Naval Battle League 2016-2018

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Oh? And have you tested them?

And your kickback missiles are 24 tons. Any 24 ton missile will stop any ship.

I didn't use the Stilleto missile. I used the Javelin, and it worked perfectly. But you better watch out for the Pounder.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

I can't do that. Or I guess I could stick 8 EX-9s on a 50m girder pole, call it a carrier and use four of those. I don't have any ships in any weight range that can fill out that limit.

you don't have to fill it! If you're under the limit, good, but you can't be over the limit

Yes, but I have to fill it if I want to have any fair chance of competing. And may I point out you were over 100 tons over the limit in our three player battle. I'm not trying to start a arguement, but I just can't do 750tons. How about 600?

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Yes, but I have to fill it if I want to have any fair chance of competing. And may I point out you were over 100 tons over the limit in our three player battle. I'm not trying to start a arguement, but I just can't do 750tons. How about 600?

NO!!! Even less so that I can join! My best ships are pretty heavy and small!

And @MiffedStarfish I can't even send 4 ships with the 1000t limit, and now I can't send 3!

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

So 600 to 700? I can do that thank you. @Joseph Kerman sorry, if you want you can borrow one or two EX-7 Hyerions. you would have to outfit them with your own weapons for fairness, but that would give you a 90 ton base ship with 10 weapon hard points, heavy armour and redundant engines.

I dunno, your ships may be quite fragile...

6 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Fragile?!? Your armour hasn't even been tested, I wouldn't talk just yet.

And the Hyperion once had a 8 ton fragmentation missile punch a hole right through it, and it kept going with no loss of function. @ShadowGoat can testify. :)

It is tested to tank a Javelin, a direct counterpart of the G3.

Whatcha got, @MiffedStarfish?

Edited by Joseph Kerman

Yes I can. I lost because I forgot to take a second shot. However, I intend to keep this death alive by thirdly killed anything the first time 

also no that was the trident torpedo not the clustertruck 

Also I'll get the persist out when everyone's ready

Edited by ShadowGoat

46 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

Yes I can. I lost because I forgot to take a second shot. However, I intend to keep this death alive by thirdly killed anything the first time 

also no that was the trident torpedo not the clustertruck 

Also I'll get the persist out when everyone's ready

Ready! 

For all the people who are going to film, send them to me. I'll do a voice over in a quiet British accent in sort of a history lesson thingy. (Look towards the HOI4 trailers for accent info)

Hey @MiffedStarfish? I've got a question

So I know we called a temporary "You don't shoot me, I don't shoot you" Truce, but would you be okay if I took a couple pot-shots at one of your ships? My crew's anxious for revenge!

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Do that, the truce if over. You can vent your anger at one of the ships in my repository if you want. 

Well we're going to war with each other anyways, so I guess I can imagine the broken truce.... How about after the battle royale, we have peace?

49 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

No I was saying everyone needs to be ready before I hand out the persist

I should be ready maybee tomorrow, worst case the day after that, i have 4 ships that are in a useable state, and i just need to finish refitting a old carrier for my support ship (claws, lotsa RCS, lotsa fuel, ect), and i need to finish my station with ammo and all, i dont really make that many non modular stations (most stations i have in my offline campaigns tend to be built up over a long time, many of which are based on potatoroids) and i think itll be best if i make one from scratch which will allow me to actually get a more practical design there with just ammo and a little bit of fuel+replacement engine pods for the very likely case where something gets shot up really bad and needs a new engine after being towed back to base.

Also, i think the 750 tons limit should include EVERYTHING you plan to deploy, and not just the 4 ships.  This way its a strategic choice between deploying all of your tonnage by spamming battleships and dreadnoughts, or having a smaller and more modest fleet but with good logistical support (as in lots of fuel and reloadeable weapons, which not only are useful for you, but make it possible for you to act as a useful alliance member after all combat ships have been kaputed.

Btw, what do you think of adding the following to rules regarding support ship:

*support ship/station can be targeted like any other vessel but the attack counts as your turn (since we only can attack 1 thing per turn)

*support ship may ONLY carry fuel and replacement engines (the station is where you keep extra weapons just so you cant get away with a do anything support ship)

*support ship can only do one job per turn: this means you may refuel a ship, grab a ship and tow it, lanfd somewhere to refil with IRSU, but you can only do one of these things per turn and no more to keep supply ships from being abused to say refuel your entire alliance per turn (which is kinda possible given enough patience, just land, IRSU, fill up 4 ships, and repeat until everyones full)

*stations can carry anything from weapons to replacement engines to fuel

*stations cannot have more then 100dV total (to allow for minor orbital tweaks but not moving them interplanetary)

*station cannot be attacked if there are friendly warships in orbit around the same planet/body (meaning to go after someone's station you need to first kill warships near it if any are there)

and also, i think you need to make a rule about making/breaking alliances in that an alliance cannot be broken without prior notification and at least 1 turn passing between that (to prevent blatant backstabbing where the alliance member has no way of responding and moving their ship out of the way and or attacking)

Not War, Battle.

Not Truce, just not truce.

Nor Peace.

You can work together but at the end of the day, if there's more than one of you left nobody's getting the maximum points.

You are players, not nations. Don't forget that.

Edited by Spartwo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.