20.2? Since when

Brax

Ok did I miss something here? I see nothing on the site about the 20.2 update. No new announcements, the latest NEWS: "04 Jun 2013: KSP 0.21 Update News". So is this just a case of slack webmasters or did I miss the announcement or what? Oh and just in case you're just finding out too, the 20.2 update is available.

So thats the only place on the whole website that talks about .20.2 update?, why no announcement anywhere else. I mean I really can't be bothered to crawl into every nook and cranny of the site. That update when up May 30th, I just found out about it yesterday. I can't be the only one.

It's because it's a really minor update. They pretty much only fixed a Linux scrolling bug and that's the highlight. I think it was released less than 24h after .20.1, so they didn't really bother to make another big announcement about it I guess :P

EDIT:

Actually you are right, it's not even on the front page o.o, how odd.

Actually it is, it's the oldest article you can see from the frontpage on the left :P

News

04 Jun 2013: KSP 0.21 Update News

29 May 2013: Previous Stable Releases now available!

29 May 2013: Update .20.1 Released!

28 May 2013: KSP Weekly May 28, 2013

24 May 2013: Designer 3D Prints now available!

23 May 2013: Official KSP Merchandise Store now

That is what appears on the frontpage for me, not including before 23 may. even if it's a minor update, would think it still be important to post it on the front page. If it's somehow messed up, that really needs to be fixed. :3 .. I actually feel like the front page could benefit by actually displaying the news itself or at least a portion of it.

It's because it's a really minor update. They pretty much only fixed a Linux scrolling bug and that's the highlight. I think it was released less than 24h after .20.1, so they didn't really bother to make another big announcement about it I guess :P

EDIT:

Actually it is, it's the oldest article you can see from the frontpage on the left :P

I have no idea what you are talking about, I don't see it any where on the front page. It doesn't even appear here either for me. http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

News

04 Jun 2013: KSP 0.21 Update News

29 May 2013: Previous Stable Releases now available!

29 May 2013: Update .20.1 Released!

28 May 2013: KSP Weekly May 28, 2013

24 May 2013: Designer 3D Prints now available!

23 May 2013: Official KSP Merchandise Store now

That is what appears on the frontpage for me, not including before 23 may. even if it's a minor update, would think it still be important to post it on the front page. If it's somehow messed up, that really needs to be fixed. :3 .. I actually feel like the front page could benefit by actually displaying the news itself or at least a portion of it.

You're looking on the frontpage of the KSP website, we meant the froum's frontpage. Everything that oes on the website's "News" also goes on the forum's "articles" tab. Actually there's even more stuff on the forums. Look at the right on the forum's frontpage, they're there and the last one you cans see right now is the .20.2 patch information :P

I thought the highlight was fixing mod optimization...

I meant the .20.2 patch, not the .20 update!

You're looking on the frontpage of the KSP website, we meant the froum's frontpage. Everything that oes on the website's "News" also goes on the forum's "articles" tab. Actually there's even more stuff on the forums. Look at the right on the forum's frontpage, they're there and the last one you cans see right now is the .20.2 patch information :P

I meant the .20.2 patch, not the .20 update!

That is my point though. Why isn't it on the front page of the KSP site? You can't assume every KSP player visits the forums.

That is my point though. Why isn't it on the front page of the KSP site? You can't assume every KSP player visits the forums.

I found out about the updates on Facebook and Twitter.

It was a very very minor update as I said, check the log on the article, they only fixed a small bug for Linux and that's about it. It was barely a day after .20.1, so the need for a whole new article wasn't really necessary in my opinion. Else maybe they just forgot, who knows. Anyway the game should inform you when you boot it that there's a new update since the new patcher is up and working.

Well I don't know how minor of a patch it was but .02.1 almost broke my game in a bunch of ways, while .02.2 seems to have fixed all my various issues. I would have liked to have know about it sooner is all, I think that regardless of the "importance" of the patch it should at least be on the front page of the games official website.

Well I don't know how minor of a patch it was but .02.1 almost broke my game in a bunch of ways, while .02.2 seems to have fixed all my various issues. I would have liked to have know about it sooner is all, I think that regardless of the "importance" of the patch it should at least be on the front page of the games official website.

They really only changed a bug for linux and how flags are loaded, that's all. So maybe your issues were caused by something else? :l

Although I'm pretty sure the forums get a lot more unique visitors than the website. Maybe a mod could tell us.

I don't know, anytime I go looking for updates to a game, I first check the front page, then check the news section .. and last I check the forums. This seems to be the general procedure most companies / devs tend to put their news order in. So always follow that order.

...Only 0.20 messed mods up... I'm still kind of afraid to install mods..

95% of mods are now functional with .20. Like the only big mods that aren't working yet are NovaPunch and Damned Robotics. The mods that were the most affected by the update is those using plugins, but that pretty much fixed for everyone now.

95% of mods are now functional with .20. Like the only big mods that aren't working yet are NovaPunch and Damned Robotics. The mods that were the most affected by the update is those using plugins, but that pretty much fixed for everyone now.

Does Kethane work yet?

No game producer that i've ever heard of makes a big media press release about extremely minor patch revisions. Squad is no different. You should know about the new version from KSP telling you there's a new version when you run it. Steam users won't have to deal with it at all since steam would just go ahead and update it anyway.

No game producer that i've ever heard of makes a big media press release about extremely minor patch revisions. Squad is no different. You should know about the new version from KSP telling you there's a new version when you run it. Steam users won't have to deal with it at all since steam would just go ahead and update it anyway.

The patcher does too. I learned there was a new update before I saw it on the forums, I booted it and it said "there's a new version of this game available", so I downloaded it. And no I don't use steam.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.