Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Sadly, no, not yet. As you can see by the last picture, I have an unhealthy habit of constantly trying to over-engineer my weapons to make them as unfair to fight against as possible, and have thus far found no need for medium-large ships which can carry a heftier arsenal, since usually, one hit will be enough :wink:

But just in case you still want to fight me, and would prefer me to use a larger ship, the only other possibility would be for me to use my cruiser:

Warning: I take the classification of "cruiser" very lightly. This piece of garbage is almost 900 parts, with most of it going into struts and needlessly complex torpedoes. Viewer discretion is advised.

Edited by Abraxis

I was actually talking to Spartwo earlier about the fairing warheads. Sadly my design doctrine refuses me to use them. It's too easy to me, I like seeing the over engineered designs I've come up with. Let me finish the armoring on the United Kingdom and I'll throw out a fight. Would you rather do the battle by tonnage or ship class?

1 minute ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

I was actually talking to Spartwo earlier about the fairing warheads. Sadly my design doctrine refuses me to use them. It's too easy to me, I like seeing the over engineered designs I've come up with. Let me finish the armoring on the United Kingdom and I'll throw out a fight. Would you rather do the battle by tonnage or ship class?

Hey, I heard that you can "forge" armor by making sure most armor plates are connected to the root part. @Abraxis told me.

I can battle either way, but personally prefer to do so by ship tonnage, as I find that ship classification varies wildly amongst different players. Another interesting point that I found out during my testing runs, is that, in contrast to what one might expect, fairing-based missiles actually don't perform better than regular ones. As contradictory as that might seem, one must take into account that, while the fairing itself may be indestructible, the cylindrical part which it resides on, however, is not, and usually, the shockwave received from impacting with an enemy ship, is enough to cause that cylinder to collide with the part behind it, destroying it, and the fairing warhead as well. I, personally, use fairings to make my missiles seem more appealing, as well as to give them an actual "missile-like" look. 

Only when the fairing is sufficiently far enough from its base, do the invulnerability effects become visible (AKA Fairing armor), but when used on missiles, however, the fairing is, most of the time, too short to be able to manage to do serious damage, and in the cases when it does, the injury can be explained by other factors, such as designing the ship with a relatively weak fuel tank for its spine.

And yes, I wrote a simple script which will re-route all part connections to the core, meaning that you cannot fracture or crack the ship in half, since, without destroying the core, any part remaining will still be connected.

Note: this is complete, 100% stock. Running this program would be identical to manually placing every part on the core, then offsetting it into place along the hull, except that, in my case, it would take much, much less time and effort.

Edited by Abraxis

Although it is not the best of designs, I can more or less guarantee that it can withstand at least one shot.

Persist file:
https://mega.nz/#!Ij5yWKAZ!xjbEEondcivfAg1qsUtj2vpjjeg4_oGIIkiu50PgbaM 

Cruiser craft file:
https://mega.nz/#!E7hQmQKC!glOdOt6RqclAlbthMZrhnvfH19tKKU4PtgVmFnZJKJM 

Due to the tremendous amount of parts it has, here is a smaller, less intensive vehicle which, much like the cruiser, also incorporates the forging technique. Feel free to disassemble both crafts and their respective weaponry if you so wish:
https://mega.nz/#!5uhnVBxD!xPKbhdcyZ7QZFXbRjou5TEO746bt5m_7-iggZd0UIxM 

Edited by Abraxis

1 hour ago, Abraxis said:

Although it is not the best of designs, I can more or less guarantee that it can withstand at least one shot.

Persist file:
https://mega.nz/#!Ij5yWKAZ!xjbEEondcivfAg1qsUtj2vpjjeg4_oGIIkiu50PgbaM 

Cruiser craft file:
https://mega.nz/#!E7hQmQKC!glOdOt6RqclAlbthMZrhnvfH19tKKU4PtgVmFnZJKJM 

Due to the tremendous amount of parts it has, here is a smaller, less intensive vehicle which, much like the cruiser, also incorporates the forging technique. Feel free to disassemble both crafts and their respective weaponry if you so wish:
https://mega.nz/#!5uhnVBxD!xPKbhdcyZ7QZFXbRjou5TEO746bt5m_7-iggZd0UIxM 

Actually it isn't a lot of parts. I was digging through my old missile designs. I've already found flaws in the armor design such as long projectiles. Thank you

1 hour ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

Actually it isn't a lot of parts. I was digging through my old missile designs. I've already found flaws in the armor design such as long projectiles. Thank you

I have a long missile! The first ever made, the Javelin First-Generation Missile.

1 hour ago, ShadowGoat said:

No. He was saying long missiles are bad. Just a question. Are you older than 10?

13 y/o. And his sentence didn't say anything negative about the missile:

8 hours ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

I assume this means long missiles work well in well-armoured ships, @Canberra_Gaming?

Finally, a battleship I made that cannot be 1-hit-KO'ed. Named the SB-11 Dauntless Light Corvette, it withstood a hit from @MiffedStarfish's G4-H Torpedo and still had half fuel left, along with control and missiles. It can also go unscathed from shots of the G3 Torpedo, even a direct hit cannot break the hull (though a frontal collision breaks a probe core {which has 2} and some fuel).