What's your favorite mun/planet in the kerbolsystem?

I haven't been to the Joolian system yet. As a matter of fact, I'm now planning my trip there, after visiting most of the bodies in the inner Kerbol System. Based on how people describe it, and the snapshots and videos off YouTube that I've seen of it, I think I will like Laythe--like most otherworld dreamers, I have often longed for another place just like the earth, for humans to live and thrive in. And Laythe sounds just like that place.

I hope I don't get disappointed once my Kerbals arrive there soon.

I haven't been to the Joolian system yet. As a matter of fact, I'm now planning my trip there, after visiting most of the bodies in the inner Kerbol System. Based on how people describe it, and the snapshots and videos off YouTube that I've seen of it, I think I will like Laythe--like most otherworld dreamers, I have often longed for another place just like the earth, for humans to live and thrive in. And Laythe sounds just like that place.

I hope I don't get disappointed once my Kerbals arrive there soon.

You best hurry before the devs add volcanism to it :sticktongue:

You best hurry before the devs add volcanism to it :sticktongue:

Volcanoes!?! My country is an archipelago that is full of volcanoes, some active, some extinct and some dormant, and I have personally climbed two of them! :D Bring them on! I'll love Laythe all the more!

Vall's pretty cool, beautiful mountain ranges and weird rocks galore. What's even cooler about Vall is its history: The igneous rocks on its surface point to a volcanic past. At some point, Vall might have been an Io-like molten rock with absurd amounts of vulcanism, but a gravitational ballet moved it into a higher orbit, freezing it. However, my favorite body is Minmus. It has low gravity, fun cliffs to slide down, and it's the only body where you can see the Mun eclipse Kerbin. I usually send a crew returning from a long stint at my Eve base up there on vacation.

I'm one of those oddballs who really likes Gilly. The low gravity makes for interesting challenges when trying to do anything on its surface, but also makes for some fantastic fun when ragdolling your Kerbals or playing Rocket Ping-Pong.

Vall is likely my favorite, it's so beautiful. I've never been there though, save one impactor totally on accident. Yes, I ran INTO a freaking planet..

Really though, I'd have to say Kerbin. It's been the home of all my half-baked experiments...

I really like the color of Eve, and I like the oceans of Laythe, but I've just finished building a base on Minmus and I've really fallen in love with it.

Minmus has some fantastic terrain, and the color is so pleasant - it feels like a blue beach in space. I built my base on a plateau about 3km above "sea" level, overlooking a cliff. I have not seen anything like that on Laythe, and I haven't seen enough of Eve to rule it out there, but I doubt there is something that good there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.