Naval Battle League 2016-2018

I do all my testing around Kerbin, and all my ships have easily enough fuel for several rendezvouses, but I prefer lower gravity worlds to minimise burn times, as eve and the larger planets are very tedious when ship has a mass-to-ion ratio of Five tons.

“2 task forces were sent to Ike in response to the sighting of a fleet headed by Eos-class subcapital ships. One task force kept in a high-energy state so less delta-v would be needed, and had less range. The more maneuverable task force took a lower orbit. This was the first test of the aging Pico-class subcapital ship in a long time, which had been aided by iterative design concepts. The fleets were prepared to prevent an aggressive action from the other fleet sent to Ike, and we hope no conflict occurs."

Fleet in Position

Edited by Alphasus

Detecting the hostile force around Ike, the EX-9 Eos piloted by Labal Kerman moved into engage the Pico SM3 Breeze.

Ef23ZiB.jpg

Making two quick rendevous burns, The Stealth gunship Moved in on the Sub-Capital ship.

104KEJQ.png

Discovering a fuel routing error, Labal realises that the fuel cells were draining from the missile, instead of the tanks.

lzVlljb.png

Deciding to firing it anyway, the missile only accelerates to about three quarters of optimal speed.

PZ9SfoU.jpg

It impacted down the front, destroying the three missiles and the engine section, leaving it incapable of any hostile action.

qnOh0sP.jpg

hS3GAQZ.png

TQNfFCV.png

After triple checking the Breeze's demise, Labal went for a nap.

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/esunw550e3to8fl/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Fired 1 missile, stripped off some composite plating. Fired a 2nd missile, clipped inside and dislodged some stability. Pilot killed. Fired a 3rd missile, more instability, no missiles. Crashing into Ike, burned prograde to try to save it. Not enough electric charge to sustain a burn prograde, hyper-edited to 38km circular. Recircularized the Dawn at a higher altitude.

Turn 2 Complete

Edited by Alphasus

4 hours ago, Alphasus said:

Fired 1 missile, stripped off some composite plating. Fired a 2nd missile, clipped inside and dislodged some stability. Pilot killed. Fired a 3rd missile, more instability, no missiles. Crashing into Ike, burned prograde to try to save it. Not enough electric charge to sustain a burn prograde, hyper-edited to 38km circular. Recircularized the Dawn at a higher altitude.

Turn 2 Complete

Ok, mixed feelings. One hand, 2 of your ships now cannot make a hostile action, while only one of mine can't, but on the other hand, Nooo! Those EX-9s cost, you know! That's going to hurt my budget.

47 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ok, mixed feelings. One hand, 2 of your ships now cannot make a hostile action, while only one of mine can't, but on the other hand, Nooo! Those EX-9s cost, you know! That's going to hurt my budget.

Yeah, but I have an extra ship on you. Also, I can outrange you in an unarmed 1v1 which lead to an interesting stalemate condition.

@Alphasus I have a concept for a missile that will hopefully bring mass devastation. Instead of firing 3 separate missiles/torpedoes, the single missile holds 16 smaller I-beam rockets that I will stage within 600m or less. If that missile doesn't kill ScriptKitt3h, the missile is useless.

RDvngbS.png

Randomly generated but somehow got Alpha and Miffled together. Will swap with frozen or others if they're not up for it. I like this 8 competitor bracket.

Edited by Spartwo

14 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

RDvngbS.png

Randomly generated but somehow got Alpha and Miffled together. Will swap with frozen or others if they're not up for it. I like this 8 competitor bracket.

That's fine. My missiles will be redone by the time of the tournament. Also I'll have some fighters :)

Edited by Alphasus

1 hour ago, Spartwo said:

I thought you'd already started or are you in a leagued match?

This isn't a league match. We would just have a 2nd one. I need new missiles and fighters to optimize my ships.

6 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

Seriously can we rebracket it so I'm no longer fighting panzer? I haven't seen him in a while

Im here...

I just fixed my ships so i think i can battle now (and if i loose so what, its not like any of the ships have been fully tested so yeah).

Ill setup tomorra when i have a bit of time (been busy trying to get a microcontroller to bloody work right for last 2 days irl).  I have 1 ~70t and 1 ~150t, i think my fleet will be 3 70t and 1 150t, so total of ~450-470t.  Im not picky so if you 10-20t over or under i dont mind.  If you dont have 4 ships to fight at that weight range i can always use one of my outdated ships, but most of them would require a refit weapons wise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.