[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.9 [New MATLAB Version!]

Yes. Please include how to best enter it into MechJeb node editor. Or some other plugin node editor?

Okay. I'll demonstrate with MechJeb, but the principle will be the same regardless of the editor used. I'll get this out this weekend when I have more time. :)

Thanks for the bug report, Spanier. Did it output an error message? Can you paste it in, if you did? Can you also take a screenshot of your inputs so I can duplicate it?

There was no error report, the program simply freezed and didn't respond anymore.

And it gave me weird ejection parameters from a 75km Kerbin Orbit, where I wanted to go to Duna via Eve: It said me to go for a excape inclination of 90.0° :0.0:

IIRNVNr.png

I think it freezes under the insane processing load that's caused by the algorithm so the program becomes unstable, because it only dies sometimes when I poke it during calculations, otherwise it just looks very busy (loading bar slower then IE)

<snip>

I think it freezes under the insane processing load that's caused by the algorithm so the program becomes unstable, because it only dies sometimes when I poke it during calculations, otherwise it just looks very busy (loading bar slower then IE)

Well, the initial cause is that you're trying to flyby Duna. What's happening here is that the solver can't find anywhere feasible to start from. This is happening because one of the two nonlinear constraints on flyby periapse is being violated. Given the small size of Duna, I'm going to guess that it's only computing flybys that are subterranean. The small size (read: mass) of Duna means that you have to get pretty close to pull off a trip to Jool. It could likely be that the only way to get there would be to flyby at a height that is below the mean radius of the planet (read: surface).

The two options are to allow the user to turn off these constraints or to put a timeout on the feasibility search and kill it if it's not done by a certain time. I'd rather the latter, but I'll take commentary from folks as to what they'd prefer.

As a note, KSP TOT is not freezing. It's not making any progress because of the poor flyby conditions, but it's still chugging along trying. The application itself is quite stable.

So I tried my Kerbin -> Eve -> Moho trip yesterday and it didn't go well. I had the flyby sequence all figured out, but my execution was pretty off. I've identified three sources of error that contributed to this:

1. The actual departure time does not match the computed departure time;
  2. The actual initial orbit does not match the initial orbit input into the software; and
  3. The achieved delta-v (vector) does not match the computed delta-v (vector)

(3) is really two parts, as well:

1. The "impulse burn" assumption has been violated; and/or
  2. The execution was simply not spot on.

Also, a note about (1): the time that I display in the KSP TOT program is in the format used in the Tracking Station:

Year a, Day b, hh:mm:ss

Where "time 0" is Year 1, Day 1 00:00:00.

However, in MechJeb, the time is displayed differently. MechJeb computes it as a delta offset from time 0. In other words, "time 0" in MechJeb is just 0s. A better example is MechJeb's 1 year, 0 days, 00:00:00. To go to KSP time, you add 1 day and 1 year: Year 2, Day 1, 00:00:00.

This is another point of confusion. If R4m0n was around, I'd bug him about it, but he hasn't been here in a long time. Moving back to the original point:

I need to do something about (1), since that's a major source of frustration for people. I also decided yesterday that I could do something about (2). Normally I've been getting my orbit information from MechJeb, but it doens't provide a lot of decimal places. This means that things can get imprecise later. Thus, I went to the only place your orbit is fully defined: the SFS file itself. Hence, I present The Ability To Read SFS Files Into KSP TOT!

The demo is pretty straight-forward. Right click an orbit panel and select the menu that appears:

bW1Sdcs.png

Select the SFS file you want to import from:

VrqzeJv.png

Select the spacecraft that you'd like to pull the orbit from:

bUdQz6T.png

And tap "Use Selected Orbit." Voila! Your orbit gets imported. :)

hll6uAr.png

Pretty cool, no? What do you guys think?

This feature and the 2-burn optimal orbit change will be the focus of v0.8, which I'd like to get out tomorrow or Sunday. :)

Edited by Arrowstar

So it's just a incredible rare case where to get a gravity assist of duna on my way to Jool. I'll try out later with a larger launch window, maybe it works.

About the new features: would it be possible to also extract the current phase of orbit from the craft and then return a exact launch time for flyby or transfer burns.

Edited by Spanier

a8htFMb.png

What happened? It tried to restart the calculation of a "free" duna return orbit after it gave allready one after about an hour of processing, so I tried to stop it by closing the loading bar window.

:D

Does it also pull the orbited body?

No, but there's no reason it couldn't. What were you thinking?

<snip>

What happened? It tried to restart the calculation of a "free" duna return orbit after it gave allready one after about an hour of processing, so I tried to stop it by closing the loading bar window.

When you closed the progress bar window, you didn't actually stop the process, you just killed the window that showed the progress. When the application then went to go find the window to try to update the progress bar, it couldn't and so it threw an error.

I really need a cancel button or something, but unfortunately the optimizer code I'm using here wasn't written by me. It'll take some retrofitting to install an interrupt like that. I think I can do it, but it might take a bit. :)

So it's just a incredible rare case where to get a gravity assist of duna on my way to Jool. I'll try out later with a larger launch window, maybe it works.

It might be rare, but odds are it's impossible. There are constraints on your flyby periapse at Duna: it must be above the atmosphere and below 90% of the SOI radius. A flyby a Duna may not be able to possess these two qualities.

I have added a way to turn these constraints off, if you're interested:Ab1AK0V.png

Using this, I can get a solution, but I assure you that if your spacecraft doesn't have a very large drill on its nose, it's not going to work well. ;)

About the new features: would it be possible to also extract the current phase of orbit from the craft and then return a exact launch time for flyby or transfer burns.

I guess I'm confused. My code returns the departure and flyby times right now. Could you explain a bit more? How does this differ from the functionality I already have?

Edited by Arrowstar

No, but there's no reason it couldn't. What were you thinking?

That it would help to prevent issues if it automatically updated the departure body with the orbited body of the selected vessel. (Import vessel, do burn. Whoops, the departure body was still set at Duna instead of Kerbin. F9.)

Installed. Looking good. Yet to work out all the dials and knobs. I fall down on this part

To use this information in KSP (I assume you have MechJeb 2.0.8 installed).

Get into that equitorial 700 km SMA orbit you entered previously.

Bring up the map view and create a maneuver node anywhere.

Use MechJeb's Manuever Node Editor and enter in the prograde, radial, and orbit normal delta-vs from the Departure Information window.

Snap the node to periapse.

Enter the Time Past Periapse number in the Shift Time By box, and tap the Shift Time By button.

Check the map view to see how close you are to the actual intecept and then execute the burn, adjusting the departure time by fractions of a second as necessary.

and that's because I've never used this feature of MJ before. I assume I type in my prograde dv (1013 m/2) and click add. My radial is 0 (or close enough for Duna) and my normal is 456. Again - I type this in and press ADD? I snap node to periapsis. That works. I've got a predicted orbit that more or less puts me on Duna's orbit. I then type in the shift time (1701s) and my orbit goes into a solar escape orbit. ? It also intersets the Mun briefly but that's not enough to put me on an escape path.

Where does the UT come in? I'm sure I'm missing that key piece - meaning I burn at the wrong point of my orbit.

edit: MJ says UT is 14d 17h 9m 23s and TOT says departure time is 1y 59d yadda yadda.

I understand MJ has an offset by 1 - but I'm adding this info FYI. I know what time it is now - I know what time I need to depart - how do I calculate the correct SHIFT TIME?

Also - I think there is a config setting for ksp that changes the conics mode - does that matter?

Also - I add 'normal dv' to mj and that moves me out of Duna's plane. ??

<--- noob

Edited by togfox

New post for a new problem:

I tried a fly by of Duna to get to Jool. My windows firewall blocked TOT. What is it trying to access and why? SMPD.exe also crashed at the same time (probably because of the firewall). These seem to be matlab programs.

New post for a new problem:

I tried a fly by of Duna to get to Jool. My windows firewall blocked TOT. What is it trying to access and why? SMPD.exe also crashed at the same time (probably because of the firewall). These seem to be matlab programs.

I'm going to reply to this one despite the late hour because it deals with security. Here's what happenings: when the FMS code starts up the parallel computing workers, it runs code in MATLAB's Parallel Computation Toolbox. This toolbox is designed to, among other things, distribute heavy MATLAB workloads across a network for efficient and fast solutions to hard problems. In the case of KSP TOT, the "workers" are all local to your machine (read: the cores of your CPU) and the "network" is just the local loopback adapter. What I suspect is that the Parallel Computing Toolbox code is attempting to open network connections with your own PC via the loopback adapter so that the MATLAB programmers didn't have to write separate local and networked implementations of parallel computing.

You can allow the firewall access. I'll clarify this now in case it comes up again: KSP TOT does NOT connect to any PC other than the one you're currently sitting in front of. It does NOT send any data across the internet or other network. All calculations are done locally and returned locally only.

I'll answer your question about how to use things tomorrow, as it's getting late here. Sorry about the surprise firewall request. It surprised me too until I figured out what was going on. Btw, if you want, you can deny the request and the code *should* run in serial (aka not-parallel) mode. It might take longer to finish, but there shouldn't be harm in this. This isn't tested though, so your mileage may vary. :)

Thanks for that clarification. As a test, i shall try it blocked and if it works l'll time it and see if the difference you suspect actually happens.

edit: The slow poke way does work. It took perhaps 30 minutes to find a fly by past Duna - the trip would take about 4 years and save me 200dv. :D

My original noob questions still apply thanks.

Edited by togfox

I guess I'm confused. My code returns the departure and flyby times right now. Could you explain a bit more? How does this differ from the functionality I already have?

Sorry I misunderstood the purpose of the new feature. What I meant was, that even if my spacecraft is in the correct parking orbit to execute the correct orbit, it might not be in the correct place at the correct time to do so. But since the departure manouver doesn't need to be timed exactly to a certain time but be located at a very exactly point in space, I see 2 possibilities to combine the new feature with the current ones:

1. A manouver can be calculated for a particular spacecraft, so it applies to the rendezvous restrictions and slightly alters the launch time and needed delta-v

2. You can calculate a correction manouver to your orbit so it optimally fits to the calculated manouver. This would need the possibility to save the results of a intercept or flyby calculation

And if KSPTOT allready can read from sfs files, would it be possible to enter non-gravitational bodies as targets from the save file (like spacestations in a Kerbol orbit)

Installed. Looking good. Yet to work out all the dials and knobs. I fall down on this part

and that's because I've never used this feature of MJ before. I assume I type in my prograde dv (1013 m/2) and click add. My radial is 0 (or close enough for Duna) and my normal is 456. Again - I type this in and press ADD? I snap node to periapsis. That works. I've got a predicted orbit that more or less puts me on Duna's orbit. I then type in the shift time (1701s) and my orbit goes into a solar escape orbit. ? It also intersets the Mun briefly but that's not enough to put me on an escape path.

Where does the UT come in? I'm sure I'm missing that key piece - meaning I burn at the wrong point of my orbit.

edit: MJ says UT is 14d 17h 9m 23s and TOT says departure time is 1y 59d yadda yadda.

I understand MJ has an offset by 1 - but I'm adding this info FYI. I know what time it is now - I know what time I need to depart - how do I calculate the correct SHIFT TIME?

Also - I think there is a config setting for ksp that changes the conics mode - does that matter?

Also - I add 'normal dv' to mj and that moves me out of Duna's plane. ??

<--- noob

I'm going to post a tutorial here in a bit that uses screenshots to show what to do. Hang tight. :)

Sorry I misunderstood the purpose of the new feature. What I meant was, that even if my spacecraft is in the correct parking orbit to execute the correct orbit, it might not be in the correct place at the correct time to do so. But since the departure manouver doesn't need to be timed exactly to a certain time but be located at a very exactly point in space, I see 2 possibilities to combine the new feature with the current ones:

1. A manouver can be calculated for a particular spacecraft, so it applies to the rendezvous restrictions and slightly alters the launch time and needed delta-v

2. You can calculate a correction manouver to your orbit so it optimally fits to the calculated manouver. This would need the possibility to save the results of a intercept or flyby calculation

And if KSPTOT allready can read from sfs files, would it be possible to enter non-gravitational bodies as targets from the save file (like spacestations in a Kerbol orbit)

Okay, I think I see what you're after. I'll make a note to investigate this for the 0.9 release (as the 0.8 code is finalizing now and should be out later today).

Did I do something wrong on the installation:

<snip>

I tried to run KSPTOT on my Win8 Tablet.

I've never tried using a tablet... do you have the MCR installed? Is the tablet version of Win8 x86/x64-based?

I've had a few requests for some better instruction on how to use KSP TOT. I had previously posted some instructions on the OP about how to use it, but those were put together quickly without the use of screenshots or visual aids. Thus I present here:

From Kerbin to Duna: A KSP TOT Tutorial

Prerequisites

You will need the following for this tutorial:

• The latest version of KSP TOT (at least v0.8, which I'm releasing tonight), installed and running;
  • Kerbal Space Program 0.20.2+;
  • MechJeb 2.0.8 or higher.

Phase 1: Mission Pre-Planning

In this part of the process, we go ahead and figure out roughly how we're going to go from Kerbin to Duna. In the subsequent phases, we'll replan the maneuver once in orbit and then execute the plan.

Step 1) Open KSP TOT. Double-click the application and wait for it to start. It will appear shortly like this.

vYfUyGXl.png

Now, we're going from Kerbin to Duna. These planets orbit the Sun, so in the "Transfer Central Body" box, we select "Sun." In the Departure Body and Arrival Body fields, we select "Kerbin" and "Duna" respectively. In order to plan an interplanetary trajectory, we first have to compute the porkchop plot that describes the best times to depart and arrive. After that, the "Compute Departure Burn" button will enable and we can figure out the exact maneuver we're going to use to leave Kerbin.

There are two fields that allow you to shift parts of the plot left/right and up/down. These are the "Earliest Departure Time" and "Earliest Arrival Time" text fields. You can enter offsets from the KSP "Time 0" here and it will shift the plot. For now, we're going to leave these at 0, since there's a good Kerbin/Duna transfer only a few weeks in from the start of the game (Time 0).

Tap the "Compute Porkchop Plot" Button. It will hum for a few seconds and then generate something like this.

ytpbZLt.png

There are two critical parts to this display (pointed at with arrows). First, notice that the plot now appeared and shows a contour of estimated delta-v to depart Kerbin and arrive at Duna. The optimal point on that plot is shown with a data cursor popup. Second, notice that in box below the porkchop, a slightly different set of optimal departure and arrival dates is shown. These dates should have a better delta-v than what is shown in the plot, as they were found with an optimizer that looks for optimal departures and arrivals.

Since we're all about efficiency here at the Kerbal Space Program, we're going to use this optimized set of departure and arrival dates:

Optimal Kerbin Departure:    Year 1, Day 58 14:07:33.814 (4975653.8144 sec UT)                           
Optimal Duna Arrival: Year 1, Day 126 00:00:12.310 (10800012.3098 sec UT)

Now that we know when we want to leave, we can tap the Compute Departure Burn button, bringing up this screen.

tSIRdEz.png

Notice that the departure and arrival times have been pre-populated by the software to the optimal departure/arrival. Since this is the plan we want anyway, we'll leave these as is.

Now we have to tell the code what our starting orbit is. I prefer injecting into 200x200 km orbits around the equator, and this is what I'll aim for when I actually go open up KSP. In theory, you could put anything here that corresponds to a valid orbit, but for now, let's stay simple.

A 200x200 km orbit has an SMA of 800 km, an eccentricity (Ecc.) of 0.0, an inclination of 0.0, a RAAN of 0.0, and an argument of periapse (Arg. Peri.) of 0.0. Enter those values into the orbit information boxes on the right.

H2VBgct.png

Then tap the "Compute Departure Burn" button. The program will think for a few seconds and then return something like this.

BGEJ1lel.png

The image on the left shows a nice plot of the initial/starting orbit (solid black line) and the departure orbit (dashed black line). Kerbin is the green/blue sphere in the middle and the red line is the direction of your engine burn. You can also click the Transfer Orbit radio button to see a picture of your transfer orbit around the sun to Duna.

Notice that we have a few pieces of information on the right as well. The first box (upper) gives you the hyperbolic orbit you should be achieving to leave Kerbin. This is useful when comparing to MechJeb.

The central box gives you the transfer orbit around the sun. It also shows the departure and arrival dates you plunked in earlier (or in our case, that KSP TOT found for us and we didn't have to modify).

The lower box is the most valuable for actually executing the burn. It says that we'll require 1.2409 km/s of delta-v to leave Kebrin on a path towards Duna. We also have the burn delta-v components split of into prograde, radial, and orbit normal. These will go into MechJeb later. The burn time past/before periapse is useful for centering the burn where it needs to be to leave. This will all be shown later.

Okay, so we have a plan! Now let's get into space and start tweaking it so we can leave for Duna!

Phase 2: On-Orbit Mission Planning

Start up KSP if you already haven't and create a new game. Make sure you have MechJeb 2 installed. Build an interplanetary vessel of your own design, and get it out to the launch pad. DO NOT LAUNCH YET.

We noted above that we want our departure date to be this:

Optimal Kerbin Departure:    Year 1, Day 58 14:07:33.814 (4975653.8144 sec UT)

Therefore, we don't want to just leave right away! We need to fast forward until we get to the proper departure time (minus a bit so we have time to get to orbit and set up the burn).

In MechJeb, open up the Orbit Info window and drag it somewhere out of the way. Hit the E in the upper left corner of the window to Edit it. Find the Recorder category of items and scroll down until you see Universal Time. Click it to add it to the orbit info window. Then close the Window Editor. You should have something like this on your screen now:

Sn94Dc0l.png

(I also added a bunch of other items to the Orbit Window. Add whatever you want so long as you have Universal Time on there somewhere.)

Now, while still at the pad, warp time until the Universal Time line says 57 days, 13 hours or so. This is NOT one day before our departure. MechJeb counts time as an offset from 0, whereas both KSP and KSP TOT call Time 0 Year 1, Day 1. Thus, to convert from KSP time to MechJeb Time, you need to subtract 1 year and 1 day. Hence, Year 1, Day 58 14:07:33.814 becomes 0 years, 57 days, 14:07:33.814. I've added a 1 hour buffer (leaving 13:00:00) so we have time for launch and setting up the burn.

Once you've warped, you should see the correct universal time in the Orbit Info window.

PiyeUxG.png

LAUNCH! Try to get into that 200x200 km equatorial orbit we talked about before.

Once you're in a nice, almost circular, almost equatorial orbit, hopefully you'll see something like this.

UB8P2QF.png

Note how we didn't precisely achieve the orbit we stated we'd be in with the KSP TOT tool. This is not a prefect 200x200 orbit right over the equator. It's close, don't get me wrong, but close tends not to be good enough for interplanetary work like this. We need to revise our plan slightly. Before doing anything else, quicksave! We'll need this later, don't skip this.

Pause KSP and (if you want) minimize it. Open up the KSP TOT window again entitled "Enter Transfer & Initial Orbit Information." This one:

lPq2AZo.png

Now, we're going to grab our new orbit right from KSP itself! Right-click anywhere in the orbit box and select "Get Orbit From SFS File". A window appears asking you to find the SFS file you want to pull from.

hwKjlAR.png

Select the quicksave you made earlier and tap Open. The following box appears.

52jWzx4.png

Select the spacecraft you're currently trying to fly to Duna and tap Use Selected Orbit. The Transfer & Initial Orbit Window will fill in with the values from the SFS file. Keep the departure and arrival date the same!

GWD1QWL.png

Tap the Compute Departure Burn button again. KSP TOT will think for a second and then display the result. The previous departure burn info window will overwrite with the newly computed values. You should notice that the burn information is very close, but not identical to what we had last time. Precision is important!

Here's what I got for the burn information.

Burn Information to Depart Kerbin
---------------------------------------------
Total Delta-V = 1.02717 km/s
Prograde Delta-V = 972.98043 m/s
Radial Delta-V = 0.65673 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V = 329.22533 m/s
---------------------
Departure True Anomaly = 289.36003 deg
Burn Time Past Peri. = 1923.08500 sec
Burn Time Before Peri. = 469.27042 sec

Now, go into KSP again and bring up the map. Place a maneuver node anywhere on your current orbit.

FfDzl1X.png

Bring up the MechJeb 2 maneuver node editor. Fill in the values for prograde delta-v, radial delta-v, and orbit normal delta-v in the boxes to the LEFT of the "m/s" symbol. Then tap the Update button.

OJbG7UW.png

Next, use the arrow buttons to the right of the Snap Node To button to make the text between the arrows read "periapse." Then push the Snap Node To button. Your maneuver node will move.

l2lRZJk.png

Finally, to put the node into the correct spot in the orbit, we want to go to our burn information and grab the "time past periapse" value. (For me, "1923.08500".) Enter this in the Shift Time By text field. Tap the Shift Time By button. You should see something like this.

6oVgLAX.png

Now, hover over the Maneuver Node. It should give you a T- time value. This is the amount of time between you and the node. Let's do some math.

My current UT is (in KSP TOT format):

Year 1, Day 58, 13:16:05

And my time to burn is (not shown in the above picture):

T- 51m, 41s

Adding these together gives:

Year 1, Day 58, 14:07:46.000

But we wanted to leave at:

Year 1, Day 58, 14:07:33.810

So we're about 13 seconds early. You have two choices here. You can enter in this new departure time into KSP TOT, get a new set of delta-v values, and re-enter those into MechJeb. Or, you can simply adjust the burn time by a few seconds up and down to get a Duna intercept. I'm going to do the latter here because we're so close.

Just use the Shift Time By button with a value of 1 or -1 and shift time until you get an intercept showing on the map mode. One or two minutes of tweaking should give you this:

TxUz3mD.png

You now have a good maneuver node that will take you to Duna. From here, it's just a matter of executing the burn, which relies on your abilities as a pilot. Should you do well, you'll make it to Duna in one piece. :)

That concludes this tutorial into basic KSP TOT usage. There are more advanced features, such as interplanetary gravity assists (aka flybys) and optimal orbit changing, that KSP TOT is also capable of. Those will be covered in a latter tutorial.

Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

Hello everyone!

I'm please to immediately announce the release of KSP TOT v0.8. New in this release:

• A two-burn optimal orbit change planner. This allows you to change your current orbit from any one given orbit to another with two engine firings. Very useful for adjusting your inbound hyperbolic orbit to set up that ideal Kethane scanning orbit.
  • The ability to port in orbits from SFS files. Right click an orbit panel, hit the appropriate menu item, select the SFS file, and go! Eliminates the need to hand-enter orbits from MechJeb displays or whatnot.
  • The addition of the orbital period to some output data.
  • The Compute Departure Burn GUI now accepts hyperbolic orbits. (I've left the wording on Elliptical in there for now until I'm satisfied that it works just as well with hyperbolic as well as elliptical orbits.)
  • Various minor bug fixes and tweaks.

Download is available on the OP.

As usual, please let me know about any bugs you find or errors you see. I'll try to fix them ASAP! Comments about what works well also appreciated. :) Thanks guys!

Downloaded 0.8. Those new instructions are great. I'd give you more rep if the forum let me.

I try to load orbit info from file but I just get a 'ding' as if an error happened.

I right click and "Get orbit from file" and the open file box appears. I navigate my c drive to the file and 'open'. I get a ding and I'm returned to the "enter transfer and initial orbit information" window. Can provide file if that helps.

Downloaded 0.8. Those new instructions are great. I'd give you more rep if the forum let me.

I try to load orbit info from file but I just get a 'ding' as if an error happened.

I right click and "Get orbit from file" and the open file box appears. I navigate my c drive to the file and 'open'. I get a ding and I'm returned to the "enter transfer and initial orbit information" window. Can provide file if that helps.

I'm glad you liked the tutorial! Were you able to get it to work for you? Made it to Duna alright then? :)

Okay so, the dreaded Ding of Doom. Yeah, happens when MATLAB has an error. On my version I'd see command window output, but you don't have that here. Could I get the SFS file? Just a link will be fine. If I can fix it quickly, I'll put out a patch tonight.

Hi Arrowstar,

thanks for the detailed instructions on how to use the TOT. Are you going to include a PDF version of the instructions in the next release?

You're welcome! PDF instructions will come around v1.0 or so (maybe 1.1, we'll see). I need to stop adding features before I document things. :)

I've never tried using a tablet... do you have the MCR installed? Is the tablet version of Win8 x86/x64-based?

Oh, I see MCR had failed to get installed properly:

(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) ##################################################################
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) #
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) # Today's Date:
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Mon Jul 15 18:10:40 CEST 2013
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41)
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) System Info
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) OS: Windows NT (unknown) 6.2
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Arch: x86
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Data Model: 32
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Language: de
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Java Home: C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\sys\java\jre\win32\jre
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Java Version: 1.6.0_17
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Java VM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Java Class Path:
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) User Name: lukas_000
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Current Directory: C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) Input arguments:
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) root C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) tmpdir C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) standalone true
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:41) connectionMode OFFLINE_ONLY
(Jul 15, 2013 18:10:50) Starting local product/component search
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:04) Completed local product/component search
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:11) Starting local product/component search
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:11) Completed local product/component search
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:11) Confirmation Text:
Installation folder:
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81

One or more products are already installed in this folder and will be overwritten.

Products:
MATLAB Compiler Runtime 8.1

(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:57) Original path was: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\runtime\win32
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:57) New path is: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:57) UnRegistering mwcomutil.dll
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:57) Running [C:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe, /s, /u, "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\bin\win32\mwcomutil.dll"]
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:58) Completed running [C:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe, /s, /u, "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\bin\win32\mwcomutil.dll"]
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:58) UnRegistering mwcommgr.dll
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:58) Running [C:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe, /s, /u, "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\bin\win32\mwcommgr.dll"]
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:58) Completed running [C:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe, /s, /u, "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v81\bin\win32\mwcommgr.dll"]
(Jul 15, 2013 18:11:58) Uninstalling Product: MATLAB Compiler Runtime 8.1
(Jul 15, 2013 18:14:25) Uninstalling Product: Uninstaller 13.0
(Jul 15, 2013 18:14:27) Unregistering Uninstaller
(Jul 15, 2013 18:14:27) removing registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MATLAB Compiler Runtime R2013a
(Jul 15, 2013 18:14:33) Installing Product: MATLAB Compiler Runtime 8.1
(Jul 15, 2013 18:26:19) com.mathworks.install.archive.MissingEntryException: Missing Entry: nativejava_services_win32_1358377897.enc
at com.mathworks.install.InstallableComponentImpl.install(InstallableComponentImpl.java:111)
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponent(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:98)
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponents(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:58)
at com.mathworks.install.ProductInstallerImpl.installProduct(ProductInstallerImpl.java:141)
at com.mathworks.install.ProductInstallerImpl.installProducts(ProductInstallerImpl.java:61)
at com.mathworks.install.InstallerImpl.install(InstallerImpl.java:100)
at com.mathworks.installwizard.model.InstallTask.execute(InstallTask.java:46)
at com.mathworks.installwizard.model.AbstractBackgroundTask.call(AbstractBackgroundTask.java:82)
at com.mathworks.installwizard.model.AbstractBackgroundTask.call(AbstractBackgroundTask.java:26)
at com.mathworks.wizard.worker.WorkerImpl.doInBackground(WorkerImpl.java:24)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Jul 15, 2013 18:26:19) The following error was detected while installing nativejava_services_win32:

Missing Entry: nativejava_services_win32_1358377897.enc

Would you like to retry installing nativejava_services_win32? If you press No, the installer will exit without completing the installation. More information can be found at C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\mathworks_lukas_000.log
(Jul 15, 2013 18:27:23) com.mathworks.install.archive.MissingEntryException: Missing Entry: nativejava_services_win32_1358377897.enc
at com.mathworks.install.InstallableComponentImpl.install(InstallableComponentImpl.java:111)
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponent(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:98)
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponent(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:110)
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponents(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:58)
at com.mathworks.install.ProductInstallerImpl.installProduct(ProductInstallerImpl.java:141)
at com.mathworks.install.ProductInstallerImpl.installProducts(ProductInstallerImpl.java:61)
at com.mathworks.installwizard.model.AbstractBackgroundTask.call(AbstractBackgroundTask.java:82)
at com.mathworks.installwizard.model.AbstractBackgroundTask.call(AbstractBackgroundTask.java:26)

(Jul 15, 2013 18:27:23) The following error was detected while installing nativejava_services_win32:

Would you like to retry installing nativejava_services_win32? If you press No, the installer will exit without completing the installation. More information can be found at C:\Users\lukas_000\AppData\Local\Temp\mathworks_lukas_000.log
(Jul 15, 2013 18:27:25) com.mathworks.install.archive.MissingEntryException: Missing Entry: nativejava_services_win32_1358377897.enc
at com.mathworks.install.ComponentInstallerImpl.installComponent(ComponentInstallerImpl.java:110)

(Jul 15, 2013 18:27:25) The following error was detected while installing nativejava_services_win32:

(Jul 15, 2013 18:29:18) com.mathworks.install.archive.MissingEntryException: Missing Entry: nativejava_services_win32_1358377897.enc

(Jul 15, 2013 18:29:18) The following error was detected while installing nativejava_services_win32:

Is there are better version?