[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm my Dry center of mass doesn't seem to be changing, can anyone tell me why?

Sorry about the size :/

Perhaps you've managed to build the one ship that doesn't have a moving COM! This is the holy grail of planes! I'm not worthy!

Hmmm my Dry center of mass doesn't seem to be changing, can anyone tell me why?

Sorry about the size :/

Wrong DCoM settings, try disabling liquid fuel/oxidizer.

When a resource is enabled, the mass of that resource is added to your dry mass. If you want to see the mass of your vessel when completely devoid of resources you toggle off all of them. What you have in the screenshots says that your "dry" mass includes the mass of liquid fuel, since your plane seems to only have liquid fuel, the DCoM isn't going to change.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I've found that this plugin is fantastic. My ONLY issue so far has been that it doesn't calculate fuel lines for Dry Mass (Which I've been using to calculate RocketPart usage for Extraplanetary Launchpads... yes I know, very VERY specific)

I just wanted to say how wonderful this plugin is... My station construction time went from hours to minutes! And docking it's self has gone from being a tedious task to fun and enjoyable! Truly a "must have" download!

I haven't been playing KSP for quite a while now, so a .23 update will not come soon. I will eventually do it, is just that I'm distracted with other stuff at the moment. Is a good thing that at least the plugin works in .23 :P

OK, so I've found that this plugin is fantastic. My ONLY issue so far has been that it doesn't calculate fuel lines for Dry Mass (Which I've been using to calculate RocketPart usage for Extraplanetary Launchpads... yes I know, very VERY specific)

Fuel lines have no physical significance as far as I know, this basically means they have no mass. Unless that changed in .23.

Edited by m4v

It works! And that's all that matters.

Fuel lines don't have mass and are not going to change your dcom

Empty is empty putting fuel lines on some thing only moves fuel not invisible dcom balancing liquid.

If I was the op I would just go ahead and change the game capatibility to .23

There's one thing though: Pressing ALT + F2 shows a ton of red spam about GUI.lock stuff or something similar. Looking in the output_log.txt, it says it's from this mod.

It is, it has something to do with the GUI icon that shows up in the SPH/VAB.

i can verify this as well, log spam eventually leads to a crash. anyone have any way to hotfix as we've seen with several other mods?

The spam is caused by the tab bar that used to show up, it is no longer there or vanishes. I have no clue how to fix this and add it to the new icon bar that is in game.

The spam is caused by the tab bar that used to show up, it is no longer there or vanishes. I have no clue how to fix this and add it to the new icon bar that is in game.

When the mod first started there was no gui, can you temp remove the gui stuff as the hotfix? (used to only show up when you displayed the COM).

When the mod first started there was no gui, can you temp remove the gui stuff as the hotfix? (used to only show up when you displayed the COM).

Possibly, I don't know.

damn shame this has issues with 0.23, to me this is the most important mod I run.

It still works for me, granted it spams some error messages in the debug menu. But it works.

Just thought I should let everyone here know: I was getting a weird interaction between this mod and UbioZur's Welding Tool v2.0 Playtest 5 wherein the text field at top center of the screen was missing, and there was no way to enter any text to write the name of your craft to be saved. I removed THAT mod, because this one is utterly essential to the game, IMHO, and the problem has ceased. :D

Again, just F.Y.I., in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing. :)

Hmm, just looked at the few posts above this one... Perhaps these two mods, UbioZur and RCSBuildAid, can cause random weirdness, and not just the specific problem I described. Anyway, if everyone, or at least the majority, of those who are having trouble ALSO have these two exact mods, maybe that's a clue? Just spitballing on this one.

Later, everyone.

I tried out 0.4 to see if I got the same memory/crash issues others were seeing. So far, no problems. The only bug I've found also seems to happen without RCSBuildAid and I was curious if anyone else has seen it: If you right-click on an engine to get the tweakables menu, the CoM vanishes and refuses to come back.

Edited by jrandom

Thank you jrandom. I guess this might have to do with missing parameters causing it, new ones from 0.23 I guess. I thought there was something going on with TV 1.5.1 landing gear that had missing parameters, but I noticed when I right click a small jet engine (S) that hadn't been updated yet for 0.23, RCS build aid freaks out, but right clicking on a normal (M) turbojet doesn't cause the problem. Going to fix the NaN electric tweakable and see if that will help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.