Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Okay, so what's the battle shaping up to be so far?

Alliance 1: @ShadowGoat, @AlexanderTeaH, Me

Alliance 2: Unknown

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

The EX-2A doesn't have any fighter missiles. Wait, the I-20s are your G3 clones right?

I think? I remember seeing a 100% intact missile coming off of one of your craft. It had the slants going towards the main post so I think it was a G3. 

But the I-20's are I think a G3 clone.

Does anyone mind if I use 40 ton EX-9s on a carrier? Because if I don't, I'll be either 200 tons under or over the limit.

And you surrendered them! Haha, we have finally resolved this copyright issue! In return, I shall aim for the engines and not the cockpit of your ships. 

Edited by MiffedStarfish

2 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

@DarkOwl57 @Joseph Kerman What are you guys bringing? I'm bringing a death for heavy firepower, at least one void, and either as 2 breakthroughs or a peacekeeper

Uh.. Let me check my paper..

Battle-Cruiser: Illustrious, Aegis

Battleship: Texas, Arizona (Oh god I hope my Arizona doesn't meet the same fate as the real Arizona...)

I haven't designed any carriers so let me get back to you on that front

(Battlecruisers carry 10 I-20 missiles, and about 3 layers of armor. Battleships carry 12 I-35 missiles and have 2 layers of armor)

Edited by DarkOwl57

Also reminder to everyone, especially us newish players, DONT FORGET TO MANUALLY LOAD THE PERSIST WITH ALT-F9. :D

@ShadowGoat Would you mind setting up the persist? I can't right now. Also we need a turn order. I don't think people in an alliance should move after each other, to balance it out.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

@ShadowGoat Would you mind setting up the persist? I can't right now. Also we need a turn order. I don't think people in an alliance should move after each other, to balance it out.

So like Alliance 1 goes

then 2

etc.

*When you realize you still have to build the ships you've been talking about*

28 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Sorry about that, but I'm not changing my ways until you change your I-20s. :D 

So I'm changing the I-20's.. Temporary truce? I don't blow you up, you don't blow me up?

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmmm... I won't single you out, but I can't guarantee anything.

Better than nothing 

*Adds one solitary fin*
It's different from the G3! 

(In all seriousness, I'm going to make the I-20 shorter, add a reaction wheel, take off the RCS, and change it from 6 Twitch engines to one Spark. The 3 SRB's are staying though

Edited by DarkOwl57

22 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

But the I-20's are I think a G3 clone.

You guys need to seriously stop with the whole who created a missile first bull...

Technically the G3 is a "clone" of my tribeam which looks almost exactly the same except its using 3 way symmetry vs 4, doesnt have RCS on teh base model (there is a model that uses 3 vernors for RCS but its only used as a ground launch model), and has somewhat different engine layout (and is a bit lighter/designed to be fired from longer range but otherwise identical shape/role).  And ive had those things for ages, well before i ever saw the G3/I-20 on here.

I dont mind people building similar/identical missiles, so please dont get into a fight over who made something first, many of us came to similar conclusions as to what works and what doesnt work regardless of who did it first :)

Just now, zekes said:

If someone can provide resupply ships i'll bring one of these. 

YhKZWT1.jpg

I can provide you with a supply ship, and access to ammo, will a tripedo fit in that thing?  uses 1.2m weapons right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.