[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

Just wondering: if I use this then want to see only my CoM again, can I just press space until the arrows dissapear and then the CoM will reappear in it's original size?

Disable the CoM marker and enable it again.

I notice that parts are still considered for torque calculations even when they're removed from the main vessel, i.e. they're semi-transparent red in the VAB. It would be really nice to be able to detach my launch vehicle, adjust my RCS torque, then re-attach without having to use sub-assembly loader.

Thanks. This is a bug , I'll look into it.

A bug report, if I may.

When attempting to balance a craft that includes S2 cockpit from the B9 pack, initially vectors for the cockpit's builtin RCS thrusters were displayed, but were incorrect. After a while, they stopped showing up altogether and now I can't get them to show at all. They are apparently not counted anymore either, got no clue why. There is nothing that appears relevant in the logs.

ok, though I'm not sure if I should support other mod's quirks regarding RCS I created an issue just so I don't forget about it and at least look into what is going on.

A bug report, if I may.

When attempting to balance a craft that includes S2 cockpit from the B9 pack, initially vectors for the cockpit's builtin RCS thrusters were displayed, but were incorrect. After a while, they stopped showing up altogether and now I can't get them to show at all. They are apparently not counted anymore either, got no clue why. There is nothing that appears relevant in the logs.

hey, I did a quick look and I do believe there's something wrong going on with my plugin. But I need to investigate further for understand what is exactly.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I uploaded a new version, which fixes several issues the initial release had. Now it shouldn't calculate stuff with detached parts, forces are shown correctly in B9 parts (some B9 parts might be still near impossible to balance due to the odd placement of RCS)

The change I have to point is that it doesn't use the spacebar anymore, but the "hnjilk" keys (see OP). Now there's no key conflict with the game but I'm still not happy with this so I'll probably have to change it again in the future.

The zipfile url doesn't work for me, can't you upload it to spaceport? :P Or is there a work around for the link?

My bad, uploaded to spaceport this time around, check OP.

Any chance you could maybe tweak this to work with regular engines - ie for use when designing VTOL planes.

With decent VTOL control coming soon, this would be rather handy.

I suppose yes, but wouldn't the center of thrust marker be enough for that?

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to maybe add a dry CoM along with the full CoM?

that would be soo usefull! :0.0:

Is on the works, this is from current git, red is the dry CoM.

9FWxMpi.jpg

However I'm really busy with exams and I don't know when I'm going get it ready for release.

I always use this now to place RCS exactly around the CoM, however there is still the problem of the CoM moving as the fuel is burned, so I have cooked up a mod to use alongside this one to set the location of the Com that has been used to balance the RCS and then redistribute fuel in flight to move the CoM back to this location.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.