[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

@landerote problem noted, thanks.

Any chance of such a 'lift mode' in RCS build aid?

Hard to say, I have already thought about doing something similar, but it always boils down to "what problems is meant to solve?" and "is it worth the effort?" and right now I'm not convinced. Squad already hinted that they will change the aero model, so I'm not very interested in putting much effort in something that I will have to scrap.

Hello there,

Another avid fan of this mod here.

Lately, I'm trying to solve any issues before they make it unplayable for me.

I'm hunting down any NREs I get and reporting them to the mod creators in hoping get the issue solved.

I'll be posting in a couple of other threads as well.

Here's what I see in my log file:

[EXC 00:17:06.088] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
RCSBuildAid.RCSBuildAid.CoMButtonClick ()
RCSBuildAid.RCSBuildAid.<setupMarker>m__0 (IUIObject )
UIButton.OnInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr)
AutoSpriteControlBase.OnInput (POINTER_INFO ptr)
UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex)
UIManager.DispatchInput ()
UIManager.Update ()
UIManager.DidAnyPointerHitUI ()
VABCamera.Update ()

Here are the actual logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yo6s47374cxyrpj/AABF9xjnb2DOWcUoU8PJLnj9a?dl=0

Is this normal? Is there a fix for it?

PS: Presently, I do not see any issues while playing. I wanted to learn about these NREs and how to fix them, but it was suggested to me that all I could do is report it to the mod author.

I'd love to see a minor feature added: option to display guide-lines through XYZ axis of CoM. Is it possible to just tweak the marker in such way? Would be a great addition for lining up mass, lift and thrust.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just showing up to mention that I know that RCSBA is broken in 0.90 and that next release may be in some days.

I'd love to see a minor feature added: option to display guide-lines through XYZ axis of CoM. Is it possible to just tweak the marker in such way? Would be a great addition for lining up mass, lift and thrust.

is possible but I'm not going to add it.

Request:

It'd be useful to allow RCS Build Aid to rotate the engine thrust vector with a slider according to its gimbal range.

planned, but not with sliders. Gimbals always move to their maximum range anyway, is not continuous.

I so need this for 0.90... I swear, I CANNOT make a VTOL plane or any decent plane without this mod. It desperately needs to be integrated to stock. Same with FAR.

Good job on this mod by the way. Bedsides FAR, it's my most used mod. :D

There!

Version 0.5.3
-------------

* KSP 0.90 compatibility fix.
* Fix AppLauncher duplication bug.
* Add next/previous buttons for change modes.

Ye, I can't live without this mod any more.

You have a problem I think :sticktongue:

There appears to be some weirdness involving the new gizmos: when using RCS Build Aid to measure engine torque, the torque figure reported changes substantially (i.e. +/- 100 or more kN) when you select a part using the position offset gizmo, even before you do anything to move the part.

It goes back (to what I think is the correct figure) when you stop using the gizmo, but it's a bit of a pain: while you're using the repositioning tool to shift your engines about is exactly when you most need to see an accurate torque figure.

There appears to be some weirdness involving the new gizmos: when using RCS Build Aid to measure engine torque, the torque figure reported changes substantially (i.e. +/- 100 or more kN) when you select a part using the position offset gizmo, even before you do anything to move the part.

Huh. It doesn't do this with RCS, at least not for me. Haven't tried it with engines yet.

It goes back (to what I think is the correct figure) when you stop using the gizmo, but it's a bit of a pain: while you're using the repositioning tool to shift your engines about is exactly when you most need to see an accurate torque figure.

I know what could it be.

edit: fixed in devel, I'll wait for a bit before releasing the fix though.

Edited by m4v

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.