[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

Are there any plans or is it even possible to use the RCS Build Aid in-flight?  There are times when I'm trying to place RCS thrusters while in-flight and it would be nice to know the center of mass of the vehicle or have the build aid.

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, Shaman said:

Are there any plans or is it even possible to use the RCS Build Aid in-flight?  There are times when I'm trying to place RCS thrusters while in-flight and it would be nice to know the center of mass of the vehicle or have the build aid.

No, it was designed to work in the editor

• 2 years later...

I'm ending this hiatus, new version!

== Version 1.0

* Update for KSP 1.9 and 1.10.
* Improved plugin performance.
* Add support for parts with multiple ModuleRCS and ModuleEngine. For modded parts like those from SSTU mod.
* RCSBA now remains active while in Crew Screen. Can be disabled in settings.
* TWR readout in translation mode, disabled by default (See settings).
* DCoM Offset readout, disabled by default (See settings).
* Redone documentation.

Many thanks to @linuxgurugamer who keep the plugin in working condition these last 4 years, for the time being I'm going to keep the plugin updated.

I have no clue how CKAN works these days, so the update is not available there yet.

Made a pull request so sometime soon it should be in CKAN.

EDIT: IF YOU ARE GETTING AN ERROR ABOUT RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll JUST DELETE THE FILE. There's an error that the game won't handle gracefully if you don't have the Toolbar but also have MJ installed.

Edited by m4v

Hi, I have encountered a loading problem, here is what I know so far:

• when loading my modded install, module manager said that this mod's dll is broken.
  • when loading an install with only this mod, module manager stays quiet.
  • when loading an install with this mod and mechjeb, module manager complains again.
  • when loading an install with this mod and restock, module manager stays quiet.

When module manager says something's wrong,  the game keeps on loading forever. I have read somewhere that mechjeb blocks outdated dll, which is likely related to that issue a way or another. I had no issues when using linuxgurugamer's version.

Here are the logs: 

I can open an issue on github if necessary. First time using dropbox, you should be able to access those files i think.

11 hours ago, m4v said:

I'm ending this hiatus, new version!

== Version 1.0

* Update for KSP 1.9 and 1.10.
* Improved plugin performance.
* Add support for parts with multiple ModuleRCS and ModuleEngine. For modded parts like those from SSTU mod.
* RCSBA now remains active while in Crew Screen. Can be disabled in settings.
* TWR readout in translation mode, disabled by default (See settings).
* DCoM Offset readout, disabled by default (See settings).
* Redone documentation.

Many thanks to @linuxgurugamer who keep the plugin in working condition these last 4 years, for the time being I'm going to keep the plugin updated.

I have no clue how CKAN works these days, so the update is not available there yet.

Made a pull request so sometime soon it should be in CKAN.

You sir, are a legend. :cool:

55 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@vinix I got MechJeb and ReStock and a lot more - and no issues.

Is this using RCS build aid v1.0 ? I only got trouble with the version that was released 12 hours ago. The one before worked fine for me.

EDIT: @BTAxis you're right, after deleting this file, the game loads fine. This dll is not present in the previous version, so I don't know what its purpose is.

Edited by vinix

6 hours ago, vinix said:

Hi, I have encountered a loading problem, here is what I know so far:

• when loading my modded install, module manager said that this mod's dll is broken.
  • when loading an install with only this mod, module manager stays quiet.
  • when loading an install with this mod and mechjeb, module manager complains again.
  • when loading an install with this mod and restock, module manager stays quiet.

When module manager says something's wrong,  the game keeps on loading forever. I have read somewhere that mechjeb blocks outdated dll, which is likely related to that issue a way or another. I had no issues when using linuxgurugamer's version.

Here are the logs: 

I can open an issue on github if necessary. First time using dropbox, you should be able to access those files i think.

well, the .dll isn't outdated or incompatible, is missing a dependency at most.

In any case I can reproduce the issue if you have Mechjeb installed but not  Blizzy's toolbar, the toolbar wrapper of Mechjeb seems to fail if RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll is there... I think? I'm not sure.

Adding an KSPAssemblyDependency in RCSBuildAidToolbar seems to avoid the problem. But I find it curious that is failing with Mechjeb and not with other plugins that use the toolbar wrapper (like PersistentRotation) @sarbian you know why?

Anyway until next release the workaround is to delete RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll , you don't need it if you get this error.

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@vinix I got MechJeb and ReStock and a lot more - and no issues.

You likely have blizzy's toolbar installed.

4 hours ago, vinix said:

This dll is not present in the previous version, so I don't know what its purpose is.

Its purpose is to add support to blizzy's toolbar, other plugins use a wrapper so an extra .dll isn't needed. When I wasn't around  Linuxguru changed it to use the wrapper but I prefer to keep the .dll separated.

Edited by m4v

18 hours ago, m4v said:

You likely have blizzy's toolbar installed.

Its purpose is to add support to blizzy's toolbar, other plugins use a wrapper so an extra .dll isn't needed. When I wasn't around  Linuxguru changed it to use the wrapper but I prefer to keep the .dll separated.

Did you remove the ToolbarController from the mod?  If so, did you update AssemblyInfo.cs?

I changed it to use the ToolbarController, which then provides support for both the Blizzy Toolbar and the stock toolbar.

In fact, there were quite a number of issues which were addressed during my tenure, looking at your github, you just continued your version without pulling in anything from mine.  You may want to go over the list of changes below and possibly pull in some of the updates:

ChangeLog

Added InstallChecker
	Updated for KSP 1.8

Version bump for 1.7.2
	Updated AssemblyVersion.tt

Removed unnecessary AppLauncher method
	Moved toolbar creation into main RCSBuildAid method, fixes the button disappearing after going into flight scene
	Removed disabled code related to old toolbar management

Fixed stock toolbar button from sometimes appearing on the Space Center scene

Version bump for 1.5 rebuild

Fixed mass calculations for KIS containers

Fixed race condition where sometimes the toolbar was being created before it was registered, causing it to not show up

Added back display of DCOM offset magnitude
	Added display of individual DCOM offsets
	Added toggle to select display of DCOM offsets
	Fixed command chair option to work with ALL external command seats, not just the stock one

Actually saved the files this time

Updated version properly
	Added dependency checks

Thanks to github user @mlheiu:
		added Kerbal mass to Command Chair option
	Updated version for all of 1.4
	Updated to latest version of ToolbarController, now registers with toolbarController

Fixed .versionfile, was incorrectly saying this would work on 1.3

Made stock toolbar button the default

Fix for multiple buttons 

Updated for 1.4.1
	Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
	Replaced all toolbar code with ToolbarController
	Updated obsolete Unity calls with current

Added code to create PluginData directory if it doesn't exist
	Added code to read old file and save it in new location
	New location is RCSBuildAid/PluginData

Fixed issue where a mod part which has a different display name than the engine id was causing endless nullrefs

Version 0.9.4
-------------
* Fixed CoM marker showing up after clicking action groups and then back to parts, if the mod hadn't been used yet

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you remove the ToolbarController from the mod?

I did not remove it, It was never added. My development continued from my  branch, not from the fork. Cherry-picking or merging from the fork wasn't doable however I did incorporate most of the improvements and fixes I found, but the ToolbarController wasn't one of those. I had my reasons but mainly I want to keep dependencies to other plugins to a minimum, I'll give you a pm later.

RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll references aaa_Toolbar but aaa_Toolbar is not present. MJ enumerate loaded class to check for modules. Assembly is loaded but missing its deps. MJ safely ignore the error but the stock game does not.

PersistentRotation does not reference aaa_Toolbar at all and uses pure reflection. KSPAssemblyDependency is a perfectly clean way to deal with this imho.

19 minutes ago, sarbian said:

MJ safely ignore the error but the stock game does not.

huh... you sure? To me it looks like the other way around. The game doesn't hang if MJ isn't installed and the ton of exceptions in the log point to MJ's toolbar wrapper.

PersistentRotation does not reference aaa_Toolbar at all and uses pure reflection.

You miss understood, I meant PresistentRotation doesn't trip like MJ does, despite both using the wrapper.

KSPAssemblyDependency is a perfectly clean way to deal with this imho.

yeah I agree, but I get the impression the game shouldn't just stop because a plugin failed to load, been like this since blizzy's toolbar was introduced.

Edited by m4v

4 minutes ago, sarbian said:

PresistentRotation does not link the aaa_Toolbar dll. Yours does.

yes, I'm not saying that it does link aaa_Toolbar.dll, are we in the same page?

EDIT: just to be sure we're in the same page, I'm talking about this, why this Exception?

MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00006] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) [0x0001c] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00014] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () [0x00023] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () [0x0000c] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.ClearButtons () [0x00034] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnLoad (ConfigNode local, ConfigNode type, ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x002fc] in <c18bbb22f7a540d68fe41116b34520db>:0 

Edited by m4v

14 minutes ago, m4v said:

yes, I'm not saying that it does link aaa_Toolbar.dll, are we in the same page?

We are.

The problem is that it links a missing dll. That s why KSPAssemblyDependency  is the proper fix.

This is one of my essential addons and have been using it for the longest time, thanks for all your hard work.  I recently got a 4k "monitor" (really a 55" QLED lol) and the window and text are EXTREMELY small. Maybe it's hidden and I can't find it, but this bad boy REALLY needs a GUI scaler. Some other mods seem to work off of KSPs scaling, while other mods have their own scale.

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Shecter said:

Hi,

I am having an Issue when after I install this awesome addon, my right click part actions while in flight no longer work.

Hi, I have no idea what could cause that, the plugin doesn't run while in flight, only in the editor. Something else should be going on, logs would help to figure that out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.