Help please i just started

Helix935

OK guys i have officially sent my space station into orbit with more than enough fuel to spare although one question.....

at what altitude does something reach atmosphere and goes through a plasma burn just so i avoid destroying my solar panels and stuff.

OK but i think your a bit wrong there because for some reason my orbit has it lowest point at 36,000 and it is not falling out of the sky even after several passes..........

one hour later.............

never mind it just did

Edited by Helix935

The top of Kerbin's atmosphere is ~69,078 m. There is currently no reentry heat, and aerodynamic forces will only rip panels apart once you're fairly low. That said, a craft that's on-rails (really, >2.5 km from whatever craft you're controlling) will not experience any drag, but will be removed by the game if it reaches the 0.01 atm level (~23,026 m).

This my minimal design for Minmus station. The idea is that the core structure is put up then modules attached to the arms.

Rockets are best pyramid shaped, you're s looks like a cylinder.

Edited by Dun Kirk

• 2 weeks later...

also is it frowned upon to look up expert and pro designs so that i can learn from them?

because right now i am trying to build a mun base and none that i have seen really make sense in that they can be learned from

Edited by Helix935