Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Just now, Frozen_Heart said:

Yeah 10% is ok. I'm unlikely to go over as some of my fighters are pretty small. Off to sleeps so can't battle tonight.

It's OK anyways. I need setup time too. My fighters are often rather large, so I might be making a new missile.

I've added a new, lower-part-count (308, 45 tons wet) option in the NX line of warships I've designed, the NX-21 Kalash. An AK-rifle inspired (in terms of being efficient, mass-production ready, and reliable) warship blending new-school style with old-fashioned concepts, this lightweight frigate design provides a compact method of delivering missile attacks at intermediate ranges.

fW3zOOf.png

The NX-21 is available for download in my pack thread.

4 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Also, even though I'm a tad bit late to the party in this regard, if you'd be interested in battling me once you and @Alphasus are done, I'd be up for it.

I'd be up for that. Just designing an armour package for my corvette and checking the fighters still work. It's been a few versions.

2 hours ago, Frozen_Heart said:

I'd be up for that. Just designing an armour package for my corvette and checking the fighters still work. It's been a few versions.

I'm redesigning my fighter mounted anti ship missiles myself.

I made yet another NX-series ship, the NX-22 Anubis (people who've watched The Expanse will know my inspiration to an extent).

3WJ1APU.png

It's a mass driver ship, equipped with (1) linear accelerator gun, and 5 rounds of ammo (each round being a pair of 1x1 steel plates fired like high-velocity shrapnel). However, as with nearly all cannon ships, timing when firing is key, and not timing your shots just right will lead to subpar results. The sides are equipped with twin XL docking ports for add-on modules or droptanks, and the twin LV-N nuclear engines provide a healthy TWR to compensate for the main gun's recoil. It's got a decent amount of LF, and plenty of fuel for the main gun, so if need be you can easily repurpose spare LF from the gun's LF+O tanks as emergency LV-N fuel.

TWOXux4.png

Download's in my pack thread:

EDIT: It's also under 400 parts. :)

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

JmpNdHy.png

I can see some use for this. Been trying to make a plate ship in this shape to duke it out in close quarters, not going so well as you'd expect for something with such acute angles. The make me happy ship just got installed with 24 shipkillers and a fighterXD

3 hours ago, Spartwo said:

JmpNdHy.png

I can see some use for this. Been trying to make a plate ship in this shape to duke it out in close quarters, not going so well as you'd expect for something with such acute angles. The make me happy ship just got installed with 24 shipkillers and a fighterXD

I'm curious, do the pods have any sort of onboard propulsion? My only current drop pod-carrier's the old NX-9 Tiberon, and it and its pods are aging quite a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.