[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

I just made a little hotfix. It replaces the deprecated functions. Nothing more, nothing less. Since the license allows it, I'd like to share it with you until there is an official patch.

Source is included. License stays as is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65236705/RCSBuildAid/RCSBuildAid_v0.4_HOTFIX.zip

Oh and this is my first post on the forum so... Hi everybody. ^^

Version 0.4.1
-------------

* KSP 0.23 fixes.
* Account tweakables in fuel tanks and engines.
* Ignore the mass of landing gear and launch clamps, in both DCoM and CoM.
* Dynamic list of resources in mass window.

Besides of fixes for 0.23, I pushed some changes that I had already in git for some time. The plugin will ignore RAPIER engines since it uses a different PartModule and supporting it will demand more time than the couple of hours I used today.

Big thanks to RadarManFromTheMoon for the hotfix, if this release causes issues (I didn't test it much) revert to RadarMan's version.

Version 0.4.1
-------------

* KSP 0.23 fixes.
* Account tweakables in fuel tanks and engines.
* Ignore the mass of landing gear and launch clamps, in both DCoM and CoM.
* Dynamic list of resources in mass window.

Besides of fixes for 0.23, I pushed some changes that I had already in git for some time. The plugin will ignore RAPIER engines since it uses a different PartModule and supporting it will demand more time than the couple of hours I used today.

Big thanks to RadarManFromTheMoon for the hotfix, if this release causes issues (I didn't test it much) revert to RadarMan's version.

Thank you sir, you are a legend. Merry Xmas

Cool stuff, but when there is electric charge in an engine it causes the mod to stop working and the centre of mass disappears,unless you change the electric charge to 0. Although this may just be a bug with ksp

I experienced that bug only once and I wasn't sure what caused it, thanks for the info. Looking a bit further I can say that only non-stock engines trigger it, like KW ones, not sure why they have an electric charge setting.

Edited by m4v

Unfortunately...

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EditorLogic.SetSoftLock'.

at RCSBuildAid.Window.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

... logged every few milliseconds

Latest update fixed that, you are likely still using the old dll.

Hopefully this time around I zipped the correct dll.

Version 0.4.2
-------------

* RAPIER support.
* Delta V and burn time readout for RCS (because I could).
* TWR readout for engines.
* Added slider for change the scale of CoM markers.
* Set to ignore all ladders as they incorrectly show mass in the editor, much
like landing gears.

Hopefully this time around I zipped the correct dll.

Version 0.4.2
-------------

* RAPIER support.
* Delta V and burn time readout for RCS (because I could).
* TWR readout for engines.
* Added slider for change the scale of CoM markers.
* Set to ignore all ladders as they incorrectly show mass in the editor, much
like landing gears.

Thank you for the update.

Cool!

....Please tell me dV/burntime respects resourceName for RCS :)

You mean for modded RCS? in that case then the readout it will be all wrong I'm afraid. The plugin assumes all RCS use MonoPropellant because I didn't want to complicate things much.

Edited by m4v

Version 0.4.3
-------------

* Support for blizzy78's toolbar.
* Hide dV readout when it isn't accurate (like with modded RCS).
* FIX: torque calculation in rotation mode wasn't correct.

This update adds a new .dll file called RCSBuildAidToolbar.dll, you can remove this file if you aren't interested in using the toolbar.

Hello all. :)

I've encountered a minor issue with the newest update:

When activated with the Toolbar button, the Build Aid displays engine thrust vector and torque as normal, but won't show RCS translation info at all when using translation controls. However, I discovered that if I activate the in- game CoM marker, as needed to be done before, THEN it will show RCS translation vectors just fine. And, it still shows engine thrust data as usual.

This isn't a terrible problem, it's just an extra step to have to take, but I'm pretty sure that that's not intended behavior, so I thought I'd mention it.

I use parts of many mods, but the only ones I have that are active in editor mode would be:

Toolbar (duh)

Editor Extensions

Active Memory Reduction v2-10 Basic

MechJeb 2.1.1-159

I think that's it. I'd love to have UbioZur's Welding Tool, but it still REALLY doesn't play nice with this mod, it's too bad no one seems to be very interested in doing anything about that.

Anyway, there you go, FYI. :)

Hello all. :)

I've encountered a minor issue with the newest update:

When activated with the Toolbar button, the Build Aid displays engine thrust vector and torque as normal, but won't show RCS translation info at all when using translation controls. However, I discovered that if I activate the in- game CoM marker, as needed to be done before, THEN it will show RCS translation vectors just fine. And, it still shows engine thrust data as usual.

This isn't a terrible problem, it's just an extra step to have to take, but I'm pretty sure that that's not intended behavior, so I thought I'd mention it.

I cannot reproduce it, but check if the CoM visibility toggle is enabled in the Mass tab, if it's on then the CoM should be visible while the plugin is enabled. If you still get that issue then can you give me a step-by-step guide (from the moment you enter the VAB) so I can try to reproduce from my end?

I think that's it. I'd love to have UbioZur's Welding Tool, but it still REALLY doesn't play nice with this mod, it's too bad no one seems to be very interested in doing anything about that.

Well I wasn't aware of that conflict, and after looking in UbioZur's thread is kind of bizarre since RCSBuildAid doesn't touch the vessel name text field.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.