[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

55 minutes ago, Jarin said:

When I click on "for 1.1 click here" I get sent to a page telling me I don't have permission. 

Yeah, that link led to the PreRelease forum, which is now gone.

Instead, click on the "Download" button, it will take you to the CurseForge site, select the "A" (for Alpha build) version from there.

Edited by Laguna

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

I think the other solution to this issue, done by a few mods, is to have their config file not end with the ".cfg" tag.  Some use the ".dat" tag.

Squad made the PluginData folder to be ignored by not only other mods but KSP itself.  It's best to put local resources in there anyway.

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

Squad made the PluginData folder to be ignored by not only other mods but KSP itself.  It's best to put local resources in there anyway.

Dang. I wish more modders would read this! Basically, if you have lots of mod, the module manager cache feature is completely useless: Too many moders put theirs .CFG file into the main mod folder...

2 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

Dang. I wish more modders would read this! Basically, if you have lots of mod, the module manager cache feature is completely useless: Too many moders put theirs .CFG file into the main mod folder...

Only way to fix this is to keep checking and alert the mod authors when it happens.  ModuleManager tells you what changed on each database load, so it's pretty easy to figure out from looking at the logs.  Eventually hopefully we can eliminate most of them, and possibly raise awareness of how things should be done.

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

Only way to fix this is to keep checking and alert the mod authors when it happens.

Having it documented somewhere would be better.

9 hours ago, Jarin said:

When I click on "for 1.1 click here" I get sent to a page telling me I don't have permission. 

Fixed, thanks.

It is a very interesting mod, really well done. However, im looking for a mod that not only displays the Delta V (Hurra!) of the RCS thrusters, but also the TTW (if the vessel has enough TTW to leave the surface with just RCS) depending of the celestial body the vessel would be. As far ive seen the mod doesnt have that feature, or has it? Is there any mod you know that could allow me to do so? Kerbal Engineer doesnt work with RCS im afraid...

I use MechJeb in combination with MechJeb embeded that add MJ module in every probe core/cockpit.
That gives same info as KE regarding TWR. Any TWR above 1 for chosen celestial body is capabale to lift off your craft even without atmosphere and wings.

It is up to you if you want to use other MJ features or not. For me, information about craft in editor and flight is enough, autopilot didn't work well when it is combined with FAR, so, I rarely use it. Sometimes in space if craft is not balanced, MJ tend to use full throtle and spin off craft instead to execute maneuver node properly, etc. But for info purposes is just fine, like KE.

3 hours ago, juvilado said:

As far ive seen the mod doesnt have that feature, or has it?

It doesn't, so far I have refrained from putting a TWR reading for RCS because i don't like cluttering the interface with a lot of numbers. But that was when RCS had no contextual menu with a crapload of options.

Edited by m4v

2 hours ago, m4v said:

It doesn't, so far I have refrained from putting a TWR reading for RCS because i don't like cluttering the interface with a lot of numbers. But that was when RCS had no contextual menu with a crapload of options.

I think i speak for many ppls that if it is in your hand, TWR info for different bodies (As KE does) for RCS would be really appreciated. You can, as you say, put as an optional display. That being said, just as suggestion, of course.

5 hours ago, RevanCorana said:

M4v do you have a version that works with 1.1.2 yet ? Thx

To tide you over until the official 1.1-compatible release of this mod, I have a custom build which is available here: http://tinyurl.com/RCSBuildAid-0-7-7-14-Fwiffo2.

It was made from the latest Alpha (development) code of RCS Build Aid (as of May 22) and is 1.1.2-compatible, plus it includes a fix to prevent hotkeys from responding when you are typing in input boxes such as the part search.  It's also available in my personal CKAN repository (CKAN | Settings | CKAN Settings | New | Fwiffos-Dev-Repo | OK), but note if you are upgrading and want to keep your old settings, you should move your settings.cfg from GameData/RCSBuildAid to GameData/RCSBuildAid/Plugins/PluginData (explanation here).

Edited by Fwiffo

@KocLobsterI'm still salty over the way Squad handled the 1.1 release, but I'll make a proper update eventually. Meanwhile you can use the pre-release version.

5 hours ago, VaPaL said:

What I miss the most is the parachute feature not working with RealChute.

How can you miss that If RCSBA never really supported RealChute.

@VaPaLRealChute+StockAero perhaps, although I haven't thought how to do it yet. HOWEVER... RealChute+FAR should be pretty easy to implement, just don't expect that update to come until April 1st.

@KocLobster Yeah I know. But not about these 2 things (I think): he may do it for RealChute + StockAero (with what I play) and it will take a while.

So "Awesome!" for the first and "I can wait!" for the latter. :D

Edited by VaPaL

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.7.8 for KSP 1.0.5

* Account toggling rotation/translation axis in RCS.
* Account full throttle setting in RCS.
* Move settings.cfg file to PluginData.
* FIX: NRE spam when closing fairings while using RCSBA.

Version 0.8 for KSP 1.1.x

* Update for KSP 1.1.x.
* Account toggling rotation/translation axis in RCS.
* Account full throttle setting in RCS.
* Account toggling rotation axis in rocket gimbals.
* Move settings.cfg file to PluginData.
* Match nomenclature in RCS's settings (starboard instead of right, etc).
* FIX: NRE spam when closing fairings while using RCSBA.

NOTE: There's no CKAN release because the whole process seems to have changed and I don't feel like studying its documentation again.

Edited by m4v

On 6/4/2016 at 7:25 PM, m4v said:

NOTE: There's no CKAN release because the whole process seems to have changed and I don't feel like studying its documentation again.

It showed up on CKAN, so you either fixed it or didn't need to do anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.