Naval Battle League 2016-2018

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I've showed this on another thread, but I might as well post it here:

its my finished stock hinge turret. Right now it can't do much,  but it's full potential should be realised in 1.3.

I think it is as useless as a furnace minecart in minecraft. There is almost no use for a swivel gun as long as DMP keeps damage client-side. 

22 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

Yeah it's like you think you have it harder than everyone else Joseph Kerman building missiles. At first I just used i beams, but then I dissected the G3 and took some of it. Now I have a good missile.

I did the exact opposite. I started with guided missiles, and then transitioned to SRM's.

57 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I consider the G3 a multi-role weapon, it does good damage to most conventional ships while being fairly light. I don't really know what you mean about building for specific tasks, I try and keep my things as versatile as possible.

I meant something that can actually be a multi-role weapon. Like something that can precisely hit small objects while still being good enough to damage large targets and at the same time, can be placed anywhere.

3 hours ago, Frozen_Heart said:

rvJqc8B.png

Almost ready for combat testing...

Isn't the top, bottom, and back pretty soft? Mk1 LF tanks are still pretty weak on tolerance, and the huge hole at the back for the engine. I learnt my lesson on that and kept trying to make that hole smaller to avoid potential mobility kills.

6 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Isn't the top, bottom, and back pretty soft? Mk1 LF tanks are still pretty weak on tolerance, and the huge hole at the back for the engine. I learnt my lesson on that and kept trying to make that hole smaller to avoid potential mobility kills.

I build for looks.

If i wanted i could build a triple layered plate space phallus that was super effective, but it would be ugly as all sin.

In addition i need a good amount of fuel tanks as this has to be able to haul payload to Duna. 

1nAOFEa.png

Rear view of the ship.

Edited by Frozen_Heart

@Frozen_Heart Ermm... I think you can work on that by making the exhaust port smaller, or multiple small exhaust ports.

18 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

So... my AAAAA-1 Turret? The one that can be precision aimed, fitted to just about any ship, and destroyed the KSS Wasp in one shot?

That was a lucky shot. You have to be consistent in your findings. That is how you test weapons and stuff.

You seem to think you are the god of all weaponry and armor but just remember none of your ships have actually held up to anything, and a lot of people here have been doing this for a long time.

Also frozen heart stated he builds for looks, so lay off on the criticism of his ship. It looks awesome and that's what it was built to do.

Edited by ShadowGoat

Nice one. Seriously Joseph, just remember that your ships are mostly untested, and you have no right to critique others when your ships aren't so hot either, as far as we know.

Edited by ShadowGoat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.