[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

m4v, can you please confirm if RCSBA v 0.6 should work with parts that use ModuleRCSFX? I have a few of those, and can't see them recognized currently.

But believe interfacing with that module was going to be fixed, would like to know for sure if already done, before looking for other causes about those other parts not working.

m4v, can you please confirm if RCSBA v 0.6 should work with parts that use ModuleRCSFX? I have a few of those, and can't see them recognized currently.

But believe interfacing with that module was going to be fixed, would like to know for sure if already done, before looking for other causes about those other parts not working.

fixed since 0.5.5 and should be working in current version.

Hey, do you know what this exception is about?:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RCSBuildAidToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RCSBuildAid.Toolbar' from assembly 'RCSBuildAidToolbar, Version=0.6.1.27988, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

I've seen it a number of times, often repeatedly. The plugin works fine though.

The last version on github is v0.5.5. We cannot (and possibly never will be able to) run automatic scans of addons on curse, so the 0.6 needs to be added manually.

What does that mean in UserSpeak?

How can I, as a regular user, contribute to get the current version in CKAN?

Nope.

RCSBuildAidToolbar is the assembly that depends on blizzy's toolbar, since you don't have it it fails to load. That's normal and is how is supposed to work since you don't need it, although I don't remember it spamming the logs with error messages, just once everytime KSP starts. You can delete RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll in RCSBuildAid/Plugins if it bothers you.

I am playing around with boxSat and this module and found something strange. With the top 3 slots in filled with tanks and the 4th the control module and then the payload box below with the engine. This puts the 3 tanks modules well above the COM. Yet the DCOM is above COM. When the tanks empty, COM should move down, not up.

I don't know how boxsat is implemented and I'm not going to download it any time soon. I'm just going to say that RCSBA calculates the CoM position in the same way the game does, so what it shows should happen while playing.

What does that mean in UserSpeak?

How can I, as a regular user, contribute to get the current version in CKAN?

In half-user-speak, this means that someone needs to add each new version of a curse-hosted mod manually. If the addon were hosten on kerbalstuff or github, our bot could discover new versions automatically without human intervention (and corresponding loss of quality time with family on weekends... My girls hate KSP enough already :) )

If you want to contribute, it is actually not too overly hard if you are handy with a text editor, start reading the wiki linked from https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN , and hop on the irc channel. There are always people around ready to show you the ropes...

M4v, it would be great if you did github releases then. If you set it up like proposed above, it would not even take more time than your usual routine i suppose. Or just add the binary distribution to the release. It would be a little bit more work.

(RCS Build Aid is an essential mod for me. Not playing without it. Thanks!)

sorry, I don't want to release in two places and I don't use CKAN so I'm not concerned over all this. Maybe after KSP 1.0 when I get to install every mod again I'll try CKAN and keep it updated, but until then is not my problem and I don't care.

• 3 weeks later...

The icon for this isn't showing up for me, either on the stock toolbar or on Bizzy's toolbar. However, the Kerbal Engineer buttons(on both stock and Blizzy's toolbars) are showing up. The DCOM and ACOM aren't showing up either.

EDIT: Just tried reinstalling RCSBA, still not working. Am I installing it wrong(\GameData\RCSBuildAid-master\)?

Edited by narf0708

Hey! I made a (very brief) overview video of RCS Build Aid..

...and.. nuts.. I forgot to credit you, m4v! Apologies! Anyway, the video is here, hopefully people find it interesting and helpful. Feel free to link the video around.

I have encountered a compatibility issue between this and the new Kerbal Inventory System. This causes any vessels saved with a part in a KIS inventory slot to not load properly. Without RCS Built Aid no problem. Screenshots and log included.

Built ship and added part to KIT inventory

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i04qb7ut0n3mnw/screenshot3.png?dl=0

Saved and loaded after adding part, this is result

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi9sdrjj9voyh64/screenshot4.png?dl=0

Log to hopefully indicate what is going on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk8zfv36u927ygr/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Links rechecked and confirmed to be working now

Edited by JeffreyCor

Question out of confusion, does the red torque arrow (the straight one) matter on launch and does the red arrows here indicate a problem with the balance of the engine? Both engines are from NovaPunch, or one may be from KWrocketry. I thought maybe RCS build aid was being confused by the multiple nozzles, but I've tried other multi-nozzle engines and the red arrow doesn't appear there.

Edit: Or maybe the engine that I'm using is simply too big for the rocket?

screenshot17_zpse9mcy4za.png

screenshot18_zpsmwkiufsc.png

Edited by smjjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.