Wouldn't it be cool if...

Qwertyest

On one of the planets, there was a massive underground cave system?

I think that would be pretty cool. You could send out rover missions with the aim of mapping out the cave network.

Or maybe I'm just a bit sad. :blush:

Preferably said cave entrance could be in the middle of a long trench so we can pull a death star on it! But seriously, the idea of building a base underground and flying rockets down sounds really awesome.

*Not understanding the workings of the systems*, but we have mountains, and we have canyons and valleys, could not such caves be essentially inside mountains rather than being `underground` as it were.

I`m immediately reminded of the Mun arches as being large solid structures that if just made longer would essentially be a cave. If that structure was at the end of a canyon such as that on dres with mountains on either side it would make it underground enough for my purposes haha

I think the greater challenge would be flying a ship through them!

Depending on the design, neigh on impossible. Reaction engines, vacuum of space, and turning are not concepts that go well together. That's for Sci-Fi games and books. ;)

Depending on the design, neigh on impossible. Reaction engines, vacuum of space, and turning are not concepts that go well together. That's for Sci-Fi games and books. ;)

Exactly :D You know if caves ever become a reality this will be like the number one thread in the challenges section

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.