[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why this mod seems to have lost track of fuel? See the wet and dry mass are the same, and no dry CoM displayed. It was working for a bit with this vehicle but now it's stopped, trying to see where the dry CoM is as this is a self-landing Buffalo MSEV headed for the Mun that will land very light.

Clicky full size.

6WsHrhll.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LGG, was looking in log for different reason, saw this:

[ERR 14:49:33.250] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RCSBuildAidToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RCSBuildAid.Toolbar' from assembly 'RCSBuildAidToolbar, Version=0.9.1.39319, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

On 8/26/2017 at 6:55 PM, vossiewulf said:

LGG, was looking in log for different reason, saw this:

[ERR 14:49:33.250] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RCSBuildAidToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RCSBuildAid.Toolbar' from assembly 'RCSBuildAidToolbar, Version=0.9.1.39319, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

First, I would need the full log.  What version of KSP are you running?

Second, that particular error won't be a problem, that is related to putting the build aid on the Blizzy toolbar

21 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

When I post something without a full log, I'm asking whether it's something you want to investigate and/or it's a known issue. Sounds like it's not worth it for now. If you decide you do want to look into it, let me know.

I'm guessing it's only there once in the log.  It can be ignored

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, yobeeb said:

I can't get this to work in 1.3; anybody got it working or using anything similar (mainly I want to see empty CoM, if there's rotation under thrust, that kind of stuff). Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! Yes. It's working fine with 1.3. Be sure to grab the release from LGG though.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/RCSBuildAid/releases

47 minutes ago, yobeeb said:

Thanks! My CKAN dependence is showing...

Don't rally on CKAN for this mod. Read posts from 2-3 pages back. Original author of mod don't have free time to maintain/update mod and CKAN only search for official links for mod update. Until m4v returns with official mod recompile for latest KSP version, we are all grateful that linuxgamer was able to create at least unofficial update.

At least you will get oportunity to learn how to install some mods manualy, it can be useful if CKAN fail for whatever reason.
Don't get me wrong, CKAN is great tool, but it does not hurt to get your hands dirty from time to time, it never hurts to learn something new.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't realize how much I'd come to depend on this mod for balancing asymmetric light vehicles. Fantastic mod. I downloaded the unofficial patch but can't find the icon in the toolbars? I may be doing something wrong? I'm used to mixing and matching parts packs so I'm comfortable not using CKAN, not worried about that.

3 minutes ago, jmill050 said:

I didn't realize how much I'd come to depend on this mod for balancing asymmetric light vehicles. Fantastic mod. I downloaded the unofficial patch but can't find the icon in the toolbars? I may be doing something wrong? I'm used to mixing and matching parts packs so I'm comfortable not using CKAN, not worried about that.

Which "unofficial patch" did you download?

=========================================

Since @m4v hasn't gotten back to me, and hasn't been around since August 12, I'll be adopting this mod during my 1.3.1 series of updates.

As usual, if @m4v comes back, I will happily release it back to him.

I expect to have a release out in the next few days

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Here is a BETA release for KSP 1.3.1, with my normal changes:

Please let me know how it works

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/RCSBuildAid/releases/tag/0.9.2

Ignore me I made a stupid mistake I'm too embarrassed to admit. Works great, as usual the community pulls through.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't want your first-born, they tend to be very expensive.

Second-born, third-born...human beings in general are expensive. Kinda like pets except pets very rarely attempt to sass you back on an intellectual level that's on par with your own...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.