Naval Battle League 2016-2018

12 minutes ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

I might as well leave a progress update on the Vindicator Mk-VI as well as a relevant post.

ET3XguD.png

IH3xi9i.png

B7rMvEA.png

HOLY MOHO THAT'S A BIG SHIP!!! 

I want one so I can do weapon tests on it learn and study it to improve my own designs

Edited by max_creative

1 minute ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

It's based a bit off of the Halcyon Class from the Halo Universe. It's a light warship to my standards. It's gone through so many upgrades since the MK-I

hspubgr.jpg

WfrNlRA.png

xrJNsfr.png

My warships (or at least the ones that actually work) are modified interplanetary ships. They are super annoying and literally take 3 minutes to turn, but they work. Sorta. I like the idea of the command pod on the bottom instead of the top or front. And the ore scanner placement.

Just now, max_creative said:

My warships (or at least the ones that actually work) are modified interplanetary ships. They are super annoying and literally take 3 minutes to turn, but they work. Sorta. I like the idea of the command pod on the bottom instead of the top or front. And the ore scanner placement.

This is actually the first variant of the ship. My first experimentation with large ships past the Attila.

xmxWcaG.png

Back before I mounted the Ions to get 6km/s of D/v

Here's the Attila.

7nqZXXT.png

3 minutes ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

This is actually the first variant of the ship. My first experimentation with large ships past the Attila.

xmxWcaG.png

Back before I mounted the Ions to get 6km/s of D/v

Here's the Attila.

7nqZXXT.png

WHAT IS THAT?!? That's huge! Although the imagination is about the same length. Just less cool looking.

My strategy for orbital rendezvous is get a meeting point with 1 km, then come flying in really fast and try not to hit them. Seriously, I had an old satilte I was testing on, and I came in fast and blasted it. Probably like coming out of hyperspace right next to Starkiller Base. T-14 MINUTES TO 1.1!!!

13 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

I've been working on my ships a tad bit- I might be ready to battle someone this weekend, once I square away a thing or two.

Sure! I hope you're prepared! I'm going to go flying by really fast, then suddenly slow down and shoot you! Have fun trying to hit a target moving at 400 m/s!

10 hours ago, max_creative said:

Sure! I hope you're prepared! I'm going to go flying by really fast, then suddenly slow down and shoot you! Have fun trying to hit a target moving at 400 m/s!

I'm talking about traditional turn-based stuff, max. Not DMP.

Well, just finished modding KIS to function as i want it to...

Repairable ships are best ships.  Now that i made KIS work with old saves (or at least not require you to use any tools to attach/detach parts), i can actually repair everything as needed.  Too bad i cant quite get the ship to look the same as it did initially, and no offset gizmo with KIS (that would be amazing).  Finally able to make pirate vessels the way they are supposed to be made, from scrap metal found in old battlefields!

9 hours ago, Servo said:

Here's my new Neptune-class. Heavy armor and armament. It took three hits for me to destroy (RT-5 rounds + the tirepedoes), but I'd like to see what some more advanced weaponry can do.

X1odko8.png

https://kerbalx.com/servo/D-54-Neptune-class-Destroyer

I found an effective weak spot with my Orion Class pocket missiles. Center of mass (Which is every ship here)

UUkNrre.png

Th3LvIV.png

Most shots gutted the engines and command. However the hull withstood the one shot test pretty well. My missiles are designed to gut ships though so it's a rather unfair comparison.

23 minutes ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

I found an effective weak spot with my Orion Class pocket missiles. Center of mass (Which is every ship here)

Most shots gutted the engines and command. However the hull withstood the one shot test pretty well. My missiles are designed to gut ships though so it's a rather unfair comparison.

What sort of missiles are you using? (RT-5, LFO, what sort of tip, etc), plus what sort of tips do you have for stopping them. Also, what do you thing of the armament? The .625m rounds on that have been pretty effective in my experience as armor-piercers, but I'd like to see what somebody with a bit more experience thinks.

19 minutes ago, Servo said:

What sort of missiles are you using? (RT-5, LFO, what sort of tip, etc), plus what sort of tips do you have for stopping them. Also, what do you thing of the armament? The .625m rounds on that have been pretty effective in my experience as armor-piercers, but I'd like to see what somebody with a bit more experience thinks.

I use RT-10's with a whole lot of Oscar-B's and I-Beams on the end. Not the most effective, but when you shoot 4 of them when suddenly appearing right in there face by getting a 0.2 km intercept.

Finally made a new ship that actually BEATS my old 0.90 designed SK-CRV-Ig4.  Given that i restarted development at 1.1, im going to call the new ship the SK-CRV-Ig5 (despite the fact that i had up to a Ig9 before, old ones were so lousy might as well dump em all and start again).  New armor layout is amazing, only way to really kill it is to either fire salvo after salvo of ibeams into one area (and hope to destroy the core that way), or directly hit and get lucky enough that the round clips into and interacts with the spine if its a guided missile/high end weapon.  Most stuff just phases thru entirely not caring about the ship.

KUDlz5I.png

Armed with the usual 5 HSG hardoints, in this case equipped with a SRM-6M, 2 Tripedo-S, and 2 LRM-3S launchers.

Apparently armor becomes stronger the less clipping, thsi ship is made with 0 clipped parts (with teh exception of the probe cores embedded in the skeleton and 1 fuel tank which i had no choice with due to design limitations), and because of that it holds up to fire far better then my old fleet which was not only built with tons of clipping, but relied on the "no offset limits" plugin which also seems to have killed off armor protection.  Hull is not only devoid of clipping or offset abuse, but super modular, can be reconfigured (in the field now thanks to KIS) to use internally mounted heavy torpedoes like the older generation of ships i have that was heavily inspired by the old macey dean "vanguard" battlecruiser (not that id ever do that as it kills both fuel capacity and ruins armor protection).

Edited by panzer1b

22 minutes ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

And the D-bag of old designs is back to beat yet another dead horse.

Actually Zeke's ships were (and to some extent still are) quite good.  The 12P is still something i use to perfect weaponry, given that its bloody tough luckshots aside (once split it with 2 sepatron+short ibeam missile but only once).  Ofc it does die, but considering how old that build is, im very impressed that to this day it is viable even if the part count makes it fall out the door if you are looking at efficiency (i have some 150 part and 60 ton hulls that arent much worse then that monster vs single shots).

Too bad recent ships were kinda lousy in the armor department, the jiji and kenji dreks are cannon fodder imo (and lack agility to add insult to injury).  There is a very good reason i avoid fuel tank clipping like the plague, hell, i avoid clipping PERIOD unless i have no choice due to design restrictions (mostly a concern with very minimalistic ships where i cant afford not to clip some).  You need to stay away from clipping, and also watch for the weakspot where the gun barrel meets the rest of the hull.  The barrel itself is sturdy (assuming its not some super powered missile), and so is the rest of teh hull, but firing at the joint (or even a bit farther back near where teh cockpit is located) seems to cause catastrofic damage at least 50% of teh time with medium sized missiles.

keep it up zekes, and dont let anyone discourage you :), your ships are still very powerful despite being ancient compared to most of us...

18 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

-snip-

Yeah, I realize they're incredibly ancient- the Turtle H is built off the amazingly 2 and a half year old Drekevak XIV with a year old "XII" Variant, and a bunch of smaller fuel tanks squished in between the armor. It's a tough nut but range is lacking. The Drek 30 is a good 2 years old as well (coming out sometime in mid 2014), though I've recently rebuilt the interior to accommodate fuel, it now has the best range of any ship in the fleet. I'm working on a new 50 ton ship to replace the sadly lost Mini Drek 1H, but that's also terrible on range and underpowered in all aspects. 

I know I'm beating a dead horse with the some 30 versions of the same ship but starting over keeps producing terrible results for any craft I build, And yeah Kenji and Jiji were great in terms of range but they really lacked protection. The seemed to work when I released them but I guess I misjudged armor capacity greatly. 

So TL;DR My ships are ancient but the new ones I build are just plain worse, so updating the old ones is still a viable choice. I've no idea how they will fare in combat now though, my last battle was almost a year ago.

rfWH694.jpg

On 4/23/2016 at 10:22 PM, Canberra_Gaming said:

Alpha Care for a rematch? Time to finish that battle we never finished.

@Alphasus

Sure. I only have one weight class of ship, so I may need to borrow from others. Give me maybe 12 hours, so I can install my new CPU.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.