37 minutes ago, Spearka said:

Roger that, here are two fighters that are supposed to engage in different ways

Thassa Fighter

Larger, more arnaments; suited for dogfighting

Zarek Interceptor

Smaller, faster, able to destroy incoming missiles, suited for hit-and-run ops

I'll check both of 'em out, and perhaps pit them against this bad boy:

bE9eN26.png

The ATS-FX06 Valkyrie (basically the airborne "companion" to my Super Valkyrie SSF stock starfighter). Comes in stock and BDA flavors, and the BDA version is laser-equipped (plus twin vulcans and an assortment of various missiles). I think I've perfected the design style that began with my Banshee, Polaris, and Talon designs and now has led to this KSP superfighter (yes, they're all somewhat Ace Combat-inspired).

The Valk is capable of easily breaking mach 1 on dry mode alone (without munitions, but weighing in just shy of 20 mT), and the armed version is extremely fast for a heavily armed, supermaneuverable jet fighter. 

At this rate, I might release it independently of that fighter jet pack I posted recently.

14 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

"snippity"

I hate to be that guy but I decided to completely rework the Thassa to be more awesome-looking and befitting to the thingy its named afterWoQYGTT.png

Performance-wise it's still quite similar, still retains the 50.cal arnaments, quad Vulcans and 8 missiles; I ditched the ECM jammers and Mavericks as the former used up too much charge and the latter was too inefficient; otherwise it still functions amazingly, it can reach Mach 1 unloaded just like yours, it can turn completely about at 55m/s or lower and is technically STOL (landing VTOL may be possible but you'd have to be super-experienced). The Thassa can be fitted for Ground assault without too much trouble as well.

The Download Link works as before but here's Another one for good measure

13 hours ago, max_creative said:

But will it defeat my stock cruise missiles? They turn fast, launch fast, blow up fast, and are stock. I managed to blow up an aeris 3A in mid air today.

Having all those turrets makes it a tad bit OP- it's kinda hard to fight something that's tracking you with gunfire the whole way.

I took some time to test the Thassa myself in multiple air combat scenarios, it's quite hard to approach it without immediately getting missile warnings, you can end up shredded by the vulcans trying to get at it head on and trying to tail it somehow ends up with 50.Cal fire. It is also able to survive one engine down and somehow the AI can even manage to fly it even if an entire half is destroyed

Da5tard.png

EDIT: 28 minutes later the craft, still somehow flying well ran out of fuel and crashed, so I'd call it a success on durability; not so sure on range though

Edited by Spearka

1 hour ago, AlexanderTeaH said:

Because screw armor.

zWeg5si.png

Armor's not as good as it used to be, no doubt about it, but it's still something. Last time I fought a set of unarmored targets, well...

Cyw2xN9.png

fErAth2.png

'Nuff said. :P However, I'm likely going to have to do yet another cull of my older designs come 1.1 stable releasing, since there's always something deprecated in a major update.

27 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Armor's not as good as it used to be, no doubt about it, but it's still something. Last time I fought a set of unarmored targets, well...

Nuff said. :P However, I'm likely going to have to do yet another cull of my older designs come 1.1 stable releasing, since there's always something deprecated in a major update.

Crap, I might have to modernise/replace some of my designs too; shame though, I grew quite attached to them

That being said, how were the tests/matches of your fighters going against mine? is it fine? too under/overpowered?

The Magrathea I

With the return of me, I decided to make this lil' carrier. It still needs things to carry and small missiles to fill its two ports, but I'm hopeful that one of you guys here will be happy to test this this thing. Right now it has just under 3km/s, 6 small interior docking ports, 2 medium exterior docking ports and one interior medium docking port. Not sure how far this thing will go with a load of fighters but whatever. If you test it please use some fighters to fill it so I know how it goes with fighters. If you get the reference in this things name then congrats.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o55r8pv2hu5vdcj/Magrathea%20I.craft?dl=0 <- Download

(It also has an ore tank)

Edited by Sharkman Briton

2 hours ago, Sharkman Briton said:

The Magrathea I

With the return of me, I decided to make this lil' carrier. It still needs things to carry and small missiles to fill its two ports, but I'm hopeful that one of you guys here will be happy to test this this thing. Right now it has just under 3km/s, 6 small interior docking ports, 2 medium exterior docking ports and one interior medium docking port. Not sure how far this thing will go with a load of fighters but whatever. If you test it please use some fighters to fill it so I know how it goes with fighters. If you get the reference in this things name then congrats.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o55r8pv2hu5vdcj/Magrathea%20I.craft?dl=0 <- Download

(It also has an ore tank)

My estimate would be about 2km/s delta vee. Those medium docking ports can handle about 15 ton fighters, and smalls can do maybe 7.5, so you are adding about 1/3 of the current weight to the ship again. 2000 thusly.

Edited by Alphasus

19 hours ago, Alphasus said:

My estimate would be about 2km/s delta vee. Those medium docking ports can handle about 15 ton fighters, and smalls can do maybe 7.5, so you are adding about 1/3 of the current weight to the ship again. 2000 thusly.

Okay good, wanna test it against one of your ships? Put in whatever fighters are necessary if so. :D

btw how do i give rep

Edited by Sharkman Briton

3 hours ago, Sharkman Briton said:

Okay good, wanna test it against one of your ships? Put in whatever fighters are necessary if so. :D

btw how do i give rep

It is a like button now, in the lower right of a post. You might like to see some of my developments and refinements of Posterus, which is now the Centurion line of ships.

Edited by Alphasus

2 minutes ago, AlexanderTeaH said:

I suppose I could, I've got a pretty fast internet connection.

Ermagherd imagine real-time space battles. Finally ships having lots of DV will be useful! SSTO interceptors will be important and actually moving tanks a necessity! 

3 hours ago, Sharkman Briton said:

Hey could anyone here make a Naval Battle Club server for DarkMultiPlayer when it updates?

Someone likely could- the issue is that the current way MP is handled (having to timesync and all that) really doesn't work well for combat. However, depending on how SQUAD may or may not handle MP at some point in the future, who knows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.