Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Does anyone know the collision rules which dictate which part is exploded in a collision? I'm having trouble with my target's internals destroying my projectile even though there's a significant difference in the impact tolerances. I've had this issue on a range of incidence velocities, from 100 to 300 m/s. Below there I can't get any kind of reliable component kills either way.

Anyone who wants, fight me. Do we have to have a download for the other side for the saves to work or can we just save and shoot? I just wanna know, I'm kind of lazy :P Thanks to Spartwo's vids on shipbuilding, wouldn't be doing this otherwise :D

And I made a less formal shoot each other turn by turn combat thing that basically has ONE player with the other's ships fighting them for the other player.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168471-space-combat-challenge-make-spaceships-and-fight-them-with-other-players-ships/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-3244821

2 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Good news, I am on the process of making a ship. However, it is too small for meaningful battles, and so I need to borrow some ships.

I’m fairly certain I have your SB-1 and 2 ships, (can’t rememeber what gen they were) but I’ll link you them just in case when I’m at my computer. And a ship is never too small! :)

2 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

3rd Generation.

They will not fare well against the railgun unless I get lucky at it phases through.

You’re practically guaranteed to get lucky at 2km/s, I’d say. Depending on the machine, phasing starts between around 300-700m/s. I just had an idea to get round that though...

37 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

You’re practically guaranteed to get lucky at 2km/s, I’d say. Depending on the machine, phasing starts between around 300-700m/s. I just had an idea to get round that though...

I got a new ship now. Light and quick.

zmYPMRG.png

Minuteman Class Light Frigate

Hmmmmm.... Slight problem with the gun. The projectile has this issue where the speed the gun shoots it at ISNT enough to completely reverse its orbit but instead send it very sharply down. So basically the orbit changes so much that it missed from 150 meters at 2 km/s I'm going to have to try and use this thing while aimed prograde to see if it's more practical then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.