[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've gotten it to compile, haven't yet tested.

Since the Blizzy toolbar isn't yet available for 1.3, that obviously won't be there if/when I release

The latest version of toolbar appears to work for me under 1.3 (just starting to test things this morning).  As a data point.

Just now, DStaal said:

The latest version of toolbar appears to work for me under 1.3 (just starting to test things this morning).  As a data point.

That may be, but I'm doing this as a courtesy, and I don't use the toolbar.  When it becomes official, I'll include it if @m4v hasn't gotten around to it

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That may be, but I'm doing this as a courtesy, and I don't use the toolbar.  When it becomes official, I'll include it if @m4v hasn't gotten around to it

Ah, it was easy enough to do that.  I'll test it this evening, and then make it available.  I'll also push a PR to @m4v of the changes

Linux, saved the day again dude.  Thanks.

this has to be about the 100th mod you are helping with now (i realize this was just a courtesy update etc etc - but still, you seem to be doing so much!0

thanks to Linux for the beta update and M4V for not objecting :)

Meth

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

This has quickly become one of my most-used mods, tied with Kerbal Engineer Redux. It allows me to build planes that won't spin out after they run out of fuel, make sure VTOLs function, and many other things. I can't thank you enough, @m4v

True that!

On 6/19/2017 at 3:03 PM, Foxster said:

Bug report:

RCS BA causes any MechJeb windows with long text to lose the text wrap, resulting in very wide MJ windows...

oLBSbGb.png?1

First,I would consider that  a Mechjeb bug.  Mechjeb is not wrapping text.

Second, what version of KSP, what version of Mechjeb, what version of RCSBuildaid, etc.

Log file as well.

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First,I would consider that  a Mechjeb bug.  Mechjeb is not wrapping text.

I think the problem is in the setupStyle class where RCS build aid is directly modifying GUI.skin.label and GUI.skin.toggle rather than working with copies. This can cause issues for other mods that assume the default skin values. Although I agree that perhaps MechJeb should be explicitly setting wrap rather than assuming the default.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

Thank you for looking at the problem, LGG. 

I'm struggling to tell if it is fixed or not, which sounds odd. 

The problem was still there when I started the game. So I went to MJ settings and changed the skin from "MJ2 Compact GUI skin" to "MechJeb 2 GUI skin" and the problem went away. Switched back to the Compact skin and the problem returned. 

So it might be that you have fixed it for the normal skin and not the Compact skin I use. Or it might be that it was already not a problem in the skin I don't use and what you have done has made no difference - I don't know because I didn't try this before. 

Oh, I may have uploaded the wrong files

Will check in a minute 

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong files.

These are correct:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zztj8ejdktcz6md/RCSBuildAidSkinFixBeta2.zip?dl=0

Working remote on a busy day, sorry about that.

Please note, this was compiled for 1.3

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok. I'm waiting for confirmation, but it appears in a test that this fixes it.

Once someone else confirms, I'll upload a new release

@Foxster

@Aelfhe1m

@Gordon Dry

@billkerbinsky

Pinging you because I realized that I didn't.

seems to fix it, but since I didn't see it NOT working, I can't be sure.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok. I'm waiting for confirmation, but it appears in a test that this fixes it.

Once someone else confirms, I'll upload a new release

@Foxster

@Aelfhe1m

@Gordon Dry

@billkerbinsky

Pinging you because I realized that I didn't.

seems to fix it, but since I didn't see it NOT working, I can't be sure.

Well, good news - bad news.

The good is that in an isolated test build with just MechJeb and RCS BA I was unable to trigger the bug with either the new or previous DLLs.

The bad news - in my MANY mod career game. The presence of RCS BA (either version) will trigger the bug but removing RCS BA fixes MechJeb. Not sure what's going on but it must be some sort of more complicated interaction with one of the other mods or memory usage or CPU load or ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.