[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

On 6.3.2016 at 3:36 PM, m4v said:

That log shows that there's an exception in EVE's code, EVE's author might be interested in seeing that.

Still I did this:

• copy my KSP install to some other place.
  • deleted all mods.
  • installed EVE from ckan
  • checked that had clouds (OK)
  • installed RCSBA from ckan
  • checked that had clouds (OK)

So I failed to reproduce. The exception you had didn't occur to me either.

I've the same issue with SVE which uses the latest dev build of EVE, maybe that's why you cannot reproduce.

• 2 weeks later...

@m4v do you have blizzy's toolbar installed? Uninstall it. You might well be able to repro it then. I think what's going on is the RCS toolbar plugin fails to load in the absence of blizzy's toolbar, and EVE tries to get a list of loaded assemblies and somehow chokes on that not-really-loaded RCS toolbar plugin. That is, obviously, not your bug to fix, it's @rbray89's, but I did want to finally shed some real light on this. :)

(I say that having finally installed RCS Build Aid in this install, having wondered where my clouds went, and then having remembered this.)

@NathanKellThe exception that occurs when blizzy's toolbar isn't installed was my first guess in attempting to reproduce this but I didn't succeed. If you could reproduce it and fixed it by removing RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll (or installing the toolbar) then there's probably a race condition that doesn't happen to me.

Anyone with missing clouds that doesn't use blizzy's toolbar can try removing RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll and see if that fixes it.

Edited by m4v

5 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@m4v do you have blizzy's toolbar installed? Uninstall it. You might well be able to repro it then. I think what's going on is the RCS toolbar plugin fails to load in the absence of blizzy's toolbar, and EVE tries to get a list of loaded assemblies and somehow chokes on that not-really-loaded RCS toolbar plugin. That is, obviously, not your bug to fix, it's @rbray89's, but I did want to finally shed some real light on this. :)

(I say that having finally installed RCS Build Aid in this install, having wondered where my clouds went, and then having remembered this.)

Ah, that starts to make sense... I can fix that error...

• 2 weeks later...

The prerelease version seems to be working, balances rockets and can launch to space without incident. One notable thing is that since it doesn't seem to know about the new feature to toggle translation or rotation for RCS ports, it does not give correct values when those are toggled. I might have a strange sideways force, but I am having trouble duplicating it in a way that I understand what is happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but there is a minor bug found while playing under KSP 1.1.2.  This mod still captures keys (e.g. IJKL) when the focus is in a textbox (e.g. ship name, part search).  It probably shouldn't.  Can't remember if this was also the case in 1.0.5 but I never noticed it.

Edited by Fwiffo

11 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but there is a minor bug found while playing under KSP 1.1.2.  This mod still captures keys (e.g. IJKL) when the focus is in a textbox (e.g. ship name, part search).  It probably shouldn't.  Can't remember if this was also the case in 1.0.5 but I never noticed it.

KSP used to have a MouseOverTextFields () method that helped to avoid that, in 1.1 it was removed and I don't know what replaced it, thus you have that problem.

I patched @linuxgurugamer's fix into the alpha RCS Build Aid.  It now ignores hotkeys when the cursor is in a text input field (such as the part search box).  For anyone courageous enough to try it out: RCSBuildAid-dev-0.7.7-14-Fwiffo1.zip RCSBuildAid-dev-0.7.7-14-Fwiffo2.zip.   It's also available (at least for now) in my personal CKAN repository (CKAN | Settings | CKAN Settings | New | Fwiffos-Dev-Repo | OK).

Note I had to reverse-engineer one of the missing source code files using a C# disassembler, so make no guarantees.  However I gave the result a quick try and it works on my machine™.

Note if you are upgrading from a previous version, I advise you move your settings.cfg from GameData/RCSBuildAid to GameData/RCSBuildAid/Plugins/PluginData (explanation here).

On 4/21/2016 at 2:21 PM, m4v said:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/rcs-build-aid/files

The alpha release is the best you can get. Development is in hiatus right now so the new features of 1.1 (such as axis toggling of RCS) aren't going to be implemented.

@m4v: That zip you linked is missing LineRenderer.cs.  I grabbed one from an earlier version, and decompiled some of the gaps (CrossMarkGraphic, Action<PluginMode> delegates for ArrowBase Events.ModeChanged) from the latest binary (mutter mutter grunt growl).  Any chance you could point me to the proper cs file?

Spoiler

EDIT: Nevermind this part; scrolled up and realized the source is included in the dev dump at curseforge linked above.

Is https://github.com/m4v/RCSBuildAid still the correct repository for this mod, and does the source there correspond to RCS Build Aid 0.7.7-14?

I want to integrate @linuxgurugamer's fix for input locks into RCS Build Aid but am having some minor compile errors when trying to link the 0.7.7 source to the KSP 1.1.2 DLL's, and want to make sure I'm not working off stale code.

Some examples:

• 'UnityEngine.UI.Button' does not contain a definition for 'AddValueChangedDelegate' and no extension method 'AddValueChangedDelegate' accepting a first argument of type 'UnityEngine.UI.Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    RCSBuildAid.cs (EDIT: I think I can take care of this one)
  • 'KSP.UI.UIRadioButton' does not contain a definition for 'startTrue' and no extension method 'startTrue' accepting a first argument of type 'KSP.UI.UIRadioButton' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    AppLauncher.cs
  • The name 'renderer' does not exist in the current context    ComMarker.cs
  • 'EditorLogic' does not contain a definition for 'MouseOverTextFields' and no extension method 'MouseOverTextFields' accepting a first argument of type 'EditorLogic' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    RCSBuildAid.cs (EDIT: I think I can take care of this one, i.e. it's the behavior I'm going to replace)
  • The name 'guiText' does not exist in the current context    Debug.cs
  • 'UnityEngine.GameObject' does not contain a definition for 'renderer' and no extension method 'renderer' accepting a first argument of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    MarkerForces.cs
  • 'KSP.UI.Screens.ProtoStageIcon' does not contain a definition for 'highlightIcon' and no extension method 'highlightIcon' accepting a first argument of type 'KSP.UI.Screens.ProtoStageIcon' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    MenuDebug.cs

Almost seems like this is older pre-1.1 code?

Thanks!

Edited by Fwiffo
Updated to latest alpha code (as of May 22)

23 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

@m4v: That zip you linked is missing LineRenderer.cs.  I grabbed one from an earlier version, and decompiled some of the gaps (CrossMarkGraphic, Action<PluginMode> delegates for ArrowBase Events.ModeChanged) from the latest binary (mutter mutter grunt growl).  Any chance you could point me to the proper cs file?

Forgot to update the script that zips everything when I changed the directory structure. In any case you can look at github, the development branch should have everything. (master has the KSP 1.0.5 version)

should i get the curseforge 1.1 pre release version, because the github only has the source code so i dont know how too compile the sourcecode, is the 1.1 download available anywhere?

@m4v @Fwiffo , RCS Build Aid changes its settings.cfg file quite frequently during play. ModuleManager notices these changes and is forced to rebuild the configcache on each game start. There's a rule in ModuleManager that avoids caching anything that's inside a PluginData folder. Would be awesome if RCS Build Aid placed its settings.cfg file in GameData/RCSBuildAid/Plugins/PluginData folder. This will speed up the game loading time for all the users.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.