Naval Battle League 2016-2018

That's 16 people in different time zones with different schedules. 8 1v1s would be much simpler, and to decide a winner we would just have to tally up witch group won the most battles, and if there was a tie each side could nominate one person to have a final battle with the other.

Well im ready to setup whenever you guys are ready to get started, so just ask me to put my ships in teh save once we are actually starting.  I just waited since i had the impression a large number of people were still developing their vessels for the battle and we wouoldnt actually start teh fight until a week or so at the minimum...

Chucked my new favorite toy on a Hyperion, a stock turret using hinges!

WwHSEzS.jpg

P6uptL7.png

It holds six shots. Unfortunatly its very inaccurate due to recoil, but you could come in within 100m at 15m/s of the enemy ship and broadside them! Its also timewarp proof, as it is set up wit hdocking ports which can reliably reconnect the entire assembly.

If anyone wants to try it out, heres a downlaod to a subassembly. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6g3phjfv9cem00/F-Tech Turret Assembly.craft?dl=0

Got new ships to field in my pipeline, some more ready to fight than others...

vQUDP3Z.png

OECDUH4.png

My new vector-powered missiles ('AKITA', standing for Adv. Kinetic Impact Torpedo type A) pack a punch too, and with lower complexity per round parts wise than my old ASMs.

P5uNQsH.png
mKkrGw1.png

Oh god more people? (Not singling out veryshyproxy or anything, just I think more people is a bad idea)  I think maybe we should abandon the idea of a massive free for all with 9 people, and just have a standard tournament. Much simpler, easier to organise, and actually on a small enough scale to realistically happen.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Agreed. As a longtime battler, I've seen several attempts at having more than 2 players in one engagement, and most (if not all) haven't gone well just due to logistics and timing.

It's partially due to the nature of the beast- turn-based takes more time to setup and complete than real-time combat (something we don't have currently), and as a forum game it's slowed down by the process of 'download persist -> take turn -> upload persist and screenshots -> make post with pics and persist DL link -> rinse/repeat'.

Don't get me wrong, the system works and when it works well, it's a blast (pun intended). It's just not fast, and for more than 2 players in a battle that really starts to show.

Got even more new ships...

pxumliH.png

Ion fighter inspired by @Spartwo's ion-engine recon ship; has ok-ish burn times, but recharges very quickly off of 2 fuel cells and a solar array in addition to RTGs.
Carries weapons on 4 0.625m hardpoints.

rTfCgJ0.png
BKtmcSn.png

Another new warship based on the old Helios hull styling, and designed as an all-encompassing tech demonstrator equipped with 3 individual weapon systems-
1 I-beam pod, 1 1.25m AKITA missile, and 4 small compact, prototype guided anti-fighter missiles meant to provide a reasonable of level of protection from carrier-launched fighters and lightly-armored vessels.

2 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Tech demo ships are always cool. They can swing one way or the other though. Tend to be mid-generational for me.

Yeah agreed. I definitely feel like I'm starting to regain my old sense of fuel/propulsion/armament balancing now though, especially now that I've begun to re-modernize my active arsenal of stock munition designs I keep mounted on my ships.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.