[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

@m4v its analyzed:

You could indeed not repro it, because in MOLE's "standard playmode" after installalation, "ClassicStock", the engine (Fulcrum in this case) is configured as a multi-mode engine, and indeed has 2 usable modes. So no problem here (see screenshot #1).

If the playmode is changed, e.g. to "CRP", then there is a problem on the engine config: it is still declared in the part config as multi-mode, but has actually only one usable mode. This confuses RCSBuidlAid and leads to that nullref spam (see screenshot #2).

Showing the situation: 1) no problem, and 2) problem

https://imgur.com/gallery/fqlpMcg

So the root cause is definitely a misconfiguration on the part. Question is if that could maybe be handled more gracefully by RCSBuildAid, now that the cause is known?

Edited by TheDog
typo

== Version 1.0.5

* Fix: Ignore PartModules that have moduleIsEnabled set to false.
* Fix: Don't ignore ModuleEngine independentThrottle setting if used.

Edited by m4v

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! Just found a bug with my heavy modded install. It only happens with parachutes calculator. When I grab a command pod and install a chute, calculations are OK. But when I load another ship in the VAB, I get velocity calculations to "Infinity", and keeps like that until game reboot. (Of course, none of them are from the mod RealChutes, and happen also with stock ones. And I'm using stock aerodinamics)

This is the error found in the log:

[EXC 15:51:23.665] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.Find (System.String n) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    Part.FindModelTransform (System.String childName) (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
    RCSBuildAid.CoDMarker.findCenterOfDrag () (at <4ce320faa66f449aafd3274fb767e25f>:0)
    RCSBuildAid.CoDMarker.UpdatePosition () (at <4ce320faa66f449aafd3274fb767e25f>:0)
    EditorMarker.Update () (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

And after that, lots of :

[LOG 15:51:23.689] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

If you need the full log, I can upload it for you. Thanks in advance for maintaining again this awesome mod @m4v!

Edited by Master_Azrael

• 4 months later...

In the following setup I get an exception during loading the game:

- KSP 1.12.2
- Toolbar 1.8.0.7
- MechJeb 2.12.3.0
- RCSBuildAid 1.0.6

The exceptions is (If needed, I can provide a complete logfile):

[ERR 13:54:19.816] [AssemblyLoader] Exception when getting assembly attributes: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'RCSBuildAid.Toolbar:button' (0) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'aaa_Toolbar, Version=1.8.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:aaa_Toolbar, Version=1.8.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

If I uninstall MechJeb, the Exception does not appear.

May I ask you to have a look at this issue?

Edit: I was able to resolve this issue by installing ToolbarControl and ClickThroughBlocker, the prerequisites of Toolbar.

Edited by mhoram

• 2 months later...

looks like the mod doesn't know new RCS variant switch.

This is restock-rcs-block-multi-2, choosed second variant with the 4 horns,
2 blue arrows are correct, but the other 2 blue arrows are in the place of the missed fifth horn from the first variant. 

yObL2jQ.png

ksp.log - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-iAGMd_qjAebGLsHT

Edited by flart

• 1 month later...

@flart Thank you for bringing this to my attention (and sorry for the month delay)

I can't reproduce though, using restock and restockplus part variant switching works as expected, so is probably the effect of another mod? I can see you have several mods unfortunately I can't go through all of them but I can make an educated guess... I would check the mod that adds that "RCS Mode" bar if is the cause.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, flart said:

looks like the mod doesn't know new RCS variant switch.

It does, but probably isn't hooked to the  event the mod is firing when the variant is applied, currently RCSBA just listens to the ShipModified event since that should cover everything, but perhaps the mod is using the VariantApplied event without firing ShipModified as well. If you can pinpoint the mod I can check. It should be an easy fix although if my guess is correct then the problem is that ShipModified isn't being fired.

Edit: I can think of another issue that could be happening... so for a fix I really need a minimal mod list that triggers the bug.

Edited by m4v

I just also recognized this, and also it happens that when the (fuel switchable) RCS part is enabled (stageable RCS), then picked up in VAB and attached again at another position, it's disabled.

Edit: yep, the source of the patching is GameData\RationalResourcesRCSFamily\

Edited by Gordon Dry

@flart@Gordon Dry

I installed:

B9PartSwitch
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
RCSBuildAid
RationalResources
RationalResourcesCompanion
RationalResourcesParts
RationalResourcesRCSFamily
ReStock
ReStockPlus

And still I can't reproduce.

Edit: I won't test with Kiwi Tech Tree since it doesn't have a suitable release and seems abandoned.

Edited by m4v

• 1 month later...

Weird, I don't seem to have the CoD marker as I'm trying to balance chutes. Is there a certain set of parameters or conditions that need to exist for it to show up? Is it locked behind some research tech node like some of MJ's functions? I have FAR installed - does that disable it?

Edited by OldMold

On 1/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, OldMold said:

I have FAR installed - does that disable it?

Yes. The math done assumes vanilla aerodynamics so it wouldn't be right if you're using FAR. Currently having FAR or RealChutes disables the CoD.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.