The scary rain outside my house!

Kinglet

At my house its 18:43 and this is PenguinsMeep Reporting live!

There is the biggest raincloud i have ever seen in my life. Its hanging above me. I see a weather balloon outside rising in the could. ERMARGERD ITS A HURRRICANE!!!!!!! (well i think so :P)

Ok im clam. Its raining so much that i cant see anything out of my window. And the wind is bulging my windows! Im not kidding!

Pffff...that storm was nothing.

Down here in Texas especially during hurricane season we deal with water flooding the streets, water seeping into the house, power outages, flying debris ect.

Yeah I'm also from Texas and get a lot of rain. One time after a storm my friends dad went fishing in the high school parking lot, AND CAUGHT A CRAWFISH.

I do recall, that while on a visit to China, a typhoon hit the city I was staying in. Some debris smashed a window open, but my grandparents patched it up. Power went out for a day, severe flooding, reports of several dozen killed came in from all over the city, etc.

But, the shame is, I slept through half of it, and the storm had moved some good 500 Miles by the time I woke up (Around noon.)

I remember the awful storm we had in Sweden a few years ago. We remained indoors while it rained, and only had the TV to entertain us. At one point, the lights flickered. It was awful. When it had passed the next day, we heard that an old tree had fallen down on the road to our neighbours, and that pushing it off of the road had taken five whole minutes. It was horrible.

Anyone remember Superstorm Sandy? *shudders* I had no power or internet for a week.

My wife and I were in Port-Au-Prince when that storm first came through the tropics. We chased it back through Florida that Saturday. I've been on rollercoasters gentler than that flight. Landing in Miami in a 747 with 75 MPH crosswinds...just, this:

1:50 - 2:30. When I'm in the back of the airplane, I should not be looking at the runway we're supposed to be landing on. From my short conversation with the pilot after landing, he was an F-4 pilot in Vietnam and had actually heard of my dad. Never got his name, though.

But anyway, I live in southwest Missouri, so I've had my combat helmet on continuously for the past few weeks. Almost got flooded out yesterday, in fact.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.