[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

37 minutes ago, m4v said:

Hi, I have no idea what could cause that, the plugin doesn't run while in flight, only in the editor. Something else should be going on, logs would help to figure that out.

Hi,

The Log can be found here. I have also noticed that when I install RCS build aid, it seems to break the Remote tech mod. No flight computer icon. I recently came back to KSP but I know that I have had these both installed at he same time before.

Edited by Shecter
added quote

1 hour ago, Shecter said:

Hi,

The Log can be found here. I have also noticed that when I install RCS build aid, it seems to break the Remote tech mod. No flight computer icon. I recently came back to KSP but I know that I have had these both installed at he same time before.

There are exceptions related to RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll, try deleting that dll in GameData/RCSBuildAid/Plugins, you don't need it.

25 minutes ago, OofleSpoofle said:

Hey there! Love this mod but is anyone else having an issue with this mod and scatterer? When I installed this mod it would cause the atmosphere and oceans to straight up just disappear, and I haven't had this issue once since I uninstalled the mod.

you have the latest  version of RCSBA? 1.0.1?

15 minutes ago, OofleSpoofle said:

I'm using 1.0, which is the latest version available on CKAN for KSP 1.9.1

If you can try with  the latest, see OP. I messed up the last release so ckan isn't indexing it.

Installed the latest from CKAN (v1.0) and it caused my game to crash on startup — I couldn't find anything useful in the logs, it just died before it even reached the splash screen.

v1.0.2 from the download link seems to work fine, though, so I'm assuming this is just the "Fix RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll dependency" change from v1.0.1?

10 minutes ago, Wisq said:

Installed the latest from CKAN (v1.0) and it caused my game to crash on startup — I couldn't find anything useful in the logs, it just died before it even reached the splash screen.

v1.0.2 from the download link seems to work fine, though, so I'm assuming this is just the "Fix RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll dependency" change from v1.0.1?

Yes. But CKAN tells me correctly that v1.0.2 is the latest version, not v1.0.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if some of my landers have room for "balanced placement"? On these ships I don't have much choice but to have the upper thrusters on a smaller diameter part than the lower thrusters...which causes "torquing" when translating. I usually tweak the thrust limiters on the upper thrusters to compensate. Is thrust limiting something RCSBA takes care of also...or is it simply a "placement" tool?

2 hours ago, strider3 said:

Is thrust limiting something RCSBA takes care of also...or is it simply a "placement" tool?

It doesn't apply any limits to thrusters on its own, but it shows you the torque you'll get from unbalanced thrust, which helps you adjust the thrust sliders to eliminate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it normal for RCS Build Aid to apparently assume that all thrusters will be used for translation? For example, disabling a thruster in the VAB will sometimes/often display a more balanced translation on a given axis

24 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is it normal for RCS Build Aid to apparently assume that all thrusters will be used for translation? For example, disabling a thruster in the VAB will sometimes/often display a more balanced translation on a given axis

I don't understand what you're referring to, can you go into more detail?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@m4v Are you going to update CKAN with your current version?

I have problems with this version, only your version(RCS Build Aid Continued for 1.9) is working for me... This version freeze the game in loading screen.

L.E.   never mind, now this version is also working... 1.03, few days ago i had problems with it.

Edited by Acvila

21 hours ago, eberkain said:

Can we get a reaction wheels mode that displays a torque circle letting me know how strong they are relative to the vessel weight? 

Is an old TODO of mine, the math for figuring out the resulting torque for an arbitrary collection of RW isn't as simple as with RCS.

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@m4v Are you going to update CKAN with your current version?

What do you mean? the version in CKAN is 1.0.3

5 minutes ago, m4v said:

Is an old TODO of mine, the math for figuring out the resulting torque for an arbitrary collection of RW isn't as simple as with RCS.

What do you mean? the version in CKAN is 1.0.3

I was pinged about the entry, I didn't realize that my last one is there.  Sorry, I'll get it removed

In 1.11 there are new stock RCS thruster block variants (2-way, 3-way, 5-way, as well as the old 4-way).  Place a new part created in 1.11, and RCS_BA seems to behave as if it sees all five possible thrust axes active, regardless of which variant is selected.  Trivial to reproduce and expected for new functionality on launch day, but might as well report it...  Thanks for keeping this essential mod alive!

== Version 1.0.4

* Fix RCS and engines in KSP 1.11.
* Fix regresion, gimbals weren't aligned correctly for roll a vessel.
* RCSBA remains active in Cargo Screen (can be disabled from settings).

Edited by m4v

Getting VAB nullref spam with the latest 1.0.4 version, but for some engines only (all mod delivered ones, such as the "Fulcrum" engine from WildBlueIndustries MOLE).

In the log it says:

[EXC 18:27:46.863] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.getThrust () (at <d47c6305c5d444f8ac716df736136b89>:0)
	RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.getThrust (System.Boolean asl) (at <d47c6305c5d444f8ac716df736136b89>:0)
	RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.Update () (at <d47c6305c5d444f8ac716df736136b89>:0)
	RCSBuildAid.MultiModeEngineForce.Update () (at <d47c6305c5d444f8ac716df736136b89>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Was previously using the LGG maintained version which did not have that behaviour, so that must contain some sort of fix for that...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.