[Showcase] Bases! Permanent, mobile, entier cities... show them off!

I'm just starting a new colonization program and am looking for some inspiration for bases I can build. Show off what you've made! bonus points for modular, mobile, lander or rover dockable, multiple landings and elegant with few parts.

Here's one of my early single-launch permanent bases on Eve, which I call the Hydra Lander. It has variations capable of landing on just about every body in the kerbol system except for tylo and vall (needs moar boosters).

2013_06_13_00001.jpg

So I came up with a new mobile base for my central operations on Minmus and Mun. It always faces east/west at rest, giving the control tower and antennas a view of Kerbin and the overhead OASIS. It took a tumble en-route to it's destination and did a double-endo, but Jeb managed to stick the landing and keep on going. It does have some demons though... there's about a 30% chance every time I warp, that the surface of Minmus will just swallow it whole, destroying it and killing all the kerbals on board. Quickloading after one of these incidents will result in all 4 tires exploding on load. Hopefully they fix that in the future.

2013_06_15_00003.jpg

2013_06_15_00008.jpg

2013_06_15_00012.jpg

2013_06_15_00014.jpg

2013_06_15_00015.jpg

2013_06_15_00017.jpg

program to take screenshots

Mun base with 4 rover hub, basically stock rover, command tower (my favourite part), lander, housing module, lander. Landers are almost full since they used delivery vehicles to land.

0ARORrR.jpg?2

Start of Minmus base with lander and command tower, in the middle you can see the delivery vehicle which can be used to scout with remaining fuel.

ulIPwMl.jpg?1

Lookout tower for minmus, still attached to delivery vehicle because I can't decide where to put it. That's 5 structural segments per half.

mRfCE6B.jpg?1

Mun base with 4 rover hub, basically stock rover, command tower (my favourite part), lander, housing module, lander. Landers are almost full since they used delivery vehicles to land

What's the little box in the lower left? looks like some kind of neat little rover port and refueling station, and if so is a really cool idea I might have to steal.

That's exactly what it is. Currently I love the function but don't really like the look. Here's the craft file if you want to take a look, complete with sky crane. Just remember there's a man in the sky crane. RIP.

http://www./?a884echrjtw587v

It's named Mk-02 so it looks like I fixed something from the original, can't remember what. I also don't think I've actually refueled one with it, I should check to make sure the connection is fine for fuel transfer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.