, which meant that even if they lined up the front would drain before the back.

Might be worth having another go now with the reworked fuel logic. And i agree the aerospikes are best due to their short profile.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.