Naval Battle League 2016-2018

2 hours ago, Servo said:

I feel like I am obligated to whine about the fact that your ships don't have pilots...

Not too much to report (I don't feel like making an imgur album for it.)

The Oberon rendezvoused with Destiny and took two potshots at it with the annihilator, punching a hole clean through it, but doing little in the way of real damage. The missiles malfunctioned, so I could have gotten another shot, but I doubt it would have done more than save you delta-V. The Oberon moved to a higher orbit of Duna to stand watch on the deteriorating situation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv3fe0m23ulipu3/Servo%20vs%20Alphasus%20%232.sfs?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3IvrPbGhZWFa214SGxUemZBRTg

@Servo

Ganymede is declawed, with only one missile from the Time. Time still has half firepower, Fate has been eaten by the Kraken, and Destiny has half firepower. Puck is unarmed, Ganymede is unarmed, and Oberon has 1 shipkiller left. All your ships also have their small arms.

Edited by Alphasus

27 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3IvrPbGhZWFa214SGxUemZBRTg

@Servo

Ganymede is declawed, with only one missile from the Time. Time still has half firepower, Fate has been eaten by the Kraken, and Destiny has half firepower. Puck is unarmed, Ganymede is unarmed, and Oberon has 1 shipkiller left. All your ships also have their small arms.

I think you should be able to do some damage servo with those secondary weapons of yours...

Y9c9M4y.png

This is what a SINGLE shot from a SRM-6M does 90% of the time to Alphasus's newest ship, instant kill if you hit the center of the ship with a projectile from the top/bottom (the thin sides).  Try to aim for impact velocity of 200, much higher and you will probably pass through doing no damage (it seems that impact velocties abobe 300m/s are actually detrimental against anything that isnt excessively thick hull, for super thin hulls go for 150-200 max).  Your anti-fighter weapons should have similar punch to the SRM-6M's rounds, just make sure you are perfectly lined up and attack from above/below, perhaps one will split the target apart instantly.

Keep fighting, best victories come out of what appears to be hopeless!

5 hours ago, Servo said:

That's strange... I didn't do anything to it other than toggle to it to look at your design.

My original save, A Crippled Puck, has it fully intact. After I toggled only probe visibility, it wasn't there(the most recent save). Could you retake your turn and shoot the Destiny? It actually works in both of our favors, because Fate exists, and your missiles won't fail this time. Maybe Destiny will also die?

Edited by Alphasus
Made a correction for accuracy.

Well i just made a new starfighter!

Its actually got solid TWR for a ion based ship with its 9 Ion-W engines pushing 12t, (9 without the SRM-6M).  Very pleasant to fly, has RCS for docking (and a claw on the arsee), and well it has the same primary weapon all my capitals carry (1 SRM-6M) giving it enough firepower to obliterate almost every capital ship, and failing that at the minimum neuter its engines/weapons.Q4K8HaX.png

Sadly part count is not a strong point at 108 parts in standard configuration, but given its raw firepower and utterly insane armor protection, i cannot actually complain.  2 of these can single handedly wipe out an entire B-Corp carrier along with its complement of fighters (most B-Corp carriers have 8 micro-C or equivalent which get 1 shotted by the FK-103's secondary weapons).  Once these things start flying around in my comic im working on lets just say B-Corp is as good as dead.  Ill probably balance them by saying they are super hard to manufacture or something and thus very rarely encountered...

Btw, armor is so tough i cannot kill it with anything but excessively heavy ordinance!  That and even if it is split apart at least 1 segment retains both propulsion and its secondary weapon loadout allowing some nasty comebacks.  Not that the armor is that OP per say, but its the fact that it is so freaking small which makes it impossible to reliably do anything againt.  SRM-6M is useless vs these (most you will do is blow off the cockpit or its main weapon), and high end capital ship torps is like a 10% chance of even interacting with it (and then like 50% chance of serious, not fatal damage) because of phasing and how it doesnt like extremely tiny things.

Edited by panzer1b

I discovered what happened to the Fate: You left it on an Ike-SOI-crossing orbit and I took too long to rendezvous with it. Chalk that up to a computer malfunction or whatever. I didn't have terribly much success with tackling the time; I emptied the Oberon's arsenal and only took out a couple armor panels, plus a primary and secondary missile. The Oberon moved to a polar orbit to try to avoid the situation further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jpydyuh1bc8y9s/Servo%20vs%20Alphasus%202.5.sfs?dl=0

37 minutes ago, Servo said:

I discovered what happened to the Fate: You left it on an Ike-SOI-crossing orbit and I took too long to rendezvous with it. Chalk that up to a computer malfunction or whatever. I didn't have terribly much success with tackling the time; I emptied the Oberon's arsenal and only took out a couple armor panels, plus a primary and secondary missile. The Oberon moved to a polar orbit to try to avoid the situation further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jpydyuh1bc8y9s/Servo%20vs%20Alphasus%202.5.sfs?dl=0

So is the Fate still alive? Does it have armament?

45 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

So is the Fate still alive? Does it have armament?

No, I think it crashed into Ike (at least, I saw it disappear while very close to Ike).

Dary Lives... Unfortunately

Dary has a ship with no armament left, and a ripped open gun barrel. He may have fun. Only Oberon is left armed for you.

hzoRhVj.jpg

Destiny has 2 anti ship missiles, Fate is being avenged, and Time has anti fighter missiles.

Oberon has no missiles. Ganymede has 2 anti-fighter missiles. Puck has 2 anti-fighter missiles.

@Servo

Edited by Alphasus

Just now, 8bitgammers said:

I'm ready to battle. If anyone wants to battle with me.

Set it up, I'll take you on. I'd like to get in a bit more testing on the D-62 and its variants.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.