[0.20]Pirated Weaponry V0.31

Pirate

Maybe, and Yes. I am going to make some smaller versions of bombs and attempt to make a pod missile holder, but the colliders >_>

Yeah, those damn colliders....

Whatcha think of my suggestion about the heavy cannon stuff?

I just trieed, and I had no problem fitting the nuke into the FireSpitter bomb bay. But why doesn't the nuke work when dropped from above two kilometers, and why don't the missiles explode? Also, not sure if this is intended, but the bass cannon rounds don't explode, they just smash into stuff and do minimal damage due to being so small.

Might be wrong in the below but this is what i understand,

it's because KSP doesn't load/simulate objects beyond 2 km

once it's beyond that, it gets unloaded from simulation, if it's not "landed" and it's in dense atmosphere (below 30 km i think??), KSP destroys it.

Hmm, I'm getting an interesting bug with the bass cannon. I put the round, and when I fire it, it seems to fire it from 10 meters in front of the vessel, and it's firing it to the opposite direction (right back at my vessel). Any idea why that might happen?

I just trieed, and I had no problem fitting the nuke into the FireSpitter bomb bay. But why doesn't the nuke work when dropped from above two kilometers, and why don't the missiles explode? Also, not sure if this is intended, but the bass cannon rounds don't explode, they just smash into stuff and do minimal damage due to being so small.

You need to get Lazor Mod and extend the range.

Hmm, I'm getting an interesting bug with the bass cannon. I put the round, and when I fire it, it seems to fire it from 10 meters in front of the vessel, and it's firing it to the opposite direction (right back at my vessel). Any idea why that might happen?

Check your staging, you might be firing 1 round into another one :confused:

Check your staging, you might be firing 1 round into another one :confused:

Nope, I'm just firing one and it comes back flying at me :S

EDIT: Sorry, I have rebooted the game and it seems to work, thanks anyway :)

Edited by Mihax209
It is working now

You need to get Lazor Mod and extend the range.

For your information, I have Lazor System installed with max loading distance, and my problem is not that stuff disappears. My problem is that the nuke won't detonate when colliding with the ground if dropped from above 2 km. It'll detonate just fine if dropped from below. The missiles also don't explode, they just ram into stuff and damage it that way. The Bass Cannon shells will also only do the stock "part explosion" when it hits something - the explotion won't destroy other things than the bass cannon round.

For your information, I have Lazor System installed with max loading distance, and my problem is not that stuff disappears. My problem is that the nuke won't detonate when colliding with the ground if dropped from above 2 km. It'll detonate just fine if dropped from below. The missiles also don't explode, they just ram into stuff and damage it that way. The Bass Cannon shells will also only do the stock "part explosion" when it hits something - the explotion won't destroy other things than the bass cannon round.

Huh, I don't know how that could happen... I will talk to romfarer about it.

Huh, I don't know how that could happen... I will talk to romfarer about it.

This is also the case for me but I did get the nuke to detonate when dropped from above 2+ km. I had and still have the latest version of the Lazor system.

The bass canon rounds seem to not collide with anything apart from the ground, they just go straight through the vessels, any ideas?

I think it is because they move so fast that the game doesn't register them hitting stuff. If you shoot at something stationed far away, it might work better. But as it is now, the Bass Cannon is useless for close-stuff. Maybe a "short-range bass cannon shell" with half the decoupler force would work?

Stack the bass cannon rounds on top of each other in the barrel. Just make sure they decouple in the proper order, i.e. the last one placed should be the first to fire. I think you can get 8 in the barrel.

I also have the issue with bass cannon rounds not colliding with anything but the ground. It makes my newly built tank a bit useless.

Best way I found was to completely kill relative velocity to target, then use a lazor cam mounted parallel to the cannon to zoom in and aim with. I built a cool tank with a DR-powered turret, though.

Still frustrating that it can't inflict real damage. Is there a velocity value that can be lowered so it might detect the collision better?

Best way I found was to completely kill relative velocity to target, then use a lazor cam mounted parallel to the cannon to zoom in and aim with. I built a cool tank with a DR-powered turret, though.

Still frustrating that it can't inflict real damage. Is there a velocity value that can be lowered so it might detect the collision better?

You could turn down it's speed and how much damage it can take in the cfg :)