[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.9 [New MATLAB Version!]

4 hours ago, jakkarth said:

I did have a question about how MA does the "advance script to this point" function. Am I correct that it basically involves using the data from "view state after selected event" to create a new initial state, and then throws away all of the events up to and including the one that was originally selected?

That is essentially correct, yup.  Grab new state at start of selected event, delete previous events, update UI. :)

If so, I possible optimization (that you have probably already thought of) would be to use this functionality internally when optimizing, creating an initial state in the same manner based on the event just prior to the first event with optimizable input variables. This would mean getting to skip SoI searches etc for all the events leading up to the first event with an optimizable input variable, which could conceivably save a bit of processing time. You probably already do this, or have a good reason not to, but on the off chance it hadn't occurred to you I figured I'd mention it. :)

I already do this, lol.  Good suggestion though!  I implemented this a while back when Mission Architect was still kinda pokey and I needed every inch of performance I could get out of it.  It seems to work well enough. :)

Great work as always! What's the next killer feature you've got in the works?

To be honest, no idea.  Most of my recent work has come from people like you and @Gaiiden who suggest ideas based on your own workflows.  I take those ideas, evaluate them for difficulty and value, and implement what I think is worthwhile, as you've seen.  The fact of the matter is that KSPTOT is essentially feature-complete in that it does not require any huge updates to be worth using.  It does pretty much everything as-is!*  Most of the future work is basically going to be focused on implementing analysis tools for new KSP features (think the comm network stuff that is coming in the next update of KSP and which already exists in KSPTOT) and implementing suggestions from my user community that make their lives easier.

That said, if you have an idea for a killer feature, I'm all ears. :) 

*Yes, I had that launch trajectory analysis code in there, but I'm not sure this is ever making a return.  It's a very difficult problem and every time I play with it I don't end up any closer to a usable product.  Launch analysis is much different than in-space trajectory analysis I'm finding!

5 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

Nothing comes to mind yet but I'll keep an eye out for one. Can you explain a little bit about how the fuel usage is intended to work? I've got a lot of engines and fuel types and other oddness from all the mods I have installed and I'm not sure how best to utilize this functionality. The dV summary tends to be what I look at when I'm verifying that my craft is going to meet the mission specs. I'm not sure I understand what the mass of the spacecraft has to do with the calculations MA does, or what value there is in putting the right engine in the dropdown box of the burn. Maybe if I understood that a little better I could make some suggestions?

For the comm stuff, I'm not sure how the upcoming KSP antenna range stuff is going to work. Dealing with RemoteTech, a lot of the antennae are highly directional, so I tend to do my comm planning independent of KSPTOT since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to model that.

20 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

To be honest, no idea.  Most of my recent work has come from people like you and @Gaiiden who suggest ideas based on your own workflows

I haven't been doing a lot of workflowing lately so my idea fount has run dry for now :P

The fact of the matter is that KSPTOT is essentially feature-complete in that it does not require any huge updates to be worth using

I'm going to remind you about the whole interface rearrangement thing I mentioned a while back to make MA the main window instead of the porkchop plotter. That would be total spit and polish though - as you said everything works fine as it is right now.

Yes, I had that launch trajectory analysis code in there, but I'm not sure this is ever making a return.  It's a very difficult problem and every time I play with it I don't end up any closer to a usable product.  Launch analysis is much different than in-space trajectory analysis I'm finding!

yea, I'm sure it is otherwise no doubt someone would have done it by now (actually, someone did a stock ascent program but nothing that approaches what FAR can simulate). Ah well! More challenge in sending things up, I say

18 hours ago, jakkarth said:

Nothing comes to mind yet but I'll keep an eye out for one. Can you explain a little bit about how the fuel usage is intended to work? I've got a lot of engines and fuel types and other oddness from all the mods I have installed and I'm not sure how best to utilize this functionality. The dV summary tends to be what I look at when I'm verifying that my craft is going to meet the mission specs. I'm not sure I understand what the mass of the spacecraft has to do with the calculations MA does, or what value there is in putting the right engine in the dropdown box of the burn. Maybe if I understood that a little better I could make some suggestions?

For the comm stuff, I'm not sure how the upcoming KSP antenna range stuff is going to work. Dealing with RemoteTech, a lot of the antennae are highly directional, so I tend to do my comm planning independent of KSPTOT since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to model that.

The mass of the spacecraft is important for three reasons in Mission Architect.  They are:

1. Allows the user to verify that they won't run out of fuel by simple visual inspection;
  2. Is required for finite-duration maneuvers where the thrust of the rocket engine acts on the mass of the spacecraft (A = F/m); and
  3. Is required for aerobraking maneuvers for the same reason as (2), but for atmospheric drag force.

You only need to put the correct engine into the maneuver engine drop down if you're interested in modeling mass correctly and you don't have any finite-duration burns or aerobraking maneuvers.

Comm in MA is modeled using whatever the underlying "link" model is.  This is basically just the math to determine if two spacecraft can communicate based on distance.  Then all it does is determine the shortest path from start to finish at every time step and shows you the link (where it exists) so you can evaluate it.  It's fairly basic. :)

2 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

I'm going to remind you about the whole interface rearrangement thing I mentioned a while back to make MA the main window instead of the porkchop plotter. That would be total spit and polish though - as you said everything works fine as it is right now.

This is one of those major operations which would be neat but wouldn't add a lot of value, since no additional functionality would be gained.  It would be an absolute ton of work, though, because the main UI manages a lot of the application-wide data.  This would all need to be moved.  In addition, putting the easiest GUI front and center is good for novices as they won't get confused by a complicated UI when they first open things up unless they go exploring.  Otherwise they have just a few inputs to play with that provide a recongizable result (the porkchop plot).  Because of these, the UI will probably stay this way for the foreseeable future. :)

Is there a command line argument I can use to simplify startup? As I use RSS, I have to do the whole "File -> Load Bodies From File" every time I fire this up, and it gets a little old.

(it would actually be nice if it would load this file by default if it was present - maybe offer that as a configuration item somehow)

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just backing up and replacing the bodies.ini in the KSPTOT directory does what I want. And to save any other RSS users the trouble, here's the generated bodies.ini with current versions of everything.

Edited by draeath

3 hours ago, draeath said:

Is there a command line argument I can use to simplify startup? As I use RSS, I have to do the whole "File -> Load Bodies From File" every time I fire this up, and it gets a little old.

(it would actually be nice if it would load this file by default if it was present - maybe offer that as a configuration item somehow)

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just backing up and replacing the bodies.ini in the KSPTOT directory does what I want. And to save any other RSS users the trouble, here's the generated bodies.ini with current versions of everything.

If you download the latest pre-release version of KSPTOT, it will also do what you want. :-) 

23 hours ago, draeath said:

Thanks for the bodies.ini file but I'm still having a problem with setting up a simple Moon encounter using RMS(Rendezvous Manoeuvre Sequencer) I upload the orbit of the active vessel select the Moon as the target orbit and upload the manoeuvre to KSP just to check that I would indeed collide with the Moon if I executed that manoeuvre and I don't even get an encounter since the game shows that the Moon will be quite a few degrees along/behind the "interception" point given by RMS.

On 13/06/2016 at 3:38 PM, goldmine48 said:

Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/GvbzX

These images should give you an idea as to what I mean. It's quite frustrating since I've tried a whole bunch of stuff to fix it like changing the initial epoch time in Kopernicus config file and even uploading the true anomaly of the Moon at a given point and setting that as the mean anomaly in RMS and changing Epoch to the current Epoch which makes things slightly better but still doesn't work once I shift over to Mission Architect.

BTW the screenshots in the link are using an old Kopernicus install from a few weeks ago. But I have tested the bodies.ini file you uploaded on the newest version of RSS and it still doesn't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have zero clue as to how to fix this.

On 7/6/2016 at 5:29 PM, Arrowstar said:

Is there a good way to use the porkchop plotter from inside Mission Architect? When I was trying to plot a Juno-style Kerbin-Kerbin-Jool trajectory in MA, I had some trouble getting the optimizer to find the right deep space maneuver to set up the second Kerbin encounter. It occurred to me that if I could generate a porkchop plot for the transfer from aphelion back to Kerbin and auto-generate the cheapest maneuver that gets me to Kerbin within a specified date range, that would make it easier to start the optimizer with a trajectory that already gets into the right sphere of influence for the gravity assist.

Hi I am using RSS and want to go to Saturn with this path: Earth----> Venus---> Earth---> Earth---->Jupiter  like Galileo spacecraft did. Here are my results (hidden) : 

Spoiler

Hyperbolic Departure Orbit from Earth
---------------------------------------------
Semi-major Axis =               -26617.383 km
Eccentricity =                  1.0301
Inclination =                   89.889 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         314.685 deg
Argument of Periapse =          360.000 deg
Inbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit to Venus
Semi-major Axis =               -12202.988 km
Eccentricity =                  2.1088
Inclination =                   100.504 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         89.772 deg
Argument of Periapse =          263.688 deg
Periapse Radius =               13530.172 km
Outbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit from Venus
Semi-major Axis =               -12202.996 km
Inbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit to Earth
Semi-major Axis =               -5481.264 km
Eccentricity =                  2.1879
Inclination =                   164.604 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         144.840 deg
Argument of Periapse =          353.891 deg
Periapse Radius =               6511.003 km
Outbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit from Earth
Semi-major Axis =               -4207.631 km
Eccentricity =                  2.5474
Semi-major Axis =               -4216.416 km
Eccentricity =                  4.173
Inclination =                   48.382 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         3.294 deg
Argument of Periapse =          286.969 deg
Periapse Radius =               13378.662 km
Semi-major Axis =               -4216.404 km
Inbound Hyperbolic Orbit to Jupiter
Hyperbolic Excess Vel. =        5.549 km/s

Phase 1 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Venus)
Semi-major Axis =            129575376.995 km
Eccentricity =                  0.16471
Inclination =                   18.295 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         0.816 deg
Argument of Periapse =          18.267 deg
Period =                     25439495.412 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        158.107 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          8.063 deg
Phase 2 Transfer Orbit (Venus -> Earth)
Semi-major Axis =            148668737.729 km
Eccentricity =                  0.27743
Inclination =                   24.176 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         7.730 deg
Argument of Periapse =          3.457 deg
Period =                    31264699.0369 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        16.418 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          249.871 deg
Phase 3 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Earth)
Semi-major Axis =            314001580.627 km
Eccentricity =                  0.54376
Inclination =                   23.446 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         359.997 deg
Argument of Periapse =          293.067 deg
Period =                     95967133.467 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        327.338 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          31.818 deg
Phase 4 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Jupiter)
Semi-major Axis =            472042354.740 km
Eccentricity =                  0.68282
Inclination =                   25.841 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         356.211 deg
Argument of Periapse =          315.451 deg
Period =                   176887125.0897 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        12.875 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          179.181 deg
Earth Departure Date = 
                Year 22, Day 74 14:37:25.942
                      (668615845.942 sec UT)
Venus Arrival Date = 
               Year 22, Day 250 21:26:09.389
                      (683846769.389 sec UT)
Earth Arrival Date = 
               Year 23, Day 159 22:45:58.343
                      (707525158.343 sec UT)
Earth Arrival Date = 
               Year 26, Day 226 22:09:33.642
                      (807919773.642 sec UT)
Jupiter Arrival Date = 
               Year 29, Day 127 08:51:24.364
                      (893926284.364 sec UT)

Burn Information to Depart Earth
Total Delta-V =                 38.820 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              -22259.904 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          31803.655 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                0.002 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             314.685 deg
Burn Information to Depart Venus
Total Delta-V =                 0.000 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              -0.001 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          -0.000 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                0.000 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             0.000 deg
Total Delta-V =                 0.767 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              766.797 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                -0.000 m/s
---------------------
Prograde Delta-V =              0.012 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          0.000 m/s
---------------------

Are this results logical. 

Total Delta-V =  38.820 km/s  (to depart earth)      direct laucnh costs less

Also it is not giving me the ejection angle. When I am at 200x200km orbit I don't know where to start burning although I entered my orbit infos (SMA, ECC, İNC etc.) in that small box

@Arrowstar

Edited by berkekrkn

I seem to have some trouble trying to load an orbit from KSP, either from the persistence file or using KSPTOTConnect. Is that broken in the prerelease?

Edit: problem solved, needed to regenerate bodies.ini

So now I have a different problem. Is there a guide somewhere on the Proscribed Delta V, Orbital Spherical and Inertial Spherical coordinates? I have a need to make use of them... but am guessing them presently.

The problem being, I cant import maneuver nodes to KSP, as Im playing career mode, and do not have them unlocked yet. Trying to go to Minmus without them is... interesting.

Edited by blu3wolf

On 29/08/2015 at 10:21 AM, Arrowstar said:

2) Four new DV maneuver types, all of which use spherical coordinates. Spherical coordinates use an azimuth (angle in a plane) and elevation (angle out of the plane) and DV magnitude to define the maneuver. There are inertial and orbit impulse maneuver types as well as inertial and orbit finite burn duration maneuver types. The best use for these new types to allow you to specify the min and maximum delta-v magnitude for the optimizer.

What is the plane, and what is the reference direction in the plane?

Wild guesses here:

The plane is the plane of the orbit, and the reference direction is prograde?

Edited by blu3wolf

On 7/10/2016 at 7:59 PM, goldmine48 said:

Thanks for the bodies.ini file but I'm still having a problem with setting up a simple Moon encounter using RMS(Rendezvous Manoeuvre Sequencer) I upload the orbit of the active vessel select the Moon as the target orbit and upload the manoeuvre to KSP just to check that I would indeed collide with the Moon if I executed that manoeuvre and I don't even get an encounter since the game shows that the Moon will be quite a few degrees along/behind the "interception" point given by RMS.

These images should give you an idea as to what I mean. It's quite frustrating since I've tried a whole bunch of stuff to fix it like changing the initial epoch time in Kopernicus config file and even uploading the true anomaly of the Moon at a given point and setting that as the mean anomaly in RMS and changing Epoch to the current Epoch which makes things slightly better but still doesn't work once I shift over to Mission Architect.

BTW the screenshots in the link are using an old Kopernicus install from a few weeks ago. But I have tested the bodies.ini file you uploaded on the newest version of RSS and it still doesn't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have zero clue as to how to fix this.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why you're seeing what you're seeing.  You're not the first person to come to me with RSS-related issues, but I've never been able to pin down anything in particular.  So long as the RSS code isn't doing something to the way bodies are propagated through space, everything should just work.  Have you been able to come up with anything since asking?

On 7/11/2016 at 0:36 AM, undercoveryankee said:

Is there a good way to use the porkchop plotter from inside Mission Architect? When I was trying to plot a Juno-style Kerbin-Kerbin-Jool trajectory in MA, I had some trouble getting the optimizer to find the right deep space maneuver to set up the second Kerbin encounter. It occurred to me that if I could generate a porkchop plot for the transfer from aphelion back to Kerbin and auto-generate the cheapest maneuver that gets me to Kerbin within a specified date range, that would make it easier to start the optimizer with a trajectory that already gets into the right sphere of influence for the gravity assist.

So none of the maneuver planning applications really consider deep space maneuvers.  You could always create a dummy body in the bodies.ini file with your spacecraft orbit, but that might be about it.  Does this help any?  I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking, to be honest.

On 7/11/2016 at 5:25 PM, berkekrkn said:

Hi I am using RSS and want to go to Saturn with this path: Earth----> Venus---> Earth---> Earth---->Jupiter  like Galileo spacecraft did. Here are my results (hidden) : 

Reveal hidden contents

Hyperbolic Departure Orbit from Earth
Semi-major Axis =               -26617.383 km
Eccentricity =                  1.0301
Inclination =                   89.889 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         314.685 deg
Argument of Periapse =          360.000 deg
Inbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit to Venus
Semi-major Axis =               -12202.988 km
Outbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit from Venus
Semi-major Axis =               -12202.996 km
Semi-major Axis =               -5481.264 km
Eccentricity =                  2.1879
Semi-major Axis =               -4207.631 km
Eccentricity =                  2.5474
Semi-major Axis =               -4216.416 km
Semi-major Axis =               -4216.404 km
Inbound Hyperbolic Orbit to Jupiter
Hyperbolic Excess Vel. =        5.549 km/s

Phase 1 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Venus)
Semi-major Axis =            129575376.995 km
Eccentricity =                  0.16471
Inclination =                   18.295 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         0.816 deg
Argument of Periapse =          18.267 deg
Period =                     25439495.412 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        158.107 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          8.063 deg
Phase 2 Transfer Orbit (Venus -> Earth)
Semi-major Axis =            148668737.729 km
Eccentricity =                  0.27743
Inclination =                   24.176 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         7.730 deg
Argument of Periapse =          3.457 deg
Period =                    31264699.0369 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        16.418 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          249.871 deg
Phase 3 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Earth)
Semi-major Axis =            314001580.627 km
Eccentricity =                  0.54376
Inclination =                   23.446 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         359.997 deg
Argument of Periapse =          293.067 deg
Period =                     95967133.467 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        327.338 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          31.818 deg
Phase 4 Transfer Orbit (Earth -> Jupiter)
Semi-major Axis =            472042354.740 km
Eccentricity =                  0.68282
Inclination =                   25.841 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         356.211 deg
Argument of Periapse =          315.451 deg
Period =                   176887125.0897 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        12.875 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          179.181 deg
Earth Departure Date = 
                Year 22, Day 74 14:37:25.942
                      (668615845.942 sec UT)
Venus Arrival Date = 
               Year 22, Day 250 21:26:09.389
                      (683846769.389 sec UT)
Earth Arrival Date = 
               Year 23, Day 159 22:45:58.343
                      (707525158.343 sec UT)
Earth Arrival Date = 
               Year 26, Day 226 22:09:33.642
                      (807919773.642 sec UT)
Jupiter Arrival Date = 
               Year 29, Day 127 08:51:24.364
                      (893926284.364 sec UT)

Total Delta-V =                 38.820 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              -22259.904 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          31803.655 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                0.002 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             314.685 deg
Burn Information to Depart Venus
Prograde Delta-V =              -0.001 m/s
---------------------
Total Delta-V =                 0.767 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              766.797 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                -0.000 m/s
---------------------
Prograde Delta-V =              0.012 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          0.000 m/s
---------------------

Are this results logical. 

Total Delta-V =  38.820 km/s  (to depart earth)      direct laucnh costs less

Also it is not giving me the ejection angle. When I am at 200x200km orbit I don't know where to start burning although I entered my orbit infos (SMA, ECC, İNC etc.) in that small box

@Arrowstar

Nope, something is definitely wrong.  I would need to see screenshots to help find out what, though.

14 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

What is the plane, and what is the reference direction in the plane?

Wild guesses here:

The plane is the plane of the orbit, and the reference direction is prograde?

Elevation is the angle out of the plane, yes (positive is towards orbital angular momentum vector).  Azimuth is in the orbit plane and measured from the prograde direction.

1 minute ago, blu3wolf said:

Im not sure, but I think RO - which is often installed with RSS - might mess with epoch. If so, could that account for reports of issues?

If it's changing orbit epochs to values not reflected in the bodies.ini file, it would definitely screw up where everything is located.  That could account for the problems, yes.  Any thoughts on what to do about it?

4 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

Well, I guess my thoughts would be to research it to see if it does. Im not volunteering for the task, sorry. I haven't use RSS or RO before, and Im partway through my 1.1.3 career save.

That's fine.  I've never used either mod, either.  Hopefully someone with some experience using them will have some more insight.

@Arrowstar

This time I made a simple mission. Earth---->Venus---->Mars:

First of all I put the dates. For the launch window open I put my KSP date which is 40y 252d

On the "launch window close" I put a random date. 10 years after launch window open. (I think the problem may be here)

Then I put my target planets. I left the orbit info box blank because the spacecraft is not launched yet.

ksptot-1.jpg

Then I press compute flyby maneuver sequence and here is the result:

ksp-tot-2.jpg

38.982 m/s delta V is required. I think  something wrong with launch close date. How can I decide that ?

Edited by berkekrkn

11 hours ago, berkekrkn said:

@Arrowstar

This time I made a simple mission. Earth---->Venus---->Mars:

First of all I put the dates. For the launch window open I put my KSP date which is 40y 252d

On the "launch window close" I put a random date. 10 years after launch window open. (I think the problem may be here)

Then I put my target planets. I left the orbit info box blank because the spacecraft is not launched yet.

ksptot-1.jpg

Then I press compute flyby maneuver sequence and here is the result:

ksp-tot-2.jpg

38.982 m/s delta V is required. I think  something wrong with launch close date. How can I decide that ?

Given that you're using Earth as your starting body, you may want to consider adjusting your initial orbit to an SMA of more than 800 km.  That may have something to do with the problem.  Can I get a copy of your bodies.ini file to try some things myself?

4 hours ago, berkekrkn said:

Increasing SMA helped but not that much (1600). Now the required deltaV decreased to 27.000 m/s

Are you aware that the radius of the Earth is 6378.137 km?  Your SMA needs to be significantly higher to even be in orbit.  Right now your ship is tunneling through the core. :)

Anyway, I set the SMA to something actually reasonably, like 7200 km, and the answer I received for departure delta-v was ~10 km/s.  This is high but explainable when you consider the significant out of plane component that is required to execute the departure component.  Please note that Earth-Venus-Mars isn't really a great trajectory for a flyby so I would expect your results to be sub-optimal, as we are seeing.

5 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

Are you aware that the radius of the Earth is 6378.137 km?  Your SMA needs to be significantly higher to even be in orbit.  Right now your ship is tunneling through the core. :)

Anyway, I set the SMA to something actually reasonably, like 7200 km, and the answer I received for departure delta-v was ~10 km/s.  This is high but explainable when you consider the significant out of plane component that is required to execute the departure component.  Please note that Earth-Venus-Mars isn't really a great trajectory for a flyby so I would expect your results to be sub-optimal, as we are seeing.

http://imgur.com/a/FiixL

More diagnostic images. Even with a starting orbit above 6378km and lined up with the ecliptic it still shows really high delta-v requirements. I was thinking are the program's algorithms getting confused by the fact that the whole solar system is tilted in RSS to ensure Earth's Axial Tilt.

Also no progress with the mismatch concerning the Earth-Moon flight, I suspect that a combination of initial epoch number from RSS(-31542641.784s) and the fact that I don't think that the SOI distance listed in the celestial body catalogue in Mission Architect matches with RSS values but I can't be certain.

1 hour ago, goldmine48 said:

http://imgur.com/a/FiixL

More diagnostic images. Even with a starting orbit above 6378km and lined up with the ecliptic it still shows really high delta-v requirements. I was thinking are the program's algorithms getting confused by the fact that the whole solar system is tilted in RSS to ensure Earth's Axial Tilt.

Also no progress with the mismatch concerning the Earth-Moon flight, I suspect that a combination of initial epoch number from RSS(-31542641.784s) and the fact that I don't think that the SOI distance listed in the celestial body catalogue in Mission Architect matches with RSS values but I can't be certain.

So trying rotating your RAAN around a bit (say, in 45 deg increments) and see if that helps.  I did so and RAAN = 90 deg drastically lowered the delta-v requirement. :)

27 minutes ago, Arrowstar said:

So trying rotating your RAAN around a bit (say, in 45 deg increments) and see if that helps.  I did so and RAAN = 90 deg drastically lowered the delta-v requirement. :)

That did the trick! For a while, but now even if I try that trick(and increasing the RAAN in 45 deg increments) it still gives an incorrect delta-v. For some reason the "Compute departure burn" only gives me a reasonable delta-v if I reset the porkchop plot options so that the earliest departure date and earliest arrival date are 0(Year 1). Even if I put the same initial orbit for a departure and arrival date around Year 20 it gives me a wildly incorrect answer for a burn set in Year 21. I also tried with MFMS but same problem even when I run it multiple times(I know the algorithm has an element of randomness). I can get a somewhat reasonable delta-v(but still 1000m/s more than MechJeb) if I play with the RAAN number, but there's no link between the final number and any other numbers defining the orbit(Argument of periapsis, Inclination, etc.). Besides, having to tweak with actual orbital properties of the Active Vessel instead of playing with maneuvers and optimizing missions in Mission Architect kind of defeats the point of the program right? It seems strange that the program should have such problems with RSS considering the fact it works so well for stock KSP. @Arrowstar, have you tried installing RSS and RO yourself? Perhaps on a separate KSP install to your current one?