Naval Battle League 2016-2018

It still is, that's the title, not royale. I can bring a few tanks out of retirement if you want a go. Also back in your day it was club but people kept thinking there was an applications process.

Edited by Spartwo

13 hours ago, Jon144 said:

I'm surprised that you guys are still up at this. I haven't posted here for several years.

Are any of you still interested in stock tank battles/building?

I'd be interested. Sounds like a great idea. Got a light tank that could do some battling. Working on making a good air to surface missile too, so maybe we could expand it to airstrikes as well. 

After some upgrades and testing, my fleet is ready for 1.3.  I've upgraded my 10 ton fighter, 35 ton corvette, 75 ton destroyer, and 105 ton cruiser.  I'd be willing to participate if anyone is still up for a space battle.  My land and sea combat vehicles are even older and I probably need to start from scratch.

As a side note, I've been looking at this thread and while people have shown pictures of giant heavy ships, they don't seem to be common in actual battles.  Are they more useful now, or is it still much better to have 2 small ships than one big one?  I have this half finished ship that will probably end up around 200 tons:

NMcyzvw.png

Just wondering if it would be useful for anything besides going up against @Joseph Kerman's similarly giant ships...

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

<snaps head around>

Would you be up for a sea battle? I only have my 2 types of ships, which you have seen in my challenge, but I'm working on some more.

3 minutes ago, sdj64 said:

...are even older and I probably need to start from scratch

I had two combat ships, but that was before even KSP 1.0.  With the changes to aero and hydrodynamics, and how collisions are handled, they probably wouldn't function in modern KSP.

6 hours ago, sdj64 said:

I have this half finished ship that will probably end up around 200 tons:

Just wondering if it would be useful for anything besides going up against @Joseph Kerman's similarly giant ships...

Well i'm gonna try making a supercapital for my fleet that should be combat-ready. 120-150 tons and 250 parts assuming my current part/weight ratios scale. With alien alloy armor i could scale even bigger.

All this is conceptual right now, but should be done in the next week. Would love to have a mega-scale battle with you or someone else in the future.

Edited by quasarrgames
how it it possible to spell conceptual that wrong

1 hour ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

It's 4am here. I have no bed and my PC is propped up on a cardboard box stand but hot dang. I'm finding year old designs that are still effective and I completely forgot I had them.

<snip>

I should probably try to sleep but I can't sleep on concrete...

Wait... what?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.