Greetings from Laythe: Moons of Jool Missions >>> COMPLETED! <<<

Landge

8 ships, 15 Kerbalnauts take a over a year's journey to explore the Moons of Jool and establish a settlement on Laythe.

Click on the pic below for the complete mission album. 191 pics total.

63bO0v2h.png

Finally I can move up to 0.20! :D

Fyi you spelt Kraken wrong in the 74th picture. The way you had it spelt is "Cracken"
Oh NO! You've gone and made it angry...again!

AH HA! Now I know the real reason why my Jet Transport 2 exploded! :D

@Dombi:

I started beginning of May getting the first ship into LKO. But if you include all the test flights to Mun and back, then it was in April. Even after getting most of the ships into orbit I was struggling, trying to figure a way to get Jets to Laythe. Very early on, back when 0.18 was out, I had built a SSTO that was able to reach Kerbin Station to refuel. I sent it to Laythe but it was just too big and broke apart on landing. Missions to Eve and Laythe (Laythe SSTO starts on pic 7) and I couldn't duplicate it. I'm browsing on the forums here when I saw Brotoro's Long term Laythe Mission. Back when part 4 or 5 came out. In particular his BirdDogs :cool:. If I couldn't get a SSTO into orbit on it's own, stick it on a rocket that can! BRILLIANT! I came up with my version. The Jet Transport Ships with J-Birds and Bird's Nests. Using "Bird" in the name as a nod to Brotoro's. Playing out the missions most nights and weekends. I regret ending Kelhat's mission. That would have been an awesome addition to the mission.

Edited by Landge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.